That moment

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Savior Prime, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

How many of you had that moment when you accidentally bought DPS gear from vendor when you meant to buy Support gear? I just had that moment with 2 pieces.
  2. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

That’s why they added the disclaimer pop-up. Do you not have that enabled ?
  3. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

yea, but like all other popups, I just click yes and move one without reading.
  4. SasquaT Dedicated Player

I bought minoutaur head collection as 1st item becouse i thought its OP item not just a style so ..........
  5. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I honestly dont know why they dont give us the gear and let us attune it... i imagine it would take up less memory for them as well in the vendors....
  6. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Spam call centers probably love you
    • Like x 9
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lmao.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

OUCH!!!! I hate it when that happens. Use your lower alt pricing to grab the pieces that you need or don't.... I know it sucks but the style still counts towards feats no matter what role it is.
    • Like x 1
  10. Malachyte Devoted Player

Yup, I have done that...have have absorbed 80 level artifacts into another one, I have bought the wrong level catalyst .... you name it i have done it....

On a good note, I haven't called my current wife, by my ex wife's name yet...so I got that going for me... :p
    • Like x 1
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

You would have had to rapidly press X..... Maybe chill out?
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

If they did it that way we would't be able to preview the style before buying it. People would complain about that, and that's fact...for proof look at some of the seasonal threads that had attunable gear in the vendors. There was no way to preview each piece before buying and so people were reasonably upset. Current tech doesn't allow them to create attuanble gear boxes that allow previews...so what we currently have is the best option.

At the risk of belaboring the obvious and making too fine a point of things, I would recommend slowing down a little bit when trying to buy something from the vendor. Look things over very carefully before hitting that buy button. I offer this advice as someone who has been in your position one time too many...as recent as the last Episode.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

No, because if there is a warning in place I read it before proceeding.
    • Like x 1
  14. Balton hero Committed Player

And I would second this advice as someone who needs Phoenix Feather to complete that AFIII collection, yet can't get it off the broker because of scammers.
  15. VillNess Well-Known Player

Ah that sucks. The unattuned drops is good but I don't like the way you don't know do you have the style, or even what the style itself is... When doing old raids for example, when that purple gear is in list of drops I have to check the feat menu which pieces I have already. Sometimes not knowing which style it even is, so have to ask others. It would be fine otherwise but the time limit on choosing is making it annoying.
  16. useless Well-Known Player

Oh yes,many times....bought wrong,even bought right then salvage it with other useless gear.
    When they give us that batman gear stuff thet rises your cr i was somewhere where my stats are buffed so all were - red stats...nah dont need it,dont even like batman stuff so salvage it...etc
    But i've learned my lesson after few mistakes.
    NEVER play the game when you come from the pub with few extra beers in your system,i tend to do some silly things...(once i loged and was like where are my auras and my.....ohh then it hit me,i was singing last night and giving everything to everyone,even buying stuff from broker to ppl lol )
  17. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

[IMG]

You're the person that posted one of the make SP matter threads. Love it when unrelated posts are unintentionally clarified to me ♥.
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

not just that but simply make ALL gear "Suggested Role"...how many times have you desperately NEEDED better gear...a mask...ANY mask will do...you get that mask...its mostly green...but you heal...and its a tanks mask...no mask for you! What if that mask was "suggested" for tanks...but anyone could use it...even if it were only a stopgap until you got a mask thats really useful...??
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Never brought for the wrong role, but I did buy 2 of the same DPS piece before. I had bought a headpiece before going to bed one night and never applied it for the style, forgot about it in the morning and later in that night's session bought the same head piece I already had in my inventory. I applied it (only need the style as I had the OP head) and only realized my mistake when I went to prestige and saw I had 2 pieces to donate. Luckily I had bought the feat off another toon to decrease the purchase price, so only wasted half as much money.

I don't see any reason to change how it works. This was discussed on another thread recently and it sounded like the consensus ther was to read more slowly when purchasing and that the loss of the style and stats on preview on an unattuned box would be a bigger loss than the occasional mistaken purchase.

Reinheld