Electric vs Sorcery Healing

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by CharlesQuester, Jun 14, 2018.

1. CharlesQuester Active Player

I currently have an Electric toon that I need to be healing with more (I haven't run much group content lately) but I feel like I struggle in end game content. I've read that Electric is mostly burst healing but Sorcery (and Nature too) are more HoT healing(?) for the mose part. I seem to struggle with being a burst healing healer so HoT healing might be for me. Coming from being a Troll power previously I wanted to know which of these two healing powers is more forgiving or easier to use for a new healer?
    • Like x 2
  2. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Hmmmm, I guess sorc for a new person. Electricity is more reaction. You have to know why someone's health is dropping.

Sorc has the watcher. You use Ritualistic Word every time it's off cooldown. Soul bolt is nice and spammable, circle obviously, shard obviously, boon of souls obvs
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

For as long as I've played im actually not very knowledgeable about nature.
  4. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

The Heals with the protective shields come across more useful imo but to each its own.

Nature heal supercharge in elite content is pointless. i would take a shield ss 10 times out of 10
  5. Tilz Loyal Player

I haven't healed with sorc since the revamp, but i'm mainly an elec heal (was celestial main before) and have a good knowledge about water, too.

From my experience, water is the strongest and easiest healer, because shields are kinda OP now. Water has 2 shields, that are not SC.
    Elec is 2nd. Burst heals are very strong.

Overall burst healing wins in this game.

Elec and Water are not that powerhungry and strong. Celestial takes a bit more power, but also up there.
    I feel like sorc and nature are a bit behind. Not saying they can't do content though.

If you need/want help with healing (especially elec/water/celestial or general healing tips) you can send me a pm and I can try to help out. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. CharlesQuester Active Player

Thanks for the input guys! I'ma tinker with Electric alittle more then switch if I'm still not doing well as a healer.
  7. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

I gotta agree, shields do seem better. Prevention versus recovery.
    • Like x 1
  8. BackintheSaddle Active Player

I like Sorcery better but do not use the watcher. It wastes too much of its power trying to dps.
  9. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Yes, grey numbers are your friend
    • Like x 2
  10. The Fairy Well-Known Player

I think you should start with celest. It's an advice i give to anybody that wants to try healer role. Sorcery isn't really balanced right now in my opinion. From what i experience while healing with sorcery, the crit healing chance and magnitude is so low. The hots aren't that great, if i go to do some end tier content i have to put burst heals anyway.
    • Like x 1
  11. Yaiba Committed Player

Go for nature if you want to be a lazy healer. All you need to do is use all 4 HoT powers then go afk :D
  12. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Let me give this example;

Last week, I logged in to my friend's account to get him USE Elite Victory feat (part 5). His main toon was electric and thats the powerset that I never truly play as healer role since I start this game(6+ yrs). Anyway we tried 2 heals a couple times, wiped, then my team said I should solo heal it. That made burn a lot faster and we beat part 5 in 27 mins.

My point is, as I said i never played as Electric healer since beginning and it was too easy to adapt for me. Doing so, in my account my healer toon was Celestial and now its Electric.

Electric has strongest group shield Supercharge among all healer powersets. 50% SC cost, 30 seconds cooldown. perfect. (yea, that shield even protects you from air strike or bombs in US Elite raid. That helped me a lot with part5.)
    • Like x 1
  13. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

^ told yall heals with shields have clear advantage in elite content its not even close

. make make the heals on nature and sorcery stronger so it can bypass certain amount of heavy damage like the other healers can with there shield charges

or have a 8 man shield option in iconic (it doesnt't have to be a strong one)
  14. CharlesQuester Active Player

Hey, you never had to convince me that shields were great....i always wondered how Gadget trolls and Fire Tanks could deal without them. I never realized that Nature didn't have a group shield until this post (never played Nature).
    • Like x 1
  15. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

Nature has a 4 man shield thats it.

The heal supercharge just isnt useful to me especially in elite content where you would be taking alot of damage that healing supercharge wont save you like a 8 man shield can..the 8 man shields from the other healing powers are superior.
    • Like x 1
  16. kelticfury New Player

I have recently returned to the game, and I was never a healer before, so my question is: which powersets have the 8 man shields?
  17. Yaiba Committed Player

Water....
  18. kelticfury New Player

Thanks
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

Water has an 8 man shield, that mitigates damage (so it doesn't safe you 100% from damage) and no "classic" 8 man shield supercharge. It has some other tricks.

Sorcery and elec hav the classic 8 man shield SC
    Celestial has a 7 man shield SC (no shield for you) and a AoE-Mitigation SC
    Nature has no shield sc
    • Like x 1
  20. kelticfury New Player

Thanks, thats some good info!
    • Like x 1