Kicking during Combat

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Gamer_Liko, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Gamer_Liko Well-Known Player

I know we are not allowed to kick during combat, but there needs to be something done about players walking into boss fights and then just standing still. Can't kick them because it's during combat.

It's really bad in the holiday event and stabilizer fragmentation. Also, happens during a lot of raids and alerts. I know you an kick them after boss fight, but they are still getting rewards for this kind of play style..Any suggestions to fix this problem?
    • Like x 4
  2. Zpred Dedicated Player

What i would do in a duo situation/stabilzer i would then become still myself, then wait a little longer, if no activity then il just add that person to ignore and leave an re que if no friends or league mates are on.

In alert/raid situation i rarely pug but sometimes if you need a filler an have to hit lfg, what we do if we see somone not doing anything is stop too, if the person is not away an moving but not contributing to the instance we will purposely wipe, kick em and add them to ignore.

It's not the best solution and can waste a bit of our time but it's a better satisfaction of knowing its one less of those we have to deal with.

Untill the devs change something about that, like no activity = no loot or something like in pvp then there isn't much that cab be done.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

wype, kick, reopen, repeat 3 or 4 times and then do content
    • Like x 2
  4. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Well for the stabilzier "duo" I usually just go ahead and complete the thing since it can easily be soloed ( actually I have no clue why it isn't just a solo to begin with) and even soling I am done in under 2 minutes. I then pull up the group list and put that guy on ignore. He got one Freebie out of me and that is enough.

Now on just about anything else... Definitely they player goes on ignore and when possible (after combat) start a kick vote and get rid of them. If they are lagging behind and not helping.. it rarely starts on the final boss battle... I had one guy on a Supply Drop duo that never left the mission entrance. After I cleared out all the adds to get to that first boss battle it was pretty obvious .. "this pain in the butt has no intention of helping me at all" Hey if you have battled through 5 or 6 mobs and he is way behind the group .. KICK him before you get to that first boss.
    • Like x 1
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

No Thanks. I don't want to enable kicking during mid combat, to me that'll personally serve as another form of griefing other players.

Hey Bro, you're not using my optimized DPS loadout bro; time to kick ya from group bro.
    Hey Bro, why aren't you using Jackhammer Bruh? I'm kicking you from group, every earth DPS needs to use jackhammer or your trash bruh.

Hey Bro, the trollers not putting out enough power to keep me filled bro; lets kick the troller mid raid bro.

Hey Bro, the healer's not healing me even though I'm meleeing and wiping; i'm blaming the healer bruh; kick that healer bruh.

Hey Bro, The Tank isn't doing his job bro; I keep running ahead of him to keep up my DPS; let's kick the tank bruh.

I can understand players go AFK during the stabilizer event and such, but this won't fix that problem; it'll only spread into another toxic tool that'll be abused by the player base.

If anything I'd rather just have a system to where if players are AFK for the entirety of the stabilizer and other events; the game doesn't reward them.
    • Like x 4
  6. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

This has become VERY COMMON. Actually we had to kick a player after the 1st Boss in Injustice today.
    The alert actually went easier with3 players than 4, with a laggard. By dropping the 4th; you lose a Damage debuff. Instead of hitting for 75% of damage; you;ll get 87.5%. That much better than carrying a Zero.
    So the remaining two good DPS actually hit harder than with a carry. 2 DPS is better than having a weak 3rd.
    • Like x 1
  7. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

I dont think that being in a boss room means you're in combat. They should check that.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Its one of those things they really need to look at and adjust... and it does not just involve "combat" during missions. Take a character and either go to the war room in the watch tower OR the training area in your league hall (if you belong to one) and test out your powers. I like the hall because I can engage as many as 6 test dummies and see just how many minions are affected by an AoE attack. Okay.. so you try out your powers.. now TRY to go to your load out and change some around to see what may work even better. MAYBE it is just me but I can not do that while standing in the same area as the test dummies I get a warning about no being able to do that while in combat. I actually have to go around the corner and up the ramp to the first landing before i can switch powers out.

It's a TRAINING AREA I am not in combat I am pounding on a "TEST DUMMY" the whole Idea behind the thing is to allow us to test powers to see what works best for us.

And I definitely agree that just being in a room with a boss or even some mobs on a mission does not mean your engaged in combat. What if I sneak through that room and never attack anything or get attacked by anything on my way to my next mission objective? No shots were fired. No one on either side took any damage. YES I am in a "combat situation" where anything COULD happen but if you want to use a definition that liberal to define "combat" then I am "IN COMBAT" as soon as I warp through the front door of any building in game that has enemy mobs inside.. They may be two room away and down a long winding corridor.. but they are there and will attack and try to defeat me if I get within range.

Seems like a little re coding could be done.. For missions.. unless I am actively engaged in combat and/or within aggro range of a mob I am NOT in combat, For those Training dummies I mentioned .. re code as a training simulation and unless I am actively attacking the dummy since they just stand there and take damage and NEVER attack back.. I am not in combat mode at all.
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

???
    I have been kicked in combat before! The group kicked just before the loot dropped....
  10. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I did the Event duo the other day and some player just stood around every few mins.I then notice him killing adds so then I was like okay and killed every damn one on the map he helped with first boss then flew slowly to the exit and left .I put the fool on ignore log before his bs started .