Price increase???

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ClowninAround, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Thanks Mepps.
  2. spack2k Steadfast Player

i wouldnt call an 33% increase "a bit" more though
  3. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

And hence Mepps said he would look into it ;)
  4. Northwulf New Player

Which is what i was doing when my budget allowed lol.
    What i mean is if i buy the content as i progress, im pretty sure im still hindered by things involving inventory and escrow/in game money unless i keep a sub or dump more cash beyond also the needed content.
  5. Northwulf New Player

19.99 canadian, 14.99 american, from what i gather yes
  6. Ember New Player

Canada
  7. Ember New Player

What about the ps4 ppl in Canada the monthly payment is 19.99 when it was 14.99 a month
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 3
  9. Biff New Player

This answer is incomplete at best. If you have the ability to tell PSN to not do currency conversion when you provide them with prices for some items (3+ month memberships, MC, episodes, etc) then there is no reason why it shouldn't also apply to single month membership. Seems like a mistake was made here somewhere.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If that were true (3 month for 38.99 and 12 month for 119.99) then you're basically saying (not you, but Daybreak and PSN) that the 3 month package is cheaper than buying 2 months regularly, and 12 months are the same price as 6 months individually. Is that really correct? Sounds pretty fishy to me.
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

If this whole conversion thing is the reason, then it stands to reason that the yearly sub should be at 154.99 and the three months would cost at least 49.99.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Right, so we're double checking everything. Other prices may get corrected soon.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The Episode prices for EU PC players have been off since, I think, SOE transitioned to Daybreak. A few months after the Euro launched in 2002, €1 was worth above $1. In the 15 years since the currency launched it has never fallen below $1 as far as I'm aware, so an episode that costs $9.99 USD should never cost more than €9.99 when converted. If my memory serves me correctly I believe that all the episodes (DLC packs back then) that were $9.99 were also €9.99, or else €8.99, before SOE became Daybreak. Not sure why those prices rose to €11.34, or where that random number was plucked from. You can even see this in the sub prices - one month is $14.99 USD, and in Euro it's €12.99, which is the appropriate conversion, and has been since the game launched in 2011 as far as I'm aware.
    • Like x 2
  14. Draconiano Committed Player

Since you are checking prices...players from Argentina and other countries can't buy older DLC/Packs from steam.
    Only Episode 29, Episode 30 and Starter Pack by Lexcorp are available for purchase.
    [IMG]

As an example:
    Prices for Episode 30
    Prices for Episode 27

If I'm not wrong, at least 5 countries are having this problem.

Also, this mail was sent by steam some time ago to developers.

• Like x 1
  15. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

So it's not a conversion thing they just up the price of the monthly or it is a conversion issue and they lowered the price of those? Doesn't make any sense.
  16. Winbit New Player

This is my shocked face. So glad I caught it and didn't renew it. So I could be gauged the 19.99. Sorry the black Friday deal convinced me to comeback and this stuff has changed that. Game is not worth 19.99
  17. CanadianGrimloc Active Player

My take is that the price increase was intended. Seems like a huge oversight for this.

If you convert the dollar from can to us amount it will carry every month as the dollar changes.

Also just changes with no announcement or anything seems sketchy.

And first Mepps says he'll look into it then it's intended. Seems more like. Aww deal someone noticed.

I get it Canada has a diff currency. But a blindside increase will burn a lot of ppl. I for one must say after this month is over so will be my sub until either price goes down again or it's worth 19.99 a month.

So off too ffxiv for me!
    • Like x 1
  18. Ekart Committed Player

For me it's always price + VAT (for my country 22%) + dollar to euro exchange rate (because since the begining the support won't change my currency to EUR. EUR is the official currency in Slovenia).

So, if i would pay for Legendary once a year it would cost me around 150 EUR.
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

all I know is I'm barely hanging on to this game by a thread of my attention any longer if they raise the price to 20 im out and will just let it go forever. i'll miss friends but its just not worth even close to that price any longer
    • Like x 1
  20. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I did buy this game twice at 60 bucks and paid for two subs when it came out and now have tow 60 dollar coasters that are really nice =-)
    • Like x 1