Why was Final Ruin animation changed?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Comixfan, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Comixfan Committed Player

The animation for Final Ruin used to have the beam coming from your weapon.

This looked absolutely awesome and led me to create a Ghostbuster hero who used rifle. When using Final Ruin it looked almost exactly like firing a proton beam from the movies!

[IMG]

I had an absolute blast playing this character for years from launch until such time as the animation was changed so that the hero casts Final Ruin from their hand, not from their weapon.

This totally killed my character concept! That (amongst other reasons) ultimately led to my stopping playing.

I've recently come back to the game and was dismayed to find that the Final Ruin animation still has the hero casting it with their hand, not their weapon.

I know it's probably fruitless to ask but is there any chance that the animation may be changed back to coming from the weapon instead of the hand?
    • Like x 1
  2. Punkpirate Well-Known Player

agreed weapon power interaction animations need to come back or have a option for players to use it atleast, they removed because ppl complained
    • Like x 2
  3. Comixfan Committed Player

What was there to complain about??

And yes, I'd love for there to be an option to choose whether powers come from your character or your weapon!
  4. Noxious Flora Well-Known Player

I thought they were removed as part of freeing up memory for the ps3, and for balancing purposes.
    • Like x 1
  5. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Point blank AoEs were casted from the weapon too but because of different animation times and balance complaining it was changed so that animation is always the same no matter what. I guess Finisher were changed for the same reason. Sadly, anything weapon related has been removed/nerfed/neglected in game for years.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

No, they were removed to free up memory so that we could have other new things. I don't recall anyone ever complaining about the way abilities were often shot from your weapon.
    • Like x 2
  7. Comixfan Committed Player

Recently got back into the game and still disheartened to see that the Final Ruin animation hasn't been reverted nor has there been anything added to allow players to choose whether they want the animation coming from their character's hand or their weapon.
  8. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

It's likely not going to happen for the sake of consistency with casts. I too miss firing lasers from my DW weapon or the ground slam animation from aoe powers but alas mo variable mo problems.
  9. Comixfan Committed Player

I can't see why they couldn't add an alternate power animation for those who want the original animation back. Hell, they could even charge money for it and I know I'd buy it and I daresay I wouldn't be alone in that.
  10. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

The old animations all had different dovetails and animation times. It made it harder to balance. You would have to balance the damage numbers against every weapon to truly get it down. They don't have the resources nor in the grand scheme of things would that be a wise use of time. It's one of those things where being overambitious can bite you later on.
  11. Kaminuse Active Player

Sorcery still has a supercharge ability that shot a beam with a different animation depending on which weapon you are using and as a bonus you still turn the enemy into a beautiful puppy: Polymorph.
  12. Comixfan Committed Player

Yes, which makes their decision to change the Final Ruin animation even more baffling considering that animation is still also used by Polymorph!

That aside, you cannot use Polymorph anywhere near as often as Final Ruin so my character design is still completely shot thanks to the change to the Final Ruin animation.

I'd play this game a heck of a lot more if they'd only change the Final Ruin animation back or at least let us choose which animation type to use!