I’m confused on this “Elite” content...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Mar 30, 2018.

1. stärnbock Devoted Player

i like ttbE as it is now and i think it is on a level were you need to know what to do without it being unfair...
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

People wonder why there are threads and posts about lacking difficulty, some posts in this thread alone answers that question when Elite can't be Elite because some people just wants to "play and have fun". Here I thought normal content was supposed to have that covered?

If anyone dare to question the difficulty of normal we are pointed to Elite content, but even Elite has to be brought down aswell because "we want to play and have fun"... Some people just want ALL the content catered to them when it fits them, it seems.
    • Like x 5
  3. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

I understand what your saying Think Am gave you guys the difficulty you seeked and now that is gone u wish to bring elite Roth's level
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Just for the record, I’m not with these people :D
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

There's a first for everything, I suppose.. :p
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

sm edit and that auto correct killing me
    • Like x 1
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

Am's gave us the difficulty we asked for lol... Yeah I thought something was a little iffy with that post :D
  8. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Clearing the elite raid is the easier part, always was BUT there's groups who finished all feats in Elite on day 1 already too!

Not that these feats where any special but still its a sad testimony of elite difficulty progression and a new bottom has been hit.

Elite plays like old school normal raids and normal raids like some event thing and event raids ... idk how they play (not played yet but will try for lulz on weekend for sure) and honestly I can barely imagine how much lower you can get a difficulty as the already normal versions are.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

Can anyone tell me why they decided to stop doing SM. Asking for some leaguemates.
  10. not_again Dedicated Player

A very small population of players played SM according to the devs. So small they decided to move away from them and in a different direction with toning elite raids.
    • Like x 2
  11. unitedmeck Well-Known Player

That's the population that's unsatisfied with the difficulty of elite current state so to continue down this path elite will be the next sm
    • Like x 1
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

i agree: not sure how to change elite without making it impossible to get through, just that i think the elite version is how normal should be (minus the rally restriction), the event version is as easy and it is possible to get through with a full group of lvl 10 dps without the need of any support role... i think it is ok, because you can randomly Q for it, yet seriously: you can't die in there! no need to block even once though the hwole thing... about the feats: i guess it would help, if there would be a feat for beating the elite raids without a playstyle stat activated. meaning: you would of course not have any criticals or all the other stats too you normally have, except weapon combos, movement and iconic powers... THAT would be realy hard to pull through, especially when the whole group has to play like this ^^ also: it would make the chances even for everyone to go for it, no matter how much SP they have... but that's just my idea of fun ^^ making feats hard by restricting players is not what they actually like, i suppose...
  13. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Nope a small population spent money on replay badges to reset Survival Mode so that's why they moved away from it .
    • Like x 1
  14. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

As long as top gear is accessible only via elite raids, expect them to be completable on day one. Daybreak knows where their bread is buttered (replay badges).

Also, it's always interesting when people spam elite to finish renown and feats then take to the forums to complain it's too easy. It's almost like they want to rush through the door and shut it behind them *thinking emoji*
    • Like x 2
  15. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Probably pretty true, actually. It's basically like, imagine if it only took you two or three weeks to get all your gear (without resetting) from a DLC. Would there really be much point in continuing to run stuff?

The elite people in these threads are saying, "yes! we'd definitely keep running it even if we already have all the rewards, just for the fun of it!"

And while I respect that, it's not really what I ever saw on LFG (can't speak about leagues however). For most, once they got the new shiny and beat at least level 10, that was it. I think mainly because of the time investment, and the way people get loot locked out of rounds.

If they ever bring SM back, I propose a semi-solution. Remove the need for progress points to get in. What I mean is, as long as one person in the group has a certain level, allow others to join even if they haven't made it that far. Of course, this could be at a max of level 7 or 9 maybe if people are worried about advanced players running leaguemates through final levels just for titles, lol.

In other words, if I beat up to level 5, and had to go to work, but my league made it to the level 9 checkpoint. We could still queue together for level 9 the next night without having to start over at 5 just for one person in the group. I would be loot-locked for rounds 1,2,3, and 4, and for whatever I pass later.
  16. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yep, I totally agree (in the case of many, but not all). Of course, they're probably the ones looking for ways to glitch instances and avoid having to do mechanics as well. In other words, they're only after the fame, not actually pushing themselves to be truly elite.
    • Like x 1
  17. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Lol... I guess dude.

I was only asking why this new raid can be beaten, yet old raids can’t. Not sure where the scream came from. If your that anxious to troll then do it elsewhere.
  18. MrSuperman Dedicated Player

Oh and if anyone needs parts of elite victory, hit me up. I’m looking for a patient group. One that doesn’t bail first wipe.
  19. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

The problem right now is that there is people who want the new raid to be more difficult but at the same time replayed it so much that they have the vendor nearly or fully done. That's where people sending mixed signals to the devs.

You want it harder but still throw money on said content. Why would they then listen to you when they still get your money and money from people who may not be capable to beat a harder version (and would not get theirs anymore)? From a dev perspective I see zero reasons to listen to someone like that. Think about it.

You want changes to the game? Start with yourself!
    • Like x 2
  20. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

To be fair, a lot of people had marks left over from last year to buy nearly the whole set within the first hour.

You do have a point though with the rest of your post. That's why I only spam replays on double mark weekends. The only time I really went replay heavy blowing thousands was when DWF came out. I'll replay the crap out of a harder raid cause I enjoy them more.