Did I miss a note on changes to the way an ignore list works?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TechWarrior0329, Aug 31, 2018.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Now I know that even if you put someone on ignore there is still a possibility that person COULD be on a 4 or 8 man team you join but I had this happen to today and it made me wonder what what is going on.

So I Qed up for a DUO .. let me repeat that or you a D O U .... and when I got inside I was staring at a guy I had teamed with earlier that was "supposedly" a troll but I provided myself with more Power by using sodas than he did and he did about 1'/8 the damage I did. I stuck him on ignore and assumed that I'd never see him on anther duo again. BUT there he was. I had no desire to team with him which was the main reaosn he went on ignore to begin with.. Well actually the only reason.. SO I left. I sat in my lair and waited out the deserter penalty and Qed up again and got the same duo (Malfunction) and sure enough when I stepped inside .. THERE he was again??? So I left again LOL

No like I said I know if conditions are right even if they are on your ignore list you can wind up teamed up with a player on ignore on an alert or raid.. BUT a duo? And before the questions start I checked my settings and see no reason for that guys status on my ignore list to be over looked.

Did they make changes and I am unaware? Thought the idea of the ignore list was more than just you don't see their text .. at least when it started it was supposed to do its best to avoid placing you on a team with them. IF he's the ONLY other guy , at that moment looking for THAT duo, then the game should just keep looking for other players to team each of us with. At least that's what I thought???

Signed dazed and confued on the East Coast LOL
  2. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I was under the impression that the ignore feature worked with the social features, and didn't apply to instances. I know that if you have someone on your ignore list, and you're in the same league with them, the ignore feature will not work with league chat. You will still see their text. That's the one chat feature that it doesn't apply to.
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I believe it only TRIES to not place you in instances with them. But if you are the only two players queuing up for an old Duo, like Malfunction, it’ll place you together.

Side note and personal opinion: Save your ignore list for players that matter. Putting someone on ignore because you outperformed them is ridiculous. It could be a little kid or a new player, etc.
    • Like x 4
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Outperforming is NOT my criteria... being a total waste of my time is...... These days, as we all know, we have a group that is under the impression that everyone else in game is there for one reason. To get them stuff. They go on ignore when I have to literally stand in one spot and MAKE them move away from the entrance and then barely do anything at all but watch me solo a duo. I had one guy about a week ago that did not even manage to do 10,000 in damage out. I had a guy that was 150 CR higher than i was on a wasteland dou that was there for ONE reason.. ONLY time he attacked anything was during the part where you defeat the two groups on each side of the prize in a short enough period of time and you get a feat. I soloed all three bosses. Hell on Jesse he stood there and let Jesse kill him so i pretty much had to solo if I wanted to or not.

Hell I am advancing an alt that just hit CR 135 today.. and doing the event version of the Teen Titan stuff. We may all get clamped to CR 230 but you can kind of tell when your team mates are below level 30 .. if I put every player that I did more damage than on an ignore list I'd need a new one LOL As long as its obvious they are trying I have no issue. When they are VERY OBVIOUSLY freeloading They get ignored.
  5. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I was under the impression that "ignore" only meant you don't see their text. You can still be matched with them.
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Haven't ran malfunction in a minute, but isn't that a T7 duo? Like LOWER T7? It's possible this player is still new to the game without full understanding of their role yet. Not everyone that does poorly is trying to freeload.
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

READ Fatal READ............... This clown went on my ignore list before I found myself teaming with him on the Malfunction duo. Another day another duo and basically he did nothing but watch me earn him marks and rewards... THEN maybe 20 minutes later I show up in an ALERT and guess who one of the other 3 team mates is. yep The same guy who suddenly knows how to use his attack tray and .. Not sure if he was on a team with a buddy and didn't want to freeload with a pal or just KNEW he was on a mission where he could get KICKED if it pulled the same crap he did on me.

At THAT point he went on ignore. ONE day later I am staring at this same guy on yet another duo. .. And I turned around ans walked out, See it became very clear by the time the alert was over this guy KNEW how to play it was just more fun and do nothing and let some one else do all the work. See on the RESOURCE duo the day before I sort of figured he was slacking off but between being over half way done with ONLY one boss battle left I just completed the thing and moved on.. When he suddenly knew how to play the game on that alert the same day I knew I'd been played with and stuck him on ignore. NOW if I could just keep his lazy butt OFF my missions.

Now go back and actually READ the first post I started the thread with because by the time I ran into him on the Malfunction he was already ON my ignore list. Then TRY reading the second one where I explained to Tybee that I don't just automatically assume anyone struggling or not doing very well is free loading.. I have played the game for 7 years. It may not always be obvious right away but TRUST me I blind Q into everything I can tell when some one is messing around and taking advantage of me and/or an entire team.
  8. Dene Devoted Player

Just to clarify - putting someone on your ignore list is *supposed* to also block them from being placed in instances together..
    but I'm going with my favourite Little Sister here oorrr it needed a relog or time to regiuster (?)

9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Oh I agree with Tybee as well... I can not recall all of the circumstances that still allow a player to wind up on a team with some one on their ignore list but I even elude to the fact they exist in my post. Thing is I was always under the impression that applied to raids and alerts. I get the "logic" behind if Player A and Player B are the only people in game that want to run a particular duo the game AI would be inclined to toss them together.. that is what it is supposed to do. But it Player A has placed Player B on ignore basically he is telling the AI he does not want to do anything with Player B shouldn't they AI simply view that as there being NO ONE on line that Player A can or wants to team with?

LOL apparently not
  10. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

I believe Mepps posted the reason a long time ago when Task Force X came out. You can opt to not be put on villain teams, but you cannot stop a villain from being placed onto your team. I think the same applies with ignoring.

Basically, you cannot hinder another person from playing, only yourself.

So if you’re the only two in the queue, it will still match you up, because you basically don’t have the right to stop the other player from playing.

I’m pretty sure that’s how it all works anyways.
    • Like x 1
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

This is what support told me a while back and has always seemed to function that way. I do know that you do have to wait for the game to update sometimes for things to take full effect......The last time I checked. The game updated around every 5 minutes but that was a long time ago. I could have changed since then.

It's suppose to keep you from queuing up together within PVE & PVP instances and or seeing each others comments. Ignoring will not keep you from queing up against another in PVP.

Also, Someone can invite a player from your ignored list to a group instance like a raid or alert that you are in.