"Maybe it isnt DCUO. It is me"

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saami, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Saami Loyal Player

Recently i discovered that i havent played any multiplayer games for weeks. I just dont like what anonimity brings up from people.
    I started to think "maybe it isnt all dcuo´s fault". Maybe its me and my dislike towards multiplayer games. Im not saying that DCUO is perfect game or even near that, but when my general dislike towards multiplayer is so strong. I cant be objective towards DCUO either. End of "Dear diary"
    PS. Im not quitting. Dont ask me for stuff.
    • Like x 2
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree. I've wished for a long time there would be more solo content, other than stupid outside missions that groups of people do.
    • Like x 2
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I curse this game’s existence as an MMO every day, you’re not alone, OP. Ironically. :D
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It's a combination of both. It's me expecting more out of the game while trying to write my dcuo history with a dull pencil. It's still an enjoyable game, but too many times I find myself saying "god I wish they would just do something about that already" while playing, and then the frustration kicks in.

As far as the social aspect goes, I just wish we could get into content faster
    • Like x 7
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agreed. I've tried many times to level a villain. The ques are just bad.
    • Like x 5
  6. Imaginos Dedicated Player

This, so much this.
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I think they are starting to help more with the QoL change to operations and crossplay, but as we both experienced it the other day, queues are really bad for villain content. Forming the group takes even longer.

Most of my leaguemates that have villain characters kind of give up on playing them. It's mostly just me when I feel like it.
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

It took me over 20 minutes to form a group for the doomsday raid last night...LFG was barely even shouting for it. Folks either didn't know it was out already, or the end game population is just that bad.

I still get stuff I need done but it takes almost three times as long to get into the raids as it does actually running them most of the time
    • Like x 1
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

*Shudders at the thought of spending over half an hour forming a TTB group...* I don't even want to imagine how long if would have taken us to get an SS group formed lol

At this rate there's not really much the devs can do outside of advertisement and hope it gets the population jumping a little. If we were to brainstorm some ideas though, one thing they could do is:
    -Flatten the tiers/combat rating, make it so it doesn't bloat up as quickly. I know people love the gear chase, but the continuous addition of content and the dwindling population is a deadly combination and the real reason que times are getting as bad as they are, cause additional content just stretches players out some more. If tiers were flattened and more instances dropped identical item level gear, it would at least give people more of a choice as to which instances they want to run, instead of being forced to run that one raid that never queues for whatever reason.

-They can also come up with an alternate progression system that focuses more on solo content and less on group content. That's a double edged sword though, because it takes people out of que times making it even longer for people that actually want to play as a group.

Really the options are very limited, at this point the smartest move would probably be to just push for a new game on a more current gen game engine and hope it generates the necessary hype for a healthier population and much smoother start. With the ps5 and Xbox two or whatever it'll be called rumored to come out in the next couple years, now might be a good time to maybe look into that as a possibility?
  10. Flashy Swagg Well-Known Player

Or
    Or they could do the one thing that we all know would greatly boost the population again and finally adress PvP and revitalize that. The biggest youtbubers for this game were almost all pvp’ers. They have without question the loudest voice and the most influence on this game and the ppl who play it to the point imo you could almost make the case they killed the game moreso than anything due to how they dissed it. Mostly deserving btw. If you can make that viable again those ppl will bring ppl back to the game with them and hype it up as well. It’s just a thought tho.
    • Like x 1
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

I confess I stopped reading after "not much the debs can do other then advertise"

Uh set up rewarding ways to obtain items not spend your money and most likely not get what u want

Maybe make content geared toward players who learned the game, the roles and lowers. Let's not leave out the new age guys but how do we have no content designed for the guys who been subbed for years?

I know if items were sold in a fair manor I could actually obtain them and content was challenging or as I call it fun I would be in game.

Currently the game caters to players who have no talent and broker lovers. The rest of us buy in or take a hike.....
    Certainly NOT appealing to a large disparity of players.

Crazy idea just came to me. Create a fun enjoyable rewarding reason for us to spend money.
    Seems they try to force us at every turn and extort us with the most coveted items.
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Between the players who would play the "you must be this tall to rid the ride" games with group content and the people who couldn't/can't be bothered to send a message of any kind before sending a group/league invitation, I gave up the ghost on most of the multiplayer aspects of the game long ago.

That's not to say I'm completely anti-social. I'll run seasonal instances, and in any group situation I'm in I will do my best to at least send out a /salute emote before I take my leave. I also keep in mind that the game itself makes chat challenging due to how active the combat is (tough to type anything when in the midst of combat LOL). But I honestly have better things to do with my time in the game than to deal with the folks I mentioned earlier.
  13. myandria Item Storage

*Sigh* I hear ya Saami.

The access to new content/events for all players is JUST TOO LONG! 30 day access is more than enough time for players who do not own new content to think about buying it or subscribing to get it. It is difficult to get your sp up to the level of your CR when players do not want to run older content. I miss the old walk-ins and I would really like the devs to bring them back, especially the 4 and 8 man ones; the devs could just CR lock them to prevent lower level players from getting in them just like they have with Mogo, Themyscira, and New Genesis, for example.

I don't do PVP and I haven't invested in PVP for over 12 years now; I don't have much patience for players who get their ego's hurt so easily and cry foul when they don't win, especially when there are no rules set and agreed upon before a match. However, it would be nice to see a viable PVP community here again.
  14. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

The villain side really is that much of a ghost town, huh?
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

I've been wanting to level up a villain to get the vendor-styles unlockable for my main heroes, but I just can't bring myself to do it knowing how bad the que times are.
    • Like x 1
  16. buddah Well-Known Player

I stopped trying to run stuff on my villain.
  17. BƖack Dedicated Player

For me once everything was better. Before i really enjoyed playing games, especially MMORPGs. They gave me alot fun and satisfaction from playing. I could relax after a hard day in the game by just simply standing in one place and listen to the music playing in the background.

I have to admit that i stopped playing mmo games some time ago i've completely lost interest playing these for some reason. I just feel like these days MMO are seeing as only objects to earn money and we players are just to give these and nothing besides it matter.

Only money counts now and games forget about to give players that real fun and pleasure from playing. To me playing mmo games now is even more comprehensive than real work honestly.

I don't know if this is just my imagination and i just simply grow out of playing MMORPGs. Or maybe this is how reality looks like now and games take on this shape.

All i know is that i can't enjoy these anymore and that many people start saying that MMO genre is slowly dying out because of how they are developed these days.

18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

While I've tried a few others this is still the only mmo i've ever gotten into. not for lack of wanting. way back when big mmo's like WoW and City of Heroes were emerging my desktop was on its last legs. i also didn't get the idea of paying a sub to play a video game. i had the console mindset that once you buy the game that should be it unaware that the future would bring in more content. I loved playing rpgs growing up. I hated that my friends outgrew them faster than me. I love making up characters and then watching thier stories unfold.

that said i actually hate larger group content. not always. raids are fun with friends and people you're comfortable with but more times than not what i go through during my days to get to that point where i can flop in front of the television and just zone out leaves me wanting to be left alone. if there was some way i could take my alts in with me to run content i'd never bother another soul in this game again.

i am all for more complex solo missions.
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

I know your feeling.
    I'm only playing this game/MMO because of the ppl around me. The moment the entire league (so like 6-7ppl lol) leaves i'm outta here.
    When I was taking a break last year I had the same thoughts about Multiplayer games.

Decided to play a "multiplayer" game with a pvp focus. It was Pokemon. The good thing there is, you don't have that many social interactions.
    I was part of a little community (very very nice ppl!) for trades and stuff. But most battles (ranked mode) I did were against random ppl. Battle -> Next Battle -> etc. There is no chat or anything. So less "stress".

Those social interactions can be exhausting and toxic ppl are just annoying. That's why I enjoy simple singleplayer games from time to time.
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

A PvP revamp would 100% bring me back full time again.
    • Like x 1