Starro Event-vs-Operations for queuing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Malachyte, Jul 16, 2018.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

Folks,

I apologize if this has been addressed earlier on, but is there any difference other then the the various Elite missions, between queuing up for the Starro missions as an Event or an Alert/8-Man Operation ?

I know the event can allow anyone to queue in and they stat bump, but once you reach CR217 and can use the 4-Man/8-Man queue, was curious if there were any differences in the content/drops

Thanks.
  2. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

The content is differant. A bit harder, you cant ignore mechanics like the event version. Im not sure if the loot is differant, i havent noticed a differance yet.
    • Like x 1
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

218 it is. Better gear (199 max level) and a few different feats. Same bore factor though.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The difficulty is much higher. OP collections drop in the T9 version and the gear drops have a higher item scale.
    • Like x 2
  5. Malachyte Devoted Player

Thanks for the feedback all...guess I'll just be queuing up the Alerts and 8-Man from now on

Cheers,

Mal
    • Like x 1
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

As stated Higher difficulty with the episode version as opposed to the event.

Better rewards.. yes the armor that drops in the episode will be higher than what drops in the event (eventually). More feats... Go and check out the requirements. many of the feats a player can earn are only available in the "Normal" version so you can do the solo challenge, raids or whatever dozens of times in the event and complete every requirement but not get the FEAT until you hit Cr 218 and do the episodic version..

Stuff at the vendor.... Until your CR hits 218 you can but gear off that vendor that is unatuned but I forget right now exactly what the maximum CR is for THAT armor . Above CR 218 is when the Best Gear available kicks in and you can buy armor that will go as high as CR 205.
    • Like x 1
  7. AquiloFury Committed Player

the max for the unattuned is 203 I believe
  8. inferno Loyal Player

No marks of victory for any event version instances and the gear attunes 10 cr below the regular version.
    • Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

For accuracy sake.. I have logged on to the game and pulled up my Main who is sitting at CR 234. He has a full set of armor from the vendor ( Chest, legs, head, shoulders, back, hands, belt and boots.. none of the "jewelry" yet) And all 8 pieces are CR 205. You may be thinking of the stuff that drops from the Time Capsules .. That Max's out at Cr 202.

To further verify I am standing in front of the Vendor in the Deluge zone and have accessed the menu and all the gear listed there shows CR205 as well. Now there is a set of gear that is CR 203 since my rings and necklace are listed at that combat rating and another set that drops that is CR201 .. My mask and Utility belt are THAT combat rating.

The CR 205 stuff is all the Mera set

The Cr 203 all shows as being from the Spindrift set

I have a CR 202 as part of my Controller role for that Alt and it is part of the Abysal set

And I have a few Cr 201 pieces on the controller role and those are a part of the Zone walker set

There is no CR 204 gear so YES the highest unatunned gear is Cr 203 but the Vendor gear is 205 which was what i was referring to in my post. Below CR 218 ... its been a while But I think the best gear available playing the "event" version even from the vendor is CR CR 192.

LOL in another couple days the new Titan's DLC goes live and all that will mean nothing anyway :D
    • Like x 1
  10. AquiloFury Committed Player

lol I think we had wires crossed anyway. I thought it was the spindrift being asked about, but you are right...soon, none of this will matter :D
    • Like x 1