Super Sonic Speed

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

How about adding a 3rd speed power for each travel power for traveling across the cities? So, you would be flying or running, you hit your speed up button to go faster, then hit it again to go even faster. IT would only be useful in big areas like Metropolis or Gotham, but it doesn't feel like I'm going very fast trying to get to the other side of the city. If superman can do it, why can't we?
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I have the joker backback, so i go on autopilot and text on my phone lol
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Texting and flying is dangerous!
    • Like x 2
  4. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Every year hundreds of office workers are killed and injured by superheroes and villains running into skyscrapers
    • Like x 1
  5. VillNess Well-Known Player

I guess it could be done nowadays with ps3 gone? Even with current top speed ps3 couldn't handle it, when flying at WT or HoD the loading couldn't keep up with the speed.
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Its actually funny, I was thinking about this just last night and how it could be or would be done. For starters, I can't see acrobat or skimming having access to this type of speed. Only speedsters and fliers would be able to do it. Have it as an extra skill point that you can add under your movement type, just like with the regular one. But here are the limitations I would suggest. 1.) You have to be at a higher level to access it. Say level 25 or higher. 2.)There would be a cool down period, a significant one. Like you couldn't use it again for an hour, a day, OR it would have one of those power gauges like some of your other powers do that would fill up over time. 3.) It lasts temporarily, say for up to 2 minutes, maybe no more than 4 or 5 minutes max. They could also have the hot key be the 7 on the 10 key pad or somewhere else on the keyboard, one that's easy to remember. You hit the num lock key for the normal sonic speed, then hit the button for the super sonic speed.
    • Like x 1