Aura Stacking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I was tossing ideas around and it has been mentioned before. Im mainly throwing this out to Megzilla and other devs that work in this area of expertise, if anything like this is technically possible, despite the many mentions of older tech hurdles. An answer on maybe past discussions of this, or the technical hurdles would be cool, along with a "probably not" or "maybe" of it becoming a reality.
    • Like x 5
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is something I also would like to see.
    In the past I suggested creating auras that appear as 2 auras stacked.
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I'd like all Hand Auras to also be Hand Styles.
    • Like x 1
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Just imagine being able to combine the og plas and nimbus together. #godly
    • Like x 2
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You mean like being able to stack multiple auras in our inventory? Man, you must have tons of auras to sell.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I'd find that revolting
    • Like x 3
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Nah I mean having 2 accessory tabs to which you could wear 2 different auras at the same time, hence aura combinations being born.
    • Like x 1
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

That's a really good idea.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I need this too. I have too many auras............ stackable auras please. :D
    • Like x 1
  10. VillNess Well-Known Player

Would be nice yeh, whichever aura is slot 1 is on background and 2 is on front. I'd like to have my smoke with some small electricity in it.
  11. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Exactly!
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Any response Megzilla? Hmmmm....:)
  13. Megzilla Developer

I feel like this would murder performance. I am not techy so let me go ask the smart people and I'll see what I can find out. I wouldn't hold my breath for this feature though.
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Hmm I would think it would be UI change over actual stacking in game. As you can have an aura and a power aura at the same time. So it would be the tech hurdle of the costume menu to make it work, no? Probably would have to have two separate types of auras. Like how there are hands and head auras and then full body auras. So like you could do in full body the gold aura and in parts slot do the hacker hands aura maybe?
  15. Megzilla Developer

Probably. A whole lot of "its complicated and tricky and I think we have bigger fish to fry"
    • Like x 1
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Hmmm. Was just curious. Just like said about with powerset auras, they can be stacked on top of reg auras. Would really like to be able to do a Goku SSJB w/ Kaioken or SSJ Rage Trunks look.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. StealthBlue Loyal Player

The only thing I would like to see is mixing the sectional auras (so something like flame head and ice hands) or using a sectional aura with a full body aura. Using two full body auras would just be too busy.

Also, with mixing the sectional auras, I would make it so you can't have two in the same section. So if you are using the head/hands aura, you can only add either a feet aura or a back aura.
    • Like x 1
  18. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Honesty full body auras stacking would be great sure they could be busy if you picked the busiest ones but again its up to the player to choose what works for them. Its not a valid reason not to produce something because it doesnt appeal to your certain taste in styles. If they were to do the same with sectional auras then they would might as well include the full body auras.
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

If you are going for a specific look, like Kaioken SSB, it would probably be best to ask for a two tone new god aura. They've done two tone with the Starotech aura, so it should be possible for them to start from the new god aura, then change the outer bit to red. You wouldn't really get the effect you are looking for by stacking two full body auras, since most auras extend about the same distance from the character model. You really need one to be noticably larger than the other.
  20. IceRaider Dedicated Player

Good luck I hope you get the answer I was looking for a couple years ago when I 1st suggested the idea. Lol I think some of the combos could look epic. Killer Frost aura stacked with artic or snowflake aura or time torn back aura stacked with dark flame as some examples.