Devs, Why Are You Ignoring The Gold Spammer Problem?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

This is something that I did in Excel a few months back (check my signature to see how it works).
  2. Xibo Loyal Player

In all chats i'm ok with it.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And they responded by coming out with a whole new website and catchphrase shortly after you announced what your plan was... thanks.
    • Like x 1
  4. gameaddict Level 30

I wont mention any names just incase it's against the rules or anything, but there are 2 gold companies with very similar names that spam like crazy on the EU side of things, but then there's also another gold company which posts more moderately. Having read at least a little bit into these companies, the funny thing is the company that posts somewhat moderately actually has a reasonable reputation, were as the 2 companies that spam like crazy are very probably owned by the same people and have a terrible reputation of scamming people the majority of the time.

I might get some looks directed my way for saying this, but in theory i don't even have a issue with companies like the gold farmers as long as they're legit, it's purely the spamming aspect of it that annoys me like crazy, but of course the problem is that the scamming companies are the biggests spammers and they're relentless with creating new characters.

As for the chat suggestions, the only one that actually sounds pretty good to me is the one that AllanPage mentioned, which is giving us a filter, so we can block certain types of messages ourselves. Not only would this be helpful against the gold spammers, but additionally also against the people who like to use certain chats like LFG as their personal soap box without actually having to put them on full ignore, just ignore the conversations you dislike (Watchtower/HoD ''drama'' also comes to mind).
  5. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I've said this before, so I'll say it again...

You have a massive player base that would be more than willing to volunteer to do this for free for DBG. While I certainly wouldn't consider it, I'm sure that there's at least 100 people willing to take on the responsibility of reporting/banning accounts that do this. If any of the volunteers abuse their power, they lose their rights, up to and including a ban themselves.

DBG can leverage a free labor base, if not, they aren't up to modern times. I'n the government world, we call them interns/assistants/monitors.
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That can be used to grief people...and trust me, there are still people in the game who would live for that.
    • Like x 2
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Trying to bury the lead there?o_O;)
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I highly doubt that was because of me. I simply pointed out a way to fix it.
  9. Harlequin Devoted Player

BAHAHAHAHAHA! Who woulda thunk it.
  10. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Really? I bet if DBG heard this, there would be a hundred GMs in the game within 24 hours, with orders to ban all gold spammers. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Not condoning anyone using them etc - I choose not to use them, did it once 3 years ago and wasn't scammed but it felt weird/uneasy - but, I agree re : the maths, if you find a reputable one that uses things like paypal etc then it can work out cheaper.

e.g. if you are after just 1 thing in a TC that is millions on broker - chances are you are better off buying the cash from them.

Personally, I do the boring way - buy some TCs sell the spares (or all of it) then buy what I need when it is cheaper. Once the TC is done, save up for next one via the event.. get tempted sometimes, to open 1 or 2, but that never works lol
  12. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Hopefully that would lead to the griefers getting a Ban. The number 10 would not have to be set in stone. It could be 50.
  13. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Will you be tackling it? It would be fantastic if when you "add to ignore" on one character then it is account bound on all your alt's.

So annoying when I get on to have to add 5 new characters spamming gold advertisments then have to do it again & again on all my alts.
    • Like x 2
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

What may be a quick fix for this that can remove some of the tediousness and repitition is the ability to make ignore lists tied to our accounts... meaning if we ban someone on one of our toons, it carries through to all of them on the same account. It’s not a perfect solution but it will make players’ lives a little easier.

Of course, if you can do that then it would be easy enough to do this on a friends list too. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

I thought this too. There are so many sites online & social media, that don't want fake accounts, & do everything they can to prevent bots from being on their site. But those same bots help bring in revenue cause they pay for the space to advertise. But in the case of Daybreak, I would think that would not be the case. They make more than enough money from memberships & DLC, that having "spam bots" paying for advertising space would be pointless.

I think others have pointed on this. Spam bots are everywhere. They're like Hydra. Cut one head off, two more take its place. Every time you eliminate one, whether by ignore or removing them from the game completely, they'll just keep coming back. The only solution is to have a large strike force, patrolling the different areas of chat, 24/7, eliminating any that appear, and that is next to impossible. It would take a community effort, requiring a new report feature (better than the /report one they have now), to where if you see a spam bot, not only do you place it on ignore, but you report it to the devs for removal. This would be a community effort where it would be up to all the players to do the reporting, to be implemented as your "large strike force."
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Every time someone suggests a "fix" in this forum, they adjust their lingo next day. It's happened on several occasions to the point I don't feel it's coincidence. It would appear they read the forums.
    • Like x 1
  17. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

initiate gold spammer targeting software: Oh, this was exciting with so much altering the game environment... with explosions... and shattered glass... shoot red barrels and destroy walls... pew pew pew! on PS2. It was still one path to go in game to objective.

will they spawn with a new face? [IMG]

Custom channel is a communication tool, that splits a community from potential new users who have default settings of chat and so much of the game depends on grouping players for instances which require a LFG chat and/or LFG menu tool, no? Better option is... initiate KickBot, and compare it's resulting complaints to existing complaints, no? License Kickbot or have a private meeting at a game developers conference and share KickBot for an agreed upon transaction from ones able and willing to share a KickBot? or through normal communication methods to a industry colleague. I always liked LFG menu tools that assisted LFG chat. If you can't KickBot, then LFG menu tool production is possible??

Alt idea... discontinue world chat channels. Require users to be in an instance of a particular room/map (ie: Metropolis, Gotham, WT, HoD, etc) to see LFG locally yet across all megaserver'ness for that room/map. Users then hang out... somewhere special and don't tell the gold spammers where that is. Hang out in new content map for LFG for that content?
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Nope. Most of the best gear there is obtained through drops or if you acquire the skill, making your own which is something they tried here but it didn't take. Also, if you have the skill to make your own gear, you can sell it on the market.
  19. AberrantAngel Committed Player

Daybreak please bring back in-game GM's again. They are one of the tools that you could use to help curb this.
  20. Riddim7 Active Player

There are only 2 possible explanation why they dont doing anything with bots.

One is that bots are made by game devs to have extra cash income and not be blamed for pure form of Pay2Win.
    Second is that game devs are so lazy and dont care about players enough which lead to forcing all players to wasting they time on ignoring bots every day.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.