The DCUO Winter Sale!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L T Devoted Player

replay badges, respec tokens (except name change which is 30% off)

Character slots are only 33% off.

Radar Enhancers and like supplies are 75% off.

Style items like suits are 50% off.

Seems like the only other thing that's actually 75% off is armories. Which is a really good deal if you need any.
    • Like x 2
  2. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Totally Fantastic!:cool:
    [IMG]:D
    • Like x 1
  3. Lady Furious New Player

black friday i agree was 640sc for 350rb
    but thats couple of weeks back..
    now im talking winter sale..
  4. The Anxient Loyal Player

Thanks
  5. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

Has nothing to do with entitlement its about knowing what happened in the past and maybe hoping for at least similar results. The diminishing rate of return on sales is pretty substantially shocking ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

There was literally JUST a big sale on replays less than a month ago.
    • Like x 2
  7. Rahl Level 30

No Sub discount this year???? :(
  8. The Anxient Loyal Player

Complaining because a sale (which they did not have to give) isn't good enough is entitlement.
    • Like x 2
  9. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

If you are charged with the crime of j-walking and get a prison sentence of 5 years in jail you would complain because they didn't have to give you 5 years and that sentence is good enough has nothing to do with entitlement of that person its about knowing the precedent of past sentences and hoping the would be applied in his case.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

That is quite the analogy. Enjoy the sale or don't. Either way, happy holidays!
    • Like x 21
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

You really need to work on your analogy. Being charged with a crime is a punishment. Being given free discounts to items in a sale is not. It absolutely a sense of entitlement to get a sale and whine about it. We're owed nothing. If you don't like what's on sale, don't buy anything.

Ah the power of personal choice and accountability for one's personal choices.
    • Like x 8
  12. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

It can easily be said that you can compare QoL issues still present in the game to a punishment if you are those powersets. I am punished everyday I play as gadgets because stealth has been an issue since before stats revamp. You could say its a punishment to have been a sorc and mental dps as it was continually stated during and at release and even acknowledged by Mepps that those powersets were severely under-performing. I can say as a player who favors natural gear progression it has been a punishment to play dcuo with two massive and I mean massive game breaking glitches/hacks that are rampant through the game. I could add images from a plethora of examples of multiple double, triple station cash sales, replays and power respec's 50% off etc so I can certainly relate to when people are upset and question when sales do come out.

Ah the power of perspective
    • Like x 3
  13. ObsidianChill_DCUO Well-Known Player

It's not hard to recall those precedents that I refer to ;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  14. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

This is a BIG ol apple trying really hard to be a orange.. how is going to jail even close to what is or what is not on sale??
    • Like x 5
  15. Ultimus Primus Well-Known Player

Thank you mepps I always enjoy a sale! I'm so cheap I hide under my blankets till I hear 20%-50% off... (oh how the bright lights hurt my eyes)
    • Like x 2
  16. The Anxient Loyal Player

Lol that's a huge reach. I know you like to carry on with arguments for days on end but I've got better things to do than explain why you're acting like a spoiled brat. Merry Christmas
    • Like x 4
  17. PaDaRu New Player

Lol at thread!
    • Like x 1
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Reach harder.
  19. TestReporter Loyal Player

It wasn't big lol. It was one of the worst replay sales in the past years. Well, i feel bad for those who wanted to buy replays, but i don't give a **** to it personally.
  20. adrianmoreira New Player

I know this topic is not about that. But I would like to say that I find it unnecessary to take DCUO off the PS3 platform. And who can not afford a PS4? Are there people who have spent a lot of time on your PS3 account (like me) and are you going to get them to lose their accounts? I think this is wrong ... Because of this, they have lost another player, this is sad,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.