Solve this question: how to fix the villains

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DamianWayneJasonTodd, Mar 7, 2018.

1. DaPhun48 Well-Known Player

A company that won’t even fix the most basic of bugs that have been in the game for years now; along with new ones.

They won’t fix things going wrong with the game in a correct way - yet people truly believe that they’ll read this stuff and say ‘yeah, let’s invest money in the dead server of the game; and let’s invest it on the deadest of dead side of the game. Why do you people honestly bother writing these things? They’ve no interest on this earth of spending any money on anything except new (rehashed) content with new and awesome op items that make your toon super big and strong.

WAKE UP!! As soon as the numbers hit low enough, they’ll shut EU servers, and focus on US. It’s only a matter of time.

Fix the villain side LOL! All 37 of them.
    • Like x 1
  2. Comixfan Committed Player

People have been asking for faction change ever since this game first came out.

I don't recall devs ever saying a single word on the subject.

I played for first 4 or so years on PC (as hero & villain) before I finally stopped. Picked game up again on Xbox a few years ago and decided to roll villain then stopped again after a year.

When I came back recently, I basically had to abandon my villain and start over again on hero because there was hardly anyone playing villain. The few that were still playing villains were only interested in PvP (which doesn't interest my in the slightest as it's the cause of the majority of the toxicity in this game at the moment).

Now if I could have paid a reasonable amount to faction change my villain to hero, I would've done so without question.

As it is, my interest is once again waning in this game as all the devs seem to care about is $$$ and not fixing, updating, and improving on the game.
  3. Comixfan Committed Player

There's no real difference between heroes and villains in DCUO. Never has been.

Villains don't get to do anything truly villainous (except for kicking civilians off buildings!), and thanks to the waning villain population now any new content released is always villains teaming with heroes to oppose the same threat.

Don't get me wrong; I love the fact they even had a villain faction (I've always liked Calculator over Oracle), but the hero side was always going to get the majority of players.
  4. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

There is a big difference you aren't seeing. I much prefer the company that's kept on the villain side. The player base.

Also I would hate if we all got stuck with Oracle. She's just not funny.
  5. Comixfan Committed Player

Really?

Because whenever I'm on my villain on Xbox the only "company" (apart from my friends when they're on) is a bunch of toxic PVPers being abusive to each other.

Yeah, as I said, I've always liked Calculator more than Oracle.

(That said, Oracle does have her moments, just that Calculator has more and more often ;) )
    • Like x 1
  6. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

• 1 free Stabilizer Component per Login to a villain toon
    • 5 Replay Badges per Instance played with a villain.
    Boom.
    You're welcome.
    • Like x 1
  7. CarlynnCarnage 10000 Post Club

I have no idea what it's like on Xbox. I've been PS forever.

Calculator forever!!! <3
  8. Hydraze Active Player

While I'm sure that would raise villain population, and while I agree that villains should have it easier in some way simply because villains take the easy way out; this isn't the way to do it.

idk if you're being sarcastic or not though.
    • Like x 1
  9. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

My only concern is, while a good way to increase Villain population, it would also increase complaining and rudeness from heroes. And which is more important? Helping out the villains that deserve more given how bad it is for them, or trying futilely to keep the rudeness from heroes getting worse. Lol
  10. Comixfan Committed Player

Toxicity in this game in general is out of control, especially on console, and Daybreak are doing nothing about it.
    • Like x 1
  11. stärnbock Devoted Player

ppl would do EVERYTHING for feats...
    including tossing theyr moral standards
    and playing on both sides of the tracks.
    villain side would highly likely explode,
    looking at how sensible the feat task is.
  12. SigmaAtom Committed Player

TL : DR @ whole thread

We're at the end of a content cycle.. so of course, it's going to be slim pickings.
    Any end-game players have used up the content and are logging in less regularly.
    Only reason I have stuff to do is because i have so many alts and was catching up after 5 months absence.

Vil side EU has always had its population problems.. but yknow what? it's better now than it was 3 years ago, just vil players don't realize/know this. 2 months ago I was in and it was DEAD*.. 2 to 4 weeks ago idr, I was in and HoD was jam packed*.. THEN on hero side we had a load of ex-vils join our league on hero side saying it was dead.. idk what to say.

*EU Primetime 4pm/5pm to 10pm/11pm. GMT/CET
    *3PM GMT
  13. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

coming up with a way for both factions to work with each other is going to be one of the games saving graces.
  14. stärnbock Devoted Player

recently, i was doing older feats in DLC's from long time ago. sure, there is stuff like "polute gotham citys river 50 times", or "defeat every hero on the list at least once" with RNG deciding your boss. at first i struggled with old stuff like that, until i joined a league. while doing so and with actively hunting for feats, i made some new friends... well, for harder stuff, you just need the help from league comrades, but villains are actually nice ppl if you get to know them! trust me, i was totally surpriced how helpfull and friendly they behave. sometimes, you need to ask in lfg for someone to get a group together, helping for Q ins. and the folks you ask in the hall of doom allmost allways help you, speaking with them. if they would make it possible to get feats on both sides, it would be a lot easier to get into those though... ^^
    • Like x 1
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Hmm, okay.

First off, #1 would probably mean longer times in waiting for content releases.

#1 and #2 seem kind of contradictory.

#1, #3 and # 5 from your late addition (the "give villains a month jump on the new content" bit) all could either be viewed as preferential treatment of one faction or simply outright favoritism. We've seen the views of preferential treatment before where someone will say the devs prefer one side or another if some rewards end up looking cooler than what the opposing faction gets, and they're rarely positive.

For that reason alone the devs have gone out of their way to avoid outright favoritism for one faction, so calling for that kind of favoritism just to increase the villain population probably isn't the smartest move.
  16. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

The block list on my console of toxic players is almost as long as gold buyers. Complaining and arguing I understand, but toxicity?
  17. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Make solo, and duo separate and villainy. Make Alerts and raids task force x-ie. the rest, no opinion.

If villains are fixed, my alternate would have a lot of catching up to do. So much that my hero would probably fall behind.
  18. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I definitely concur with this, never really had a bad experience on the villain side (that didn't involve some nob hero at the lantern mission levelling up).

The League thing, I just don't want to take help to level up/get feats & then disappear, which I will do when new content drops as my loyaties lie with my hero League, because they (anyone can pm for details if you're EU, endgame-ish & looking for a League) are pretty awesome & there's a few in there that have helped me a lot.
  19. SuperNerdGeekOverkill Dedicated Player

No, I was cynical.