Rage Tank - Dom to Health Combo

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by TheTimeShadow, Apr 30, 2018.

1. TheTimeShadow Level 30

Does anyone know the exact amount of Combo Meter needed to reach 100% of Dominance added to Health?
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

50x

is the short answer :D On the way there you get slight increases based on your dom. 50x is the maximum of 100% dom added to heath
  3. TankIsLoveTankisLife Level 30

As Schimaera said,
    Although you are wasting your time with it. I'm quoting myself from another thread . . .

So basically, you'll do better putting all your SP into health. Sadly using rages mechanic (Dom + hit count = bonus health) is not even worth the work.

Right now, the BEST way to rage tank is turtle tank, Spec fully into health and rotate sheilds + blocking. Im running through content 100000% easier, although boring, but easier. Playing active and trying to play rage with the intended mechanic is absolutely not worth the work, such a small health bonus that gets burned by adds within a few seconds, so you spend the rest of your time maintaining your hit counter with NO bonus hp technically.
  4. Rokyn Dedicated Player

That's not how I was playing Rage last month when I was that power. For Elite content, I was very active and I did the Rage mechanic very well. My only issues arose during the 4 second gap between Rage mode and Severe Punishment cooldown. Not sure what is going wrong on your end when you try to play active.

Rage is best played active for most of the time except during the 4 second gap where sometimes you have to block & counter.
  5. TankIsLoveTankisLife Level 30

sigh, i guess you cant read huh?

I never ONCE said you cant tank with him, IF ANYTHING i can run content WITHOUT Severe Punishment and WITHOUT using rage cancelling. You don't even need to play rage tank properly to pass content, as long as you know the content you are running and have somewhat a decent loadout, you can get pass it with mix-matching different play styles and not even have to worry about rage's core mechanics whatsoever.

To simplify what i was saying earlier... Imagine you spent your skill points as such.

Full SP into Dominance
    (50x hit counter = 5,000 bonus health / AFTER reaching 50x)
    Active Tanking

OR

Full SP into Health
    (20,000 Perm Health / All the time.)
    Turtle Tanking

Mind you numbers are not accurate..its just an example. The bonus health from the hit counter (based on dominance) is not worth it, because the adds take it all down in a few hits. Its better to just get all health mods and spec into health as it will benefit you greater.

Numbers don't lie, go test it out yourself. You'll quickly realize spec-ing into dominance is useless as the work your doing to play active and get your hit counter up provides no real difference in health... so the work to play active has NO benefit other than play style preference.

If you could count, then mathematically you'll see why turtle tanking from a numbers stand point is superior at the moment. But i guess we've established you cant read, nor can you count. No point in playing active if you'll benefit more from spec-ing full health and turtle tanking it, not only will you have MORE health but you wont have to open yourself up to more vulnerable one shots etc... and its extremely easy to play and very noob friendly way of playing.

In conclusion, UNTIL rage tanks health bonus from (Dom + hit counter) gets increased, the bonus health reward isn't worth the work, after a few add hits that small tiny health bonus gets burned off and you are there playing active and maintaining a hit counter above 50+ for health you lost LONG ago and stopped benefiting you before you even hit the max bonus health at 50x hits.
  6. spack2k Steadfast Player

There is no 4 sec gap anylonger, ur def buff is up all the time so u can tank active 24/7 with the obligatory block @ skullattacks, thats what i am doing i am not even using shields on my loadout north worth the animation dovetail is just to annoying.
  7. Rokyn Dedicated Player

My apologies, I was referring to the 4 second gap for "Rage Mode". When you're recieving 75% healing back based on the damage inflicted on you for 10 seconds.
  8. Rokyn Dedicated Player

That's a pretty bold statement to say over the internet to someone you don't know. I would be careful if I were you with your choice of words in the near future.

Fair enough, I understand your point with full health spec and turtling, ironically you can play a lot of the tanks powers this way with shield rotation. Yes, you're right you can play a very successful play style with that method of tanking. But nevertheless, I still stand by my point that Rage Active Tanking is pretty darn good and definitely a viable option (sometimes a superior one depending on the case for harder content).

I don't really have to prove this information since somebody smarter than me already wrote something up, my advise would be to read the Rage portion of this thread:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...k-vs-tank-revamp-edition.292791/#post-4063144
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...k-vs-tank-revamp-edition.292791/#post-4063151