Some people are killing the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Superman1955, Sep 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arcfussion Well-Known Player

My 2 ¢ . We all need to step back and breath. Let's all remember one thing, this is just a game . We're not solving world hunger or negotiating a peace treaty. We are having a "discussion" about a game, plain and simple . If we can't get along playing a game , then we're in deep doo doo in the real world. So ,please , let's help each other and respect others opinions for what they are, their opinions . Thank you everyone. Arcfussion 248 cr Earth Dps 244 cr Tank (though I'm not very good at it :p. )
    • Like x 1
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I see this happen all the time in things like DWF, Olympus, God of Monsters, The Escape... and not in the elite stuff, either. I'm watching people with CRs in the 230s and 240s popping feats... and not difficult ones to get, either. If it's not feats, I'm watching people who have absolutely no clue about the mechanics of the boss fights... like failing to get out of an AOE attack of any kind, trying to burn Darkseid when Granny is out, "see a button must push it" during Hecate, attempting to melee the Harpy, not knowing how to get in a straight line, or burning Ultraman instead of Owlman and Superwoman.

Sometimes it amazes me what people either miss or never bother to learn... usually because they are just gear hounds, and because the instance when you are at level is "too difficult." Yeah, gear may get you 80% of your stats, but if you really want to be successful, you have to work on all aspects... do your feats to get your SP, and learn the mechanics. Once you learn the mechanics, things aren't too difficult any more. They just require that you pay attention.
    • Like x 2
  3. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

people are not killing the game the kick system has always been killing this game. when ur a 230cr crushing a 250cr ur gonna get kicked anyways, u can get kicked for 9000 reasons. i just wish the chat box would tell u who kicked u and who voted and that its made easy to add them to the block list so u never run with those players again. but even than thats ur time u wasted getting to the last boss getting him down to 4% than getting kicked because everyone died and ur still standing. great kick system if u ask me
    • Like x 1
  5. Dene Devoted Player

Sad isn't it ?

DCUO has this particular mentality where people will pre judge you based on cr etc - but act like an elite so and so, because you have a high cr and they will praise yo, instead of thinking/saying "i seriously cannot believe you think it is ok to speak and treat people that way because you used some replays and got some gear"
    • Like x 2
  6. Dene Devoted Player

In my opinion, you use kick correctly.. you wait.. you see.. you base your decision on individual merit/actions.. not some silly notion that cr is be all and end all of it
    • Like x 2
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Wait, are you saying paying an extra couple of hundred dollars on replays every DLC on top of my subscription doesn't make me elite and entitle me to treat others like ****?
    • Like x 1
  8. Dene Devoted Player

:)

I KNOW!!! crazy concept huh?

P.S. I can be a bit of a gear chaser.. but when i hit CR before some others, I do not suddenly feel entitled, maybe i'm a weird guy, but I do it because I want to, for myself..
    • Like x 1
  9. Shadow Force Committed Player

Well on the behalf of those who got booted by you, i see you in game im booting you always.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ringz Dedicated Player

I like the people who are scorning Lightmare, then say they put him on ignore, then later trying to give feedback to his methods, even tho hes on ignore.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL. You guys are funny on wednesdays huh.
    • Like x 1
  11. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

You guys remember back when there was no vote system? Only the yellow name (team leader) could kick and it was instant. And you couldn't do anything unless someone had to /promote you. People were pissed with yellow name left without promoting and you had to figure out who was the new leader? Ahh those were the days.
  12. Brav Well-Known Player

I agree, the vote system can definitely use a revamp/change. A general concept (Update Vote System).
    • Like x 1
  13. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I'll run anything with anyone who's the right CR for it. Whathisface can have his opinion, but at the end of the day it's who YOU run with that matters. He can do things his way, and I'll do things my way.
    • Like x 1
  14. Plowed In Loyal Player

That point I’m with you on, even if it’s not my personal preference. If it’s your group, it’s your choice.
    • Like x 1
  15. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The OP was refering to PUGs.... those groups belong tro no-one and all group members the same!
    • Like x 1
  16. Plowed In Loyal Player

Was he? I went back and reread, he mentions “his party” and “joining my group.” But I guess Light could clarify further so I’m not assuming things.

PUGS are totally different than pre-mades to me...totally agree with you about PUGs.
    • Like x 1
  17. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I can't speak for you shark, as you attempted to do for me, but I can tell you that as a 39 year old adult playing a video game, no , I haven't ever attempted to get "revenge" whatever that means, on someone whose behavior irritates me in game. Because I'm not an adolescent.

I just put them on ignore. This post honestly says a whole lot about YOU, not me.

Perhaps the projection of your own actions onto me are a good starting point for a discussion about YOUR emotional maturity level?

No, You don't think so? Then kindly stop projecting your own hangups onto me and others, and in fact, you'd be better served to stop making statements that include "I'm pretty sure" when you're not sure at all.

P.S. what people ACTUALLY did was attack this guy's statement about what he does, and one guy went so far as to threaten him with harassmant/griefing in game. So yeah, the reactions to an opinion about what the one guy chooses to do, which he didn't say is what YOU or anyone else should do? Pretty silly and over the top.

But you're absolutely right, people can respond to his opinion, which I didn't say they couldn't. I just stated what it looks like from the outside. I said what I thought people should do. Now you've responded, and got caught up in your own poor argument skills. How'd that go for ya? Not as well as you think, to be assured.

Have a good one!
    • Like x 1
  18. Darth Piper Loyal Player

In non-elite content the bar is so much lower to avoid getting kicked... it's reg, and as long as people pay some attention to things, they should be OK... but if someone randomly queues in with both roles when not capable of doing one of them, be ready to get kicked or left alone in the instance. Elite content is always a different story. If you don't bring your A game each and every time, you will find yourself on the receiving end of kicks quite frequently, even if you were invited to the group in order to form the team.
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yes, I can tell you're very emotionally mature.
    • Like x 1
  20. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Ignore in game, since he posted his toon names as part of his signature. An in-game ignore is not the same as a forum ignore.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.