Six Simple Suggestions

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Melusine Midnight, May 29, 2018.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

1. Unify Gear OR Give us a FREE PvP-only Armory
    Simply put, the fact that you need either or an armory, or expanded inventory/bank slots in order to house a PvP gear set keeps many players away from ever pursuing PvP. Gear should have stats for both PvE and PvP. Storage space should not be a barrier here.

2. Give PvP rewards as a loot box option in PvE content
    Please add Mark of Legend as a reward box option, in addition to the already existing options. So, whenever a player would normally be given the option for a Mark of Victory, that player could alternatively choose a Mark of Legend. (PvP gear marks should be eliminated altogether, in favor of unified gear. If gear remains separated, then add those Marks too.)

3. Add PvP style drops as a PvP reward.
    Many players run various PvE content solely to collect the styles that drop in those instances. The same type of style progression/collection should be available in PvP. For example, you could get Shroud of Anubis style drops on the Temple of Isis map.

4. Reduce the cost of Legends Characters
    It takes much less time to gain enough PvE CR to go up a tier, than it does to farm a single Legends character. The more characters that people have to choose from, the more interested they will become in trying them out. Literally all fighting games figured this out in the 80s. This will also increase the interest in LPvE, as team-up feats become more accessible.

5. Daily Incentives
    Double the rewards for a player’s first match of the day, on each map. This will encourage people to try out different maps and hopefully speed up queue times.

6. Add weekly total missions
    Participate in 50 PvP matches: Large PvP reward box, Win 10 PvP matches: Medium PvP reward box, Participate in a PvP match on each map: medium PvP reward box, Win a match on each map: Large PvP reward box.

In Conclusion...
    Of these, I’m pretty sure that only #1 is at all difficult to implement. I know that PvP could use a major overhaul, but I’m trying to stick to suggestions that are easy to put into the game. I realize that PvP is not as profitable as PvE, but making it more accessible and adding incentives would certainly increase the profit margin. The imbalance between PvE and PvP in terms of the time needed to gain meaningful rewards is way out of balance, and I think these ideas could go a long way towards evening out that ratio.
    • Like x 4
  2. TankIsLoveTankisLife Level 30

Assuming PvP was worth playing, then yeah i like these and imo think they are great suggestions. But unfortunately PvP right now is a joke and just not fun whatsoever unless your using some overpowered cookie-cutter build. Things feel very one sided in PvP

And PvP Legends.... mygod, its just a great way to test your patience, see how long you can hold out before you get fed up and rage quit.
  3. Roguester Well-Known Player

They have removed every action based aspect of the game,it became like world of warcraft now,all u have to do is lock a target and spam it to death via rotation.
    This is why everyone hardcore left,its all stat spam now,go atomic tank with best gear and mods max sp and u will never loose a match,it is a real shame, DCUO mechanics were unique and every hardcore player expected it to become esport at one point,even if only legends but still the mechanic itself was esports worthy.
    Now DCUO PVP is Trash,even if they gave me max sp,gear,top mods and a power respec token,i wouldnt bother,let alone grind for it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Racchus New Player

Totally agreed with this post, but when it comes to balancing PvP or working on the mechanics of the game, it seems to be a guessing game for their staff.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You must be talking about PVP before revamp because what we have now is not nearly as bad. A good controller can mop the floor with an Atomic tank.
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Good points
    They do need to do more for PVP players loot wise.

PVP players need stuff / loot too. :)
  7. Roguester Well-Known Player

Good at what? doing a rotation? using some unbalanced shield spam and what not? thats what u pvpers call mopping the floor with?
    Before WM,even before rage,thats where the skill was,games were won with counters and mind games,not rotations and roles.
    Back then it really didnt matter what role u played,only the player`s skill mattered.
    Now its all about that spam and SP!
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

9. Roguester Well-Known Player

do you want me to link you to me as tank beating healer roles in under 2 minutes?
    Have u pvped when they introduced immunity?
    I pvped since the game launched.
    The one shot era was little before WM was added,what the hell are you even talking about?
    And if pvp is better then it use to be and more skill based as u say,where are the champions?,where are the tournaments,youtube videos,banters,WHERE IS YOU PRO PVP COMMUNITY?
    I logged after almost a year to see a guy in the watch tower with pve gear using water healer,talking trash to everyone on pvp chat that he is unbeatable and all u see him do is spam powers,not a single counter,all matches i saw him win were with power spam and dont even think thats the only case ive seen.
    In 2014 they would ask me non stop what is your loadout,i always told them it dosnt matter,its all about your playstyle and skill,we would go iconic loadouts jsut for the lols and win,try that now,go dps with an iconic loadout only vs a water healer or atomic tank.
  10. Roguester Well-Known Player

like really did u just start pvp?
  11. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

The unifying gear thing, best idea ever. Even the free armory you have to store the gear somewhere. With all the new r&d stuff invetory and bank space is scarce. Number one thing they should do is fix all the imbalnce people are talking about. I havent really tried pvp since ive been back so im not sure exactly what is imbalanced. I only know when i ask people if they still pvp they laugh and say its broken.
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I don't hate the idea, but I can't support it either. PvP rewards should NOT be given out, just because. The gear thing I don't hate either, but by doing this. Your removing a need to grind out anything in PvP.

Until we have a total revamp of PvP, nothing should be done. The only thing I would like to see is a new set of gear, 102, and to raise the PvP gear that you need to start with to either 99 or 100. I agree that the grind for gear is very long, but it always has been. The very first set of tier gear was crazy expensive. Add that to the bad que times us heros received, and it started to push players away. Then they revamped it. PvP blew up. At its hay day, PvP was what a majority of us did. Get the raids and dailies done ASAP. Then back to kicking azz.

People can still do this now. Obviously the PvP meta is horrible right now, so most that take this serious are taking a break or have quit all together.

Until a major revamp happens, nothing else should be done.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This isnt true either. Before WM, and after, I mainly played as a sorc battle healer. Before WM, only other sorc healers could kill me or other sorc healers that knew their ****. Transforming players into dogs was great and annoying. Tanks couldn't touch me. Trolls, lol, well a skilled troll or in fours sure. Not the majority though. Most dps, except those that used the electric cheese back then, also had issues.

So yes, roles did matter in pvp.

Unfortunately, the majority of ******** players were able to convince the devs that movement mode debuffs needed to be in the game. Instead of playing your role, players wanted it to be easier. The devs listened, and that was the start of our PvP downfall.

Get your history right before going off on people. :)
  14. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

1. Give everyone the PVP FEATS
    2. Disband PVP

See I Fixed PVP in 2 steps.
    • Like x 1
  15. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Thumbs down. :p
  16. Roguester Well-Known Player

lol,what i said and what you replied to,just lol
  17. Skandov Well-Known Player

Leaderboads has to happen, after pvp has been fixed. A rating system just like arenas in WoW. It would ******* amazing!