Need help defense

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Shadowgod021, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Shadowgod021 New Player

Hello i know this may be a dumb question but im lost. I am cr 144 with a defense of 5,000 i feel really weak ive seen on youtube people with cr 110 that have 11000 did i do something wrong?
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

According to my prediction equation, the game expects you to have roughly 6000 Defense at CR 144 in Damage role.

It sounds like your jewelry gear (neck, rings, mask, weapon) maybe artificially inflating your CR while your core gear (shoulders, chest, gloves, belt, legs, boots, helmet) maybe lagging behind in item levels.

It is hard to know for sure without knowing the specifics of your gear.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

We're those 110 cr people in tank role with tank gear on? That makes a substantial difference
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It depends on a few things.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/Defense
  5. Shadowgod021 New Player

Oh okay i think i get it i really do appreciate your guys help i made it to 6000 defense so im average right?
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Go to that link I posted above and read up on defense. That should help you understand a few more things about others defense being higher than yours.
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Sounds ok to me.

With 6000 Defense at CR 144, you'll receive the intended amount of damage from enemy attacks.

The way the Defense stat works is complicated. A player will encounter survivability issues if they boost their CR too much with non-Defense stat items like Rings, Masks, and Necklaces.
  8. Shadowgod021 New Player

I will thank you.
    If you guys dont mind any tips on Quantum? I get knock out easily
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Use your shields. Learn when to block, dodge/roll, lunge and watch for skulls above NPC's head. Skull means it's about to get ugly.