Artifact/Augment Breakthrough chances

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Malachyte, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

I'm sorry if this is a rant session, but this whole Augment Breakthrough chances is a bunch of Bull Crap...

Yesterday I was leveling up an Artifact to level 100 and it failed 3 straight times, where I went through 2 Heal of Preservation and a round of catalysts to get it from 80 to 100.

I'm sorry but this is pure BS...especially if your trying to level up an Adaptive Augment from 20 on and it takes a lot of catalysts that only drop from the Titan content....

This feel like a friggin scam to me...if your going to have level up for these items, then just make the required material and stop this crap shoot chance of break through failures...

Anyone else feel this way ? If so, the Dev's should seriously look at modifying this
    • Like x 3
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

it is basically a scam.. how are they going to sell seal of completion otherwise?...
    • Like x 4
  3. Malachyte Devoted Player

I agree, and stuff like this really gets under my skin
  4. nawanda Loyal Player

Stock up seals of preservation. Buy them when the price is low. Understand how the game works and plan.
  5. Djem So New Player

Even more absurd is the fact that the artifacts provide the exact stats that are already granted to your character by CR gear, skill points, and now augments. Perhaps the small breakthrough probability would be more justified assuming that a passive ability or a strategic advantage of any sort could be unlocked upon breakthrough.

It is incredibly unsettling that even after maximizing the artifacts to rank 160 on the test server, that my character's performance is rather mediocre. So long as this game prioritizes nothing more than numbers (such as an additional 300 might, or 200 more dominance), it will cease to possess any value. Players can ask for content difficulty to increase. However, the reality is that the only advantage players will receive as they progress in this game is the following: higher numbers in the stats page, and a higher number for their skill points, augments, artifacts, and CR. As mentioned in my previous posts, numbers are infinite, and therefore their value will depreciate over time. In other words, a number such as 400 skill points may not retain its value as time continues. The same applies for a rank of 160 for an artifact (especially given that the artifact provides nothing more than numerical stats).
  6. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

after certain point, seal of preservation is kinda useless.. you'll need seal of completion...
  7. nawanda Loyal Player

The same applies. The point is, buying any of this stuff when everyone is working on augments is absolutely the wrong time.
    • Like x 1
  8. KN1TE Dedicated Player

The amount of nth metal for 140 & 160 artifacts is also absurd. Very little is gained. I just swapped might artifacts to precision and the grind just gets worse.
    • Like x 1
  9. KN1TE Dedicated Player

After level 100 on artifacts the break thru for 120, 140 & 160 just keep getting worse & worse for seals. I used the seals up to 100 then use completion after that.
    • Like x 3
  10. Green Lantern AJ New Player

And to think I thought it was pretty brutal to fail three (3!) times in a row for the rank 80 breakthrough.. I’m in for a hell of a grind. Thanks for posting this though, I know I’ll have to grab some deals of completion for 100+.
  11. Malachyte Devoted Player

I don't mind the amount of Nth Metal needed to increase for the high level artifacts/augments, but what burns me is after all that grind to just have a fail at a breakthrough once, much less 3 straight times is absolutely absurd.
  12. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Wow I've rarely had issue at level 80. I just fed my 120 might into venom precision artifact and broke it thru past 100 all on one seal. I used a seal of completion on my alt.s bottle city solder at level 8 which is like 160 artifacts level. I did have 2 seal failures at level 6 of the solder breakthru. It's annoying, but I bought 40 seals of preseveration on the broker for 20 Million before they raised the artifact level past 120. Also got cheap seals of completion. So it's knowing when to buy & sell them as well.
  13. KN1TE Dedicated Player

It's really way too much nth metal. It's ridiculous. Like 6 months to a year to grind it out. For very little.
    • Like x 1
  14. Malachyte Devoted Player

You're right..it is a long grind to get not that much stats out of it...and if you want to do that, that's fine...but when you do all that grind then to fail a breakthrough because of this BS system, that to me is the final straw....I'm going to try to get one of my adaptive augment to level 23 and if after all the grind and all those catalyst needed, if I fail one breakthrough I'm done with this game
  15. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Did u get those Amazonian Life forces for level 23? They barely dropped and were up to 8 million a piece when you need 2. I have 3 toons... so I need 4 for each toon on 2 augments a piece. That's 12 A.L.!... stuff just gets crazy. Oh yeah and you can eat the cybernetic augment into another so I only have 2 and not 4 for each role because the system is stupid and you can't mark it so it can't be destroyed. I've destroyed 2 now. And I know others who have done the same.
    • Like x 2
  16. Malachyte Devoted Player

Oh yeah...i have accidentally destroyed 2 augments as well.... they really should let you mark them so you can't accidentally destroy them, but i'm wondering if that is by design