End Game players = End of the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SteelMachineZero, Apr 10, 2018.

1. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Why why why
    Seriously I have been trying like hell to help new players with deluge content So today I'm in the new alert with three other 230 players and the healer is Sorcery and first boss we all wipe. why this new player is in half healer gear half DPS gear with no mods. and his powers he is using as a full-time sorcery healer are Heat Vision. Sonic Cry, freeze breath, word of power, watcher and Shard of Life. So one of my alts is Sorcery healer and I offer to help him with a loadout and some specking advice. Wavedox someone and they have 77 skill point and never have armories. so whatever role they have loaded is what you have to work with, To the point its Impossible to get a decent group by pug for things that shouldn't be an issue. You have any idea how many duos I have run with troller that stays in troller role and I still don't get power, so now I ask you have DPS gear if they say no, I bail. Please for the sake of the game stop power leveling these noobs they are killing your game, thousands of endgame players with no clue on how to play at all
    • Like x 9
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

why does one say first boss if the new alert has only 1 boss the end boss ... Why why why
    • Like x 9
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Its not new In fact I can remember instances all the way to T2 where you had these folks. This is why I refuse to PUG.
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ran the Duo on a sub 218 alt with a Sorc toon who was in healer role.....He did not use circle of protection, had fury out and mainly used weapon attacks....Checked the scoreboard and there were 4 names on the list....for a duo. I made it 5 by walking out after we got killed by the stairway adds right after Lightkeeper Janus. Could I have solo'd it by pulling a few adds at a time, judiciously using sodas, Supply drop, etc at the right times? Sure, but why? So this guy can get MORE free gear and move up a tick higher towards end game? No thanks. For all I know he sat in there till reset, which is fine with me.

What is wrong with people?

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, c'mon live a little. I've had to PUG the majority of my time playing thus game. You just have to be willing to carry people. My first very successful league was actually named PUG Group.
    • Like x 1
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Sounds like he did on purpose to me, not sure tho
  7. Mazahs Loyal Player

Nope nope nope...
    Yesterday had to almost solo 2 alerts on my Atomic toon. And I even knew 2 of the other players.
    Pugs and me do not mix
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Maybe he didn't realize he was in healer stance?

Doesn't beat my Olympus catalyst run last night where the CR 175 troll was attempting to melee Athena and Hecate with a Kryptonian bouncy ball and someone asking to do all of the feats right as we're entering the first boss fight and not telling us what part(s) he needed of what feat. Overall I would have no problem doing this... even with a random queue-in... except that when the group is 5x1, you can't do certain parts of feats easily.
    • Like x 1
  9. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Honestly I don't really mind new players who don't play their role correctly in a duo. I figure, let them experiment a little. Of course, I also let them die if they play stupidly.

My personal peeve in duos actually come from more accomplished scoreboard chasers who like to use me as bait.

They sit there, not moving, not attacking, for 10 seconds or more. So I say, "whatever," and attack. The moment I have aggro, then the other player goes to town, blasting them with everything possible just so they can be up like 1 mil on the scoreboard while I have to die and repair lots. And when I die, they're only too happy to wait, lol, so I can be bait with the next group of adds. Man up people! Aggro your own adds! Put a stupid shield on your layout and be your own tank!

Rant over.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Dude, bouncy balls are OP. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol. That's why I'm atomic. So I can finish what they can't. I hear ya though. It can be rough.
  12. VioletSorceress Committed Player

One of the problems between leveling from 1 to 30 and later group content is that players need to be 100% self sufficient leveling and often try to use a mix of non sense. Then they go in tier 1 and other group content and they have to re- learn the whole gameplay from scratch and all the experience going from lv1 to 30 have thought them the wrong lessons.
    • Like x 5
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Make some mass shadow concoction and use it on baiters.... *evilgrin*
    • Like x 1
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Not saying you're a liar, but I'm finding it hard to believe someone with 230+ cr has 4 iconic powers on their healing loadout. attempting to heal end game content.

I'm more inclined to believe they were intentionally trolling
    • Like x 3
  15. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Help those who are open to being helped, the others have a nice seaside view in the Ignore List waiting for them.
    • Like x 1
  16. muellersascha Well-Known Player

Ran the new alert yesterday with 3 233 dps and 1 , lets just say, 236+ healer. We wiped on the boss 4 times with the healer dying first each time while having more than half of his power bar. Doesn't make sense.
  17. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Lol, at this point I'm not surprised by anything I see in this game. I've seen quite a few folks running around at 230+CR (even 240) doing things that most of us would consider absolutely ridiculous, especially when it comes to support roles. It would seem that there are a lot of folks that think playing their support role is as simple as changing stances and carrying on with their DPS rotation.

It is sad that am so pleasantly surprised beyond words when I come across an end-game Healer/Troller that isn't out-performed by a six pack of sodas, or a Tank that actually tanks stuff instead of standing off in a corner by themself DPS'ing 1 add while the rest swarm on the group.

I can't say exactly what the case was in the OP's example, but I can say that it wouldn't surprise me in the least :)
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I simply rue the day where Black Canary's scream move became halfway acceptable dps. It's literally the most annoying power sound in the entire game, closely followed by nature's plants munching on people.
    • Like x 2
  19. AquiloFury Committed Player

I have two tanks that i use..one ice tank on hero side and an atomic tank on villain side...i grab as many adds as i can handlevlol. If they try to escape.. I pull em back. It's kind of a point of pride for me to see how many adds I can handle at once(that sounds terrible lol). I don't like to see adds beating on anyone but me lol. Wish I could keep the boss's aggro as well as I can with the adds lol
    • Like x 2
  20. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Lol, ikr! Most times I can behave myself and grab enemies one group at a time. However there's just something so satisfying about grabbing as many adds as you can and putting them in one pretty little pile. Sometimes I giggle on my Rage tank while pulling the whole map into a pile and bouncing them up and down with Without Mercy, and yanking any runners back with Ragebringer...
    Ah, good times :)
    • Like x 1