Helping the person who needs help when they dont want the help

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by |The 3rror, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SBennett212 New Player

I understand the people that are saying in the thread that you should not give advice unless asked for it and I tend to mind my own business but lately, I have been in PUG groups where the troll has done absolutely nothing. I am not hating on trolls because I have several toons and have played all the support roles and love being a Controller, which is why I think it is so frustrating. Trolling NOW is so much more easy. I mean you use ANY of your super powers and you instantly get PoT. Simple! You should now have every single debuff available:Healing debuff, Defense debuff, and Attack debuff plus the Group Power Heal. I have been in instances where I and the rest of the team have been without power and the boss or adds are not debuffed and the Trolls power is completely full...I have to say"Troll, what are you doing?" Then maybe they start using the healing debuff on the boss or adds when THAT boss or add does not even self heal...so as much as I try to keep to myself sometimes...you just have to say something...
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

You said he got one-shotted. That's not the same as rage crashing.
    • Like x 1
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So you're saying he was using outrage constantly, but couldn't keep aggro? On the boss? Do you even know how aggro works in this game?

And you say he was using outrage constantly, but also rage crashed magically, even though outrage is also a crash canceler?
    • Like x 3
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, definitely. Like I said, I wasn't there, and some situations definitely deserve a, "you know how to troll, right?" But the issue in this thread is the irony of the OP's attitude. I would also love to know what the specific "words trying to help" were actually, because I'm pretty sure they would shed some light on things.
    • Like x 3
  5. |The 3rror Committed Player

imma need you to read the thread from begin to end and if blood explode out yo body and u instantly die on a boss thats a lower cr not rage crash then what is dont forget im also tanking with him i didn’t get 1shot read the post from earlier he even died before the fight got a chance to start another time he attacked the boss but the didnt stay on him cause he was taunt him next thing i know me the other (rage tank) getting hit by boss and adds wondering why i got him and why he not on the other tank i solo the boss and adds without a death but it was no point me staying up cause i know for sure grundy wasn’t gonna let me live already handling boss and *** in ultimate soldier “elite” with 1 portal closed cause we going for 3 part of the elite victory feat so please enlighten me on what was the issue we both was rage tanks i was able to handle the adds or the boss and even both at the same time why couldn’t he?
  6. |The 3rror Committed Player

also im not saying outrage is a bad thing but why have 2 crash canceler tho? and you do know if you do canceler too early/late you will rage crash right? if he using outrage then why is he dying? why e just using rage shield and severe punishment? i a real tank woukd keep aggro not act like a dps and let the adds/boss attack the group
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Were you using single target taunts? Was he? Otherwise why would you be surprised if all of a sudden you have aggro? Do you know how tanking powers work in this game?

Did he have a shield on his loadout? Did you? Was he standing on top of a bomb? Were you? There are tons of reasons you can get one-shotted in USe.

Your graphic description is entertaining, but has no bearing on what a rage crash looks like. Both one-shots and rage crash involve sudden drops in health, but no visual animations like blood being ejected out of your body, lol. Also, it's incredible that you were so close to him that you could see all this. Did you record a video to watch later or something? Maybe you'd care to post it, that way we can all point out what was going on.

The CR of an Elite boss isn't a very good reason to say that one-shots don't happen. Have you run ZOOe?
    • Like x 2
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He does have a slight point, you can't spam outrage and always cancel your crash because of it's cooldown. You would need something else to rotate it with like revenge. If he was just using outrage right off cooldown with nothing in between then yeah I'd expect a lot of crashes
    • Like x 1
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I doubt it was Outrage causing his death. You can't spam it in tank stance. Because, you know, battle tanking is only possible on other tanks. #amirite

Seriously, why didn't they lower the cooldown to DPS level? I even asked back on revamp testing. :(

@OP You are part of the problem with how you responded. And him getting a mysterious loading screen w/o you being able to vote means he left. So... Did you actually help?
    • Like x 2
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

What loadout do you use?

Why wouldn't a rage tank attack? Or are you one of those block button rage tanks? You know how rage tanking works right? With the whole enraged defense thing and all?
  11. |The 3rror Committed Player

againt when 2nd tank here! on adds me just using without mercy and rage aoe pull cause you know “im the tank and there’s mutiple adds” when he kept dying on boss which he “alone” tanking lil sweet me runs over to attack the boss so cant kill group cause u know tank is out he died 2 times alrdy in “ultimate soldier” (Elite) and thats strange u mention 1shots when i didnt get 1shot in the raid best believe i pay attention to my surroundings watch what everyone is doing and myself with ease and yes i done zooe 1shot? maybe people not knowing how to block even when you call it out people still dont listen but ok! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.