You Know What I'm Sick Of? (Incoming Rant)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Well, mini rant at least.

I am getting sick and tired of getting into duo's with people that 1.)Rush through it, and 2.) Don't care about the sequences of the level.

1.) I get it that some people que up for duos, etc for the speed feat. I totally get that. But what if the person you are paired with, isn't there for that? What if the person you are paired with is there for either loot, briefings, marks, or simply there to complete the mission cause they need to? What if the person you are paired with is somewhat lower in level than you are, not necessarily needing help (cause who really wants to carry someone, right?), but SHOULD NOT be left behind to deal with all the baddies cause YOU are there for the sole purpose of speeding through it simply for a feat?!!! I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!! I just had to ditch a person who was doing this, I got into the tier 1 Hive duo cause I'm trying to level up my toon & getting marks. This guy who's not too far above me in level, goes right to the first scientist, which starts a sequence & brings in a swarm of troops. (More on sequences in a moment) He leaves most of the baddies in that room with the exception of the ones attacking him. Then proceeds down the hallway, frees the 2nd scientist, straight thru the 2nd large room and onto the consoles. He's leaving all of the enemies behind, for me to deal with!!! Meanwhile, I'm still barely at that hallway where the 2nd scientist is cause I keep getting interrupted by cut scenes. I finally said screw this, you're gonna leave me behind, you're on your own and left.

Again, I get that some people want the speed feats or completing the level quickly for it. What the devs need to do, or should do, is create a separate queue just for those that want to speed through a mission. They can even make it into a sort of beat the clock challenge. But it keeps the speed freaks in a separate queue from those that have OTHER purposes for the mission(s). Make a beat the clock challenge, that has certain goals with it such as X amount of baddies beaten, or objectives completed, along with best time. And have it reset weekly during the weekly resets, giving players the challenge of either maintaining their top spot, beating their own time, or beating the time of others taking the top spot.

2.) Let's talk sequences. And I mean these cut scenes that bring about another part of the mission, such as a mini boss, etc, or just another phase of that story or mission. A couple of these tier 1 duo's are a prime example of this. HIVE for instance, once you approach that 1st scientist in that first large room, you get ambushed by a bunch of troops. CLEAR THE ROOM FIRST!!! Know the sequence and clear the room first!!! Or else you're going to get overwhelmed!! Then later on when you get to the room with the force field and Booster Gold, I often get people who go RIGHT for the console, activating the mini boss that is Booster Gold while there are still HIVE troops in the room!!! Again, CLEAR THE ROOM FIRST!!! The other prime example of this is the final boss room in the OMAC base! Both in the solo mission and the duo, there are sequences that you should know to be able to handle it correctly, and without getting overwhelmed and knocked out repeatedly. Every time you approach one of the 3 consoles in the room, drones & bots ambush you from behind. When you first even go in the room, there are bots & drones in here, and many times I've had people go right for the consoles cause they want to get it over with. But each console starts the next sequence, which in turn brings more traps, more bots, and you get overwhelmed. So again I say, CLEAR THE ROOM!!!!

Why is it people can't get this?!?! I've barely been playing a year and I am definitely not an expert. But the way that I look at each mission, is the same way that I've been playing tough video games for years. I find a strategy, and I stick with it. I just don't go hack & slash through every mission, hoping to fly through it without getting knocked out. Its one thing to get through these on your own, but when you're a part of a team whether as a duo or in a raid, you have to take into consideration the other people with you. Even if you are a literal wrecking ball, with CR over 200 and can just crash through everything like you're the Kool-Aid sayin "OHH YEAH!!". Mind your team mates, will ya? And clear the room!!! Ugh!!!

Rant over. :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You know what I'm sick of? Incoming rants.

Jk :p but yeah, bad duo buddies, pain in the rear.
    • Like x 7
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I hate it when people queue into a duo and don't keep up :p

Nah seriously welcome to pugging maybe try to LFG a partner or just deal with the randomness.
    • Like x 4
  4. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Get good.
    • Like x 1
  5. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Getting there. The toon in this case, was an alternate. I'm getting a couple of toons up to tier 2 while I wait till I get a membership again, which should be within the next week or two. Then more missions will open up with more dailies, etc, and I can get marks and loot easier.
  6. SuperBell Loyal Player

I queued for Knights Dome three times on villain side. Two of my partners died at the first boss, one was a tank, the other decided to fly past the enemies in the hall, the third didn't even bother and left. The forth time I was paired with a Hero, we only had one wipe at the final boss, be we got through it.

I don't understand how people get through this game, especially with the long queues, when they leave at the first sign of trouble.
    • Like x 2
  7. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I think those that do, have support. They have leagues that help them. I was recently in one, but due to certain people in it, I left it. For the time being, I'm just going solo. Sick of the cattyness of some people, and when asking for help and not getting any. Yes, I know there's randomness in the game, and yes I do deal with it. But once in a while, you get one twit that makes you go "GRRR!" and you gotta vent. I guess that's what one gets in a game like this. With so much diversity, you get people with different agendas, each wanting to do their own thing. That's why I think it would at least be a good idea if they make a queue for those that want to line up for the speed feats. They don't even have to be duo's or partner up with anyone. Make them from 1 - 8 players.
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think some people do it just to be jerks. Wait until you get one that lays down and takes a nap.
    • Like x 3
  9. buddah Well-Known Player

Duos are the worst when it comes to the player just running through to the end. I am an end game player and I still kill everything before I fight the boss
    • Like x 3
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Everytime I mean like 99% of the time if I que something I'm just way to powerful for and if it's a duo I'll make sure not to ruin it for the other person .

I also feel the same for alerts anything below my level .I show respect like that if however my group doesn't care and asks me to let lose well then our foes are in great trouble :).

I never rush never was that type lol I don't see the point unless feat wise, anyway hell no ima take my time and play it normal .I am going to make every one of those ******* pay for what they use to do to me so they ALL get my fist and boot in there face leave none alive not one :).
    • Like x 1
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

People that have been playing this game for years and have been running the same duos everyday or every other day don't really care about your opinion
  12. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Its easier when you have good friends to do content with, an active league, or utilize LFG. Those always make things much simpler for myself.
  13. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

And since you're coming off a little rude here, I really don't care about yours. Have a nice day!
    • Like x 4
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It's your type of mentality in game that is not needed or wanted. Just because someone has been here for a certain amount of time does not give your or anyone else the right to be a tool. If you cannot play nice then maybe you shouldn't play at all.

It's the new players / customers that keep DCUO alive. The sooner you learn that the better.
    • Like x 4
  15. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Oh, I just read the full post. I dont rush when there are low crs. That sucks sorry man
    • Like x 1
  16. tukuan Devoted Player

IMO there should be managed expectations on both sides when someone is OP for the content and the other(s) is/are at level. On the OP side don't be a ****** and run ahead leaving your partner(s) to deal with a mass of aggroed adds. Also give them a beat to select their loot after the sub bosses. Conversely when you are the at level person, generally your primary contribution is to keep up. It won't be as satisfying as a hard fought instance to be sure. Also you'll likely be expected to hit the cogs and other interactions.

In both cases if you can't compromise a bit I'd suggest not pugging and find a group through LFG. Unfortunately if you opt not to compromise or LFG there aren't a lot of deterrents for the OP side of the equation. IE there's nothing other that etiquette to keep people from running ahead and leaving you behind.

More than duos I see this as an issue in specific catalyst runs, with Sub and LoA probably being the worst offenders. In both cases there's lots of adds left behind and worse the map is big enough that if someone is left behind and dies they often are too far away to get the loot drop.
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Devils Advocate:

Don't blame the players breezing through, blame the devs that put things like Catalysts in older content and didn't give us a way to prevent this problem from happening. Like solo queue/teleporters or a better matchmaking system.

Other hand:
    Jerks are jerks. Put them on ignore and the queue wont pair you with him, hopefully.
    • Like x 1
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This adds a lot to the discussion.

Also, there's a reason it's called a duo. If you want to be the only person to recieve a benefit from investing your time for queing, go run something solo. That doesn't mean you have to kill every add, but making sure the other person is able get to the boss and recieve loot is included in the deal.

Otherwise, go do something else.
    • Like x 1
  19. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Makes me laugh when OP players shoot themselves in the foot by glitching Ra's. "Guys, don't attack too fast or you'll glitch him..."

"Shut up, noob! You and your CR75 need to L2P!"

"This is an alt."

"Yeah, right, that's what all the trash players say. I'm OP. See this? Electricity. You suck."

5 seconds later....

"What the heck? What's wrong with the boss?"

"You glitched him."

"Shut up! THis game sucks."
    • Like x 1
  20. Shark Dental Devoted Player

We need to have a universal ignore function. That way, if you treat me bad when I'm running my alt, you can forget about me tanking/trolling your end game raid for you. I actually do this with some especially nasty players I've bumped into (all play electricity, what a surprise, lol).
    • Like x 2