Kryptonite Aura...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jay Smeezy, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Somebody please make me smart on this one...when you run PANOPTICON, lex luther hits Ultraman with a kryptonite spear! How in da feezy is superman able to stay in there and fight?? I'm asking for a friend!
    • Like x 2
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

He's not able to, that's why he goes down so much in elite- or at least that's the only way I can explain it

I'm trying to figure out why we have to help him with Johnny Quick, he should be able to take him easily by himself!
    • Like x 2
  3. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

What I want to know is, where does lex keep hiding all these spears and chunks of kryptonite.

Aside from lex likely having a compartment within his suit lined with led, Superman (and a few others) has super smell/taste/hearing/etc.

smh, stop dropping the ball Kent c'mon!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. TestReporter Loyal Player

Hmmm... Nevermind, better not think about it...
    • Like x 1
  5. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

RIGHT....lol
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

plot armor...?
  7. Jak-Man Committed Player

He's Superman. Moving on.
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

....i hate superman so that response is not logical! Lol
  9. Tocimus Committed Player

Alternate reality superman isnt affected the same.
  10. Hraesvelg Always Right

He's talking about Superman fighting alongside you while Ultraman is sporting a kryptonite aura.
  11. Tocimus Committed Player

Rule 1 of superman, doesnt matter....we'll just write it out.
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You spelled "Batman" wrong
    • Like x 1
  13. Tocimus Committed Player

Nah. At least batman has an explanation of some sort.
    Superman gets REKD M8! And a few pages later after everybody else did the work, he pops up all "i was just pretending ha ha!"
  14. FoolsFire Devoted Player

A very good tailor.

The same one Steve Rogers uses to hide his shield under his suit coat.
    • Like x 1
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

Dwarf star alloy. He just has a lot of shrinking tech. Keeps them in his pocket.
  16. inferno Loyal Player

First is the distance. If Superman had been the target and had been hit close then it would affect him more severely. Across the room, however, superman may feel its effects but he can still get away from it easily enough.

Second, Ultraman absorbs green kryptonite like a sponge as his power source. That kryptonite aura may look cool but Ultraman would have inhaled and absorbed all that radiation in an instant. Probably quick enough that Superman barely felt any effects at all.

That would be my argument anyway.
    • Like x 4
  17. Dwild50 Well-Known Player

Since Superman is weak in a red sun system but powerful in a Yellow sun system, maybe he's vulnerable to green kryptonite in Normal Earth system but NOT vulnerable to it in Earth 3 system? (Actually, Ultraman in canon IS vulnerable to Kryptonite...just not GREEN Kryptonite...Blue Kryptonite takes Ultraman down.
  18. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I like to think that this spear is the same one Lex had been saving for the apocalyptic battle we see in the opening cinematic.

However, having spoken to Future Luthor, he realized that would be a bad idea in the long run. :)

Pretty sure it's Bizarros that are vulnerable to Blue Kryptonite.

Ultraman's love of snorting Green Kryptonite is a more recent addition to the mythos, but he's always been fueled by Green K radiation, if I recall correctly. His vulnerability is yellow sunlight.
  19. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

And no one mentions in Pan after Lex get set free after Owlman fight? The door shuts, yet you have to find another way around. What's that door made out of? Superman nor Wonder Woman cant bust that door down?
    • Like x 3
  20. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Because its a "visual representation". He doesnt actually get or have an aura. Its to show the audience that now Ultraman is powered up, for those who dont know how Earth 3 Kryptonians work.

Superman also wouldnt be "as" effected by a powered up Ultraman as he would by say, Metallo, as the Green K radiation is basically being sucked into his body, as opposed to Metallo who's just hooked up to a chunk of it still radiating radiation outwards.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1