Shouldn't There Be Mod Exchange Kits For your Player and Base Generorator

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MessiahXHD, Aug 27, 2018.

1. MessiahXHD Level 30

DC did well with the new Augment system but there is something i have noticed that we can't do , We cant change Mods when we switch powers or make Mods anymore, So this makes it difficult to Change From healer to tank or tank to troll, Another problem i see we can't Make Generator Mods anymore and they always drop the wrong Generator mod for your roll, We should at least be able to trade them within our account or Give us Mod exchange kits for Generator and our gear . Please Comment on this topic let the Devs Know what the community thinks Thanks,
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Mods on Gear has been erased. Gen Mods now randomly drop and are at the blessing of RNG. Would be better if we could buy them off the Vendor. Reason I see them not making them tradable is because they dont have CR requirement so a CR30 can be rocking Deluge Gen Mods which would be heavily unbalanced. Making them account bound would be nice but again, unbalanced.
  3. MessiahXHD Level 30

They should be able to Make the Mods be CR specific If you are not at The Level of the Mod it should not Support Below average alts on your account , is that to Much work ? We just need a better way To change/receive generator Mods and change our support role Mods .
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

He meant augments, talked about it with him yesterday. Like an example is you are a might dps and all your might augments are near max level, but then you wanna try precision, all those augments are at rank 20 (at the point of no exp in those). Or messiah's original example changing from troll to heal or tank. You'd have to start re leveling those.

I believe this applies to the cybernetics too if I remember the discussion right.
  5. Trexlight Devoted Player

Oh in that case no. They shouldnt switch like that. If you want to level up an off role, then you need to level it up as a separate thing. They shouldnt switch at all.
    • Like x 1
  6. MessiahXHD Level 30

Well why would anyone want to switch Powers , After you have done all the work to rank up your restoration mods and now want to be a Tank , Why should i have to go through all that work to rank up my Dominance ,This is why i am saying there should be some kind of Mod exchange Kit. I guess there will be less switching powers When the fact of the matter is powers get boring and sometimes you want to move to something else .
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree with Trex... Look this is nothing new to the game and the same thing applies in other areas. Okay let's say I have an alt that is A Munitions DPS/Troll and I decide I want to buy a power change and become an Atomic DPS/TANK. After I use the token I NEED to run out and buy a whole new set of armor because the troll gear I have is useless to a tank. Let's say I decide I am tired of having my Tank use dual wield and want to switch to Martial Arts. first thing I need to do is go BUY the martial arts weapon and then go fix my Skill points to which attacks I want access to for martial art.. the old skill points I had set up for Dual wield are useless. Heck even the tactical mods you get from the dispenser in your lair require you grab new ones and slot them as you replace armor .. there is no automatic replacement set up there either.

If some one put in the time and effort to get their augments to say level 100 and then decided to completely switch the roles that alt has access to.. THAT was a personal choice and not one that anyone at Daybreak/DCUO forced them to do. That player simply has to live with Their decision and start over again.
  8. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

This is a prime case of Imagination vs Reality. You're imagining it would take Weeks-Months to level your Implants and Augments up, but this simply isnt the case. If you play EndGame content, salvaging any unneeded gear will get you 2000-4000 exp per piece. You also get 3 Flawed Cyb Mats per day from the daily, each worth around 3000 exp. Implants at level 20 take Hundreds of Exp, not Thousands, to level up. Then with Augments, the Devs designed Augments so they can be fed to one another. You wont get 1:1 exp from it, but it'll get you close enough.

Considering someone shouldnt be switching powers on a weekly basis, once you understand how it works its not really a problem.
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

When you switch powers you make the conscience decision to do so and in doign that, you should not be handed everything to fit that role. many players complain about tanks that cant tank, healers that cant heal and so on and one of the reasons is because of the lack of knowledge. Because you have to get gear, level your mods you spending, nay, investing time into that role to know it and understand it. If you switched Powers and everything was just there handed to you, you would go into content not knowing how to do things and lack that knowledge that then, you become the problem.

If this causes folks not to switch powers then so be it, its not the end of the world. Just because you put in the work to be a Controller doesnt mean you put in the time to be a Tank. It takes learning and you gain that learning from playing and the proverbial gate would be having to level up Augments. Sure you can do it in your current power/role before you make the switch, would be wise but you gotta put in the time. MMOs are about that. They WANT you in the game and spending your time IN the game. You switch powers, you need to level it up and spend more time in it. There is no reason the Devs would want to shortcut that.
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

This could be resolved by instead of directly dropping a specific generator mod you drop a "Generator Mod Cache" that, when you open it, will give you a choice of the type of generator mod (might, precision, health, power, etc) and of a level appropriate to your character's CR... so as an example if your CR allows you entry into Earth 3 but not into Deluge, you will open the cache to find a "Goons of Gotham" generator mod choice... but if you trade that cache to your alt who can only enter Amazon Fury III, the cache will open up and give you an "Olympian" generator mod choice.
    • Like x 1
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I understand both sides. Over time, I've leveled a troll character, and i have a tank and heal character. If i switch powers on that guy, i get my heal gear out of the bank and level it up to current.

I guess i wont be able to do this anymore, so in a sense another great support role player has left the game.

If i had a mod exchange kit i could help people get things done.

Oh well.