Booster Bundle? Time Capsule? What’s the difference?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrSuperman, Feb 20, 2018.

1. EconoKnight XIII Legion

I haven’t been too impressed with detectors. Even with steadily killing adds and switching areas (say from E3 to Amusement Mile), I only get about 6 cache drops during the detector use; and those caches only have a small amount of gray and white metal inside. The caches aren’t listed much on broker (probably because detectors aren’t selling); and the caches that are listed just seem to sit there and sit there likely going unsold.

Personally, I think an XP boost type item would net more value (maybe call it an nth metal purifier). From my experience, you get more metal drops naturally; so a boost on those would be attractive. It would be like the double xp event we just had only all year long if you’re willing to buy the purifier.
    • Like x 1
  2. nawanda Loyal Player

Thanks for acknowledging that I’m consistent in my views. From the irrational content and aggressive tone of your posts, emerges a ray of cogency, like sunshine emerging from an arsecrack at dawn.

I’ll buy them if they are a replacement for time capsules for this cycle, as I said. I’ll even post evidence on here of having bought them. Not that I have to justify myself to the likes of you, but consistent people tend to have nothing to hide.
    • Like x 3
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The difference is in a year that BMW and Mustang will still be in style...unlike the aura. ;)
    • Like x 2
  4. Zneeak Devoted Player

It's been pretty obvious from your previous feedback that you've enjoyed the progression-aspect of TC's that BB's doesn't supply, sadly for you the vast majority is against it. No matter how you try and twist things here, Booster Bundles technically gave you your moneys worth and ALWAYS gave you a guaranteed chance at 1 out of X auras out of the aura box. TC's doesn't, they are cheaper in opening price with a hell of a worse RNG table that end up making you spend much, much more money.

And you know, you didn't actually HAVE TO open BB's if you didn't want what's inside. You could skip it and only miss cosmetics, if you skip TC's you are basically skipping part of progression. THAT is the ruling difference that sways into the BB's favor. The one thing they have in common is that they're both cashgrabs, but it's very obvious which one of these cashgrabs is the better one to have around if you compare them.
  5. krytine Loyal Player

I know this is a little off topic but the bombardment trinket where do I find it. And to be a little more clear orbital replacement dropping bombs
  6. Kzinti Committed Player

I think is is a rare drop from the Paradox Time Capsules
  7. Harlequin Devoted Player

$10 "worth" of crap I don't use? What a bargain!
    • Like x 4
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We’ll let the sales numbers speak to that and not the smattering of usual suspects on this forum. Mepps has stated in the past that capsules are the most successful thing they’ve ever done. That would mean more successful than Booster Bundles.

Nobody asked for SP to be put in time capsules (not even me), but I’ll enjoy a system they offer if I like. If it gets to a point where I’m not enjoying it, I won’t buy anymore.

The fact is that most of the Booster Bundle contents will sit in my imventory eating a slot unless I delete it as a total waste - very little there to sell in-game as a way to work toward buying the drop I didn’t get. With capsules, nearly all contents can be sold in-game; and even 50k an item adds up.

I’ll buy some Booster Bundles, but not as many as I did in the past. I’ll save my cash for stabilizers which have a greater return toward the actual enjoyment of the game. Again not something I asked for, just a fact of life. Capsules are not going away.
    • Like x 2
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

Random thoughts as I have my coffee:

I was playing on the xb1 server during the last booster bundle. Thanks to the pristine economy at launch, I was able to acquire every color of glimmering, 2 blue and 2 purple solars and a cosmic mat because I knew how to farm and work the broker.

Here on PC/PS, nothing that you can reliably farm is worth anything. Unless you're already sitting on a couple hundred million or have a stockpile (cough) of rare TC items, good luck acquiring anything from this bundle on the broker.

Compared to capsules, BBs are awesome. Compared to having your face ground off with a cheese grater, root canals are awesome.
    • Like x 4
  10. StealthBlue Loyal Player

There differences have been started pretty clearly so far, but I want to clear up some things. Yes, you pay $10 for a BB, but you get more than $10 worth of marketplace items and also get a random cosmetic (with no feats attached). Assuming you want/use all of those marketplace items, it is less expensive to buy the BB than it is to buy everything separately, plus you get the bonus cosmetic item.

Also, the recent BBs have followed a pattern for the cosmetics. A few common auras (typically variants of the rare aura 2BBs before), 2 less common (typically variants of the rare in the previous BB), and the rare cosmetic (something new, that hasn't been seen before).

However, this BB probably won't follow that pattern since the rare last time was the cosmic material (which can be tinted).
    • Like x 2
  11. BestPlayerAfrica Well-Known Player

the difference is that one is a "money grab" and the other is a "cash grab" ;)
    • Like x 3
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Oh, you mean the usual suspects who roam the forums acting like they actually work for Daybreak? Good thing you know as little about actual sales numbers as I do then. :rolleyes:

The FACT is that you are still technically getting your moneys worth, no matter if you chose to use those items you get. Another FACT is you get more items stuck in your inventory out of TC's than you get with BB's. ;) They also mentioned a change in MP items you get from BB's, what those new items are we will see in the upcoming livestream. Also, if you buy 10x bundles all for the cosmetics, you will always be guaranteed 10x cosmetics randomly from ONE loot table. Compared to TC's loot tables, that's an obviously better setup. And guess what? On top of getting your money's worth right away in marketplace items, you can trade all those cosmetics. And I'll tell you what, I've never seen a BB-aura sell for 50k either.

Greater return toward the actual enjoyment of the game? The vast majority of player feedback beg to differ. :rolleyes: I get it, you enjoy getting paid for progression, that's an opinion you're allowed to have. You should realize by now though that the FACT is that most people are highly against it.

Also, considering the recent events tied to TC's that we shall not speak of, and the issues that the concept of TC's have caused, the market it's destroyed, it's fairly safe to say that BB's are shining in a much brighter light right now and the developers would be making a rather wise decision to trade out TC's for BB's all together. I know, it probably won't happen, but it should.
    • Like x 3
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

I mean, in the perfect world everything would be available in-game paid for by our subs. It just doesn't work like that anymore. In the perfect world of microtransactions, the MP would be the place to put most of these cashgrab items. The MP is the most realistic approach to the two I just mentioned and people are still screaming for more items to be put there.

That's not what we get though, we get cashgrabs. Point is, just like you mentioned, BB's are the clear winner of the two cashgrabs. The "lesser of two evils", if you will. If I have to chose between the two, BB's win any day of the week. If I miss out on BB's, I miss out cosmetic items, it may break one's geeky style-heart but it won't hurt your toon in any other way. If I miss out on TC's, I miss out on actual progression.

That progression has become noticable after as many TC's released as we have had. It takes a special kind of ignorance not to realize that. :rolleyes: Not to mention all other issues that came with TC's. You didn't see a completely broken market thanks to BB's, worst case scenario you would see a several year old aura that someone's been sitting on until their cheeks got sore, pushing for a very high price that not many would be able to afford. That worst case scenario is a fart in space compared to the problems that TC's have caused in regards of our in-game economy.

Before TC's when BB's reigned supreme, you were in a VERY good spot if you had a couple hundred million, those couple of hundred millions are now considered pocket change all thanks to TC's. It's a highly unrealistic concept to keep up with unless you are willing to blow your house loan-money on Stabilizers while performing an offering-ritual to RNGeezus. :p
  14. krytine Loyal Player

I am positive they do not drop from the paradox tc but thank you any way.
    • Like x 1
  15. King Smoker Well-Known Player

bb > tc. back in the day when the booster bundle cost 20$ but gave $17 dollars worth of replays (500) along with a bunch of scanners when bit farming was actually useful that was a great deal. Now it more like meh. 10$ for 5$ worth of replays (150) and a chance at one rare aura that you want that could potentially be worth some in-game cash or be the aura you want. to make it worth the cost to me personally the aura you get has to at least sell for +5mil so you can break even unless you get the aura of choice. booster bundles are a gamble but they are only cosmetic items not tied to feats and come with so replay badges. So the difference here between time capsules and booster bundles is that. one gives you items that are tied to feats while the other gives you replay badges that help you progress and a guaranteed aura. Both give you things to sell for in-game cash. My preference is the booster bundles because they don't have feats attached and are less of an rng gamble since you at least know you are getting an aura while when dealing with time capsules you could just get a bunch of blue emblems in a row or waist style.

TL;DR : BBs are not necessary for improving characters stats. TCs are. With BBs you are guaranteed a random aura and replays. With TCs you don't know what you are getting. If you got the cash open one and you might get something good.
  16. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

If you’re talking about the Allied Forces Handheld Transceiver, it drops from the Time Torn Capsules.
    • Like x 2
  17. EconoKnight XIII Legion

It drops from the Time Torn capsule. It’s called the Allied Forces Handheld Transceiver, and it is tradeable (meaning you can buy it on the in-game broker if listed).
    • Like x 3
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

The Orbital-skin dropping bombs is the Allied Forces Handheld Transceiver and I believe it drops out of the Time-Torn Time Capsules.

EDIT: Just noticed that you got simultaneously BOMBED with the same answer. :D
    • Like x 2
  19. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

It's not in paradox, it should be in time torn, cuz it was around when AoJ when that capsule came out
    • Like x 1
  20. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Lol go us
    • Like x 4