About those crazy high broker costs for collections...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Quark, May 11, 2018.

1. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Well as others said, the economy would shift towards trade chat, which could also increase the risk of being scammed as well.

Another reason is that a broker fee is literally only that: a fee. It's super obvious your aim is to punish. We get it, we all want op items as soon as the dlc drops. It sucks but some things are always going to be rare and expensive.

You're not actually supposed to be able to afford everything. Unfortunately the devs made it this way with drop rates. Op gear and collections arent a guarantee, its something for the more elitist players to strive for. Its supposed to take work and sacrifice in theory, but sadly anyone can go on egpal which throws a wrench in the plans.

It's just a part of a live, real time economy. There are real People involved and real money so its something that always happens
    • Like x 1
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Gold Five, You're way off target. xD
    What are you smoking?
    I said nothing about penalties or regulating prices.

I said there needs to be more competition which in turn would naturally bring broker prices down.

The NCAA is a bad example and an outdated good ole boy system. We all know the NCAA is as corrupt as a lot of the gubment politicians.
  3. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Adding higher fees to put something onto the broker is a bad idea because that cost would just get passed on to the consumers.

Your idea would make prices go even higher.
    • Like x 2
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

can you think of any amateur or pro sport body that isnt rotten to the core...the olympics ...the world cup...pro teams and how the "owners" use their players...yachting even...and if it isnt creepy Fers stealing in front of you on world stages while people film and photo...its even creepier Fers behind the scenes touching all the young vulnerable athletes in evil ways...evil and unforgivable Fing ways...
  5. David Ivanenko Committed Player

In my many years of playing and running content on at least 3 characters constantly, I never have more than $10 millions on any of my characters, since I have terrible luck when it comes to drops.
    It's quite simplistic saying that you need to sell the most "desired" items and collection pieces to make money, when you can't even get them to drop.
    I remember being able to complete all collections before, now I don't even try. I think it started around the time Prison Break was released, because checking my collections list, that's where I started missing pieces.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The people posting at those ridiculous prices eat those fees for breakfast. This will deter nothing, and only punish a few lucky individuals who could have financed a different collection with a lucky drop from another.
    • Like x 4
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You don't fix one problem by creating a whole other set of problems.
    • Like x 6
  8. Mazahs Loyal Player

Here ia what you said
    "This is why there are regulatory laws against monopolies in RL."

So yes in fact you did state regulating. As for the NCAA ...well strike 2 since it has lost at least 3 anti- trust rulings in last 3 yrs in Federal Court.

What you meant to say was.. You know what, I should have paid more attention in Govt classes and really should refrain from making silly posts about things I truly don't understand.

Thanks Mazahs, glad you had my back.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

I'm in the "300+" group.. I got lucky with a collection or two but then started selling more, instead of hoarding..
    • Like x 1
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly the biggest problem with the broker is that there's nothing going for millions anymore not even exobits/bytes, and a select few things still up there in the millions-billions. our economy in game just isn't healthy enough for the type of system the game developers have implemented, i can't even sell class A's. coulrophobias, or victor zsasz's shirts since nobody will buy them for more than a mil. even the new augments system has taken away another source of cash. i spent 2 months farming for rare open world collections which used to sell for 2 mil or more and that only have 2 at a time on broker, and then i actually LOSE money posting them cause after a day or two nobody buys them.
  11. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

What's described is a progressive tax. Basically U.S. federal tax brackets work this way. In 2017-2018, the highest cap is also at 39.x% So this system is in place in real life.

In game, it can shift more folks to TRADE chat (and perhaps also add traffic to the metropolis exchange sub-forum). TRADE; is not a perfect substitute since both buyers and sellers have to be online.

...But if the devs really wanted to; in TRADE; they could also add a trade fee akin to broker fee when trade involves money for item. If barter system, item for item; then not affected.

Income earners naturally don't like taxes/fees, but this system can make a dent on some of the ridiculous price listings.

In real life, taxes collected is later spent to provide a common good, whch benefits the people. Here, broker fee goes into a blackhole. Still... there's a couple jobs that it does:
    1. helps curb inflation AND
    2. supposed to guide folks (% fee) so people don't just list any high prices willy nilly. For 'honest' folks who may get a rare item and feels it's unfair; remember opportunity to get that is rare to begin with, so the chances to 'suffer' is less. May discourage folks to farm less since the lottery price (resell value) is lower.

There's pros and cons; it's not all negative.
  12. nawanda Loyal Player

40% broker fee is an offensive proposition. Imagine listing something that doesn’t sell and paying it twice. Ridiculous. No.
  13. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Regarding the 40%, that's only at the highest bracket. Brackets will prbly vary by server. In US ps/PC, could be something like; an item over 500 mil or a billion.
  14. nawanda Loyal Player

If you have an item that might potentially sell for 500 mil, say, an original Plasmic or Smoke aura, do you imagine you would pay a 200 million listing fee, or use trade chat?

I’m sorry but 40% as a fee for listing an item for sale is not realistic whether we are talking about virtual items in a game, a t-shirt, a horse, a house, anything.
    • Like x 1
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

40% is too high in my opinion...I also don’t like brackets, percentage-based scales by itself without the gaps that brackets would have.

Also, if people want to use trade chat, let them. The convenience of the broker (i.e. the market) is what costs the deposit fee.
  16. Miss Adora Loyal Player

honestly only way to readjust and fix the broker is easy but the devs won't do it. IS fix the rng on the collection drops.
    • Like x 1
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

You don't need luck to buy highly desired seasonal items from vendors.
    You make it sound as if all the people, coming here to write that money making is quite easy in this game, are super lucky all the time and that they are probably dropping rare items left and right. That is simply not true.

To me, making money here is always a choice a player makes or doesn't make.
  18. David Ivanenko Committed Player

OK.
  19. Ekart Committed Player

That's why i only have 10 mil. Not because nothing drops, but because i made a choice of buying stuff on broker. o_O Since the TT DLC droped i haven't seen any collections drop in Hive Reborn, Duo, or Alert. Zeeeeeeerooooooo.

The same is with some TC collections, or previous DLC collection drops. So yeah, I made the choice that stuff doesn't drop even if i replay some content.
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Last month i have sold "The Flash Biography" for 180,000,000.