Merge The EU & US Servers Together

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by silversuitcase, May 27, 2018.

1. silversuitcase Active Player

I think it would be a good idea to merge both servers together because there are less and less players playing on the EU side. I know they would have to change the shutdown time and give name tokens. But I think it would be good. What do you guys think?
    • Like x 2
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think the low population is a smokecreen and you really just want the name purge...
    I'm not against server merges but I remember the PS/PC merge was a nightmare, riddled with bugs and game crashes. Not really looking forward to that.
    • Like x 5
  3. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Its the obvious answer, but they simply can't do it. There are too many barriers in place
    • Like x 2
  4. silversuitcase Active Player

Umm? There's no smokescreen. I don't even want a name purge.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

K ;)
    • Like x 2
  6. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

7. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Or as Howard puts it...

8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They were thinking about it, but they would have to buy a DC adapter and your graphics are in PAL format.
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

LUL.

No the PAL/NTSC hasn't been an issue for decades.

You can make an American account on a PAL region console with absolutely no issue I can guarantee this with 100% because I'm in a PAL region and I've done it.

As for ther PC well it's also not affected by that issue.

The problem with merging EU will come down to technicalities such as language use as they're allowed to use symbols and other languages in their names, another name merge which is massive drama and latency concerns.

It'll only merge when any benefits outweigh the negative concerns related to those points.

And what do you mean DC adapter please tell me you're not referring to a power adapter lol :D
    • Like x 2
  10. Will-o' the Wisp New Player

I feel like they will announce closure of this game soon.
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  12. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Let's see how many people fall for that. :p
    • Like x 1
  13. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

DCUO dying - confirmed. ;)
  14. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

If they really do this, then there should be a procedural way of doing it. Since memberships are non refundable, they should make a long term announcement of the close of the game, but start it with the ending of membership purchases. For example:....

Date September 1st 2018

Daybreak Games regrets to inform our customers and community that the DC Universe will be shutting down in due time. We announce that the game will be shutting down effectively January 1st, 2020. We also announce that we will no longer be allowing the purchase of memberships as of January 1st 2019. Up to midnight December 31st, 2018 players will be able to purchase any membership package, including the annual yearly package at a reduced rate which will expire on December 31st 2019 in time for the shut down of the game servers. This will give all players one last year to enjoy quality DC content that we have provided for many years. We apologize for any inconvenience or sadness this may cause. We would also like to take this moment to thank all of our members, current and previous, for supporting us for this many years. But sadly, as they tend to do, all good things must come to an end.

PLEASE NOTE that this is not an actual announcement. Do not be confused by this, for its not meant to cause confusion, or is it an act of joking around. Its a way that I would word it, if I were on the development team SHOULD they decide to eventually end the game.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

People have been saying that for the past 8 years, guess what?
    • Like x 3
  16. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

17. krytine Loyal Player

If they do decide to shut down the game daybreak will not give much disclosure and would run with all cash that they could out of the country and give it to their Russian constitutes in renova group. As you had said memberships are none refundable and they have multiple ties to European companies as they continue to attempt to change their history of ownership that was filed in California naming the owners of dbg
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I would suspect that the different currencies involved would have more of an impact on their decision.
  19. SasquaT Dedicated Player

The only merge that might help is some bilionare whith developers .
    There are few things why new people dont wana play DCUO and main is what ? i can use only 1500 currency what a BS :)
    Old players are tired of w8ing at PVP fixes or simply get bored ( i know there a many other things)
    Merge server its a temporary solulotion and in long term its not gona help .
  20. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

From the sounds of what you said, they have no definition of "buyer's remorse." Its not in their vocabulary.
    • Like x 1