I am so sick of SELFISH players!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by impulse1, Dec 8, 2017.

1. impulse1 Well-Known Player

Running TP for the catalyst.

3 of us over 200CR - one guy about 87CR running it at level for the first time.

Obviously the bad guys literally melt as soon as we look at them.

But that's not enough for one guy.

Oh no...

Mr "My-time-is-so-friggin'-precious that I can't spend an extra friggin' 30 seconds" has to rush ahead and lock us all out of Avatar of Sin.

You're not being clever, mate. We can all solo this alert easily.

The guy running it for the first time was understandably disappointed.

So I say to that a-hole who obviously never thinks about anyone but himself...

Stop being so SELFISH!!!

No wonder the world is stuffed when people like you are running around.
    • Like x 5
  2. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well, you can kick him off and not reopen the alert..
    • Like x 1
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Definitely a different complaint then what you normally see... usually the lower teir guy running it for the first time in overjoyed to have everything blasted for them according to the forums.
    • Like x 2
  4. impulse1 Well-Known Player

Yes, but the lower tiered guy doesn't want to miss out on the boss fights.

They want to experience beating the guy up.
    • Like x 1
  5. BƖack Dedicated Player

Kids should not play mmos.
    They take it way too serious. :p
    • Like x 2
  6. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

from the look of it, he want to experience getting beat up by the boss..
  7. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well to be fair, we progress to fast to actually remain at level... the only people that is playing alert at level is people who is strong enough to do the latest content.. my evil supergirl reach 130 CR without doing a single duo, alert or raid..

also the solution to ended high level player at low player content is easy.. just make a walk in teleporter for every duo, alert and raid... but nooo... "it would kill the queue for low player" they complained....

sorry but, I dont get to 215 cr just to feel like i'm 50 cr again.. when i want to do lower content for feat or item..
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

He has a point..... I don't think it applies as much in Trigon's Prison but there are some missions out there where if you are too far away when the boss goes down.. You miss out on the reward drop. Now tell me if you were one of the lower tier stuckk behind a pile of ticked off mobs and just saw that announcement that XXX boss is down and no reward dropped.. wouldn't YOU be upset? But STRYKER'S? I ran that a long time ago with a duo of guys that only cared about one thing.. Get to the battle with the Rogues and get Captain Cold's goggles to drop.. so they could sell them at the broker. They raced ahead leaving the two of us at the right CR for that mission to TRY and deal with all the mobs they aggroed.. We didn't get a thing in the way of reward when the Rogues died and then.. Yeah you guess ed it. They both quit the alert and left the two of us to wait on the Q to find us some new team mates. Now considering that particular alert can be WALKED into from Metropolis why exactly did those two feel the need to screw things up for two other players?

Hey just to show the "other" side..... I ran the League of Assassins alert tonight with a CR 70 alt. We had two guys there strictly for the catalysts.. both above 200 and one guy at CR 50+. No one raced ahead and we defeated every single mob and stuck together. When Ras died .. that Cr 50+ could turn right around and go back and click all the briefings and exploration markers and all the skeletons for that feat. He already had the speed feat since even with killing ever single mob we managed to complete the thing in 11:38. it was my second time through I already had the speed feat but I grabbed the one for defeating all 4 sub bosses.

Oh yeah and there are some OTHER issues to consider. When artifacts first came out on that exact SAME alert I ran into a couple of HIGH CR determined to "Get er done!" as fast as possible and in their stupidity.. they managed to screw up the final boss battle so it was totally impossible to target Ras al Guhl. Now thankfully on one of those we all just took off all our armor and let him kill us to reset. On the other.. THAT didn't even work and we just had to quit the mission and start all over again. YEA all that racing ahead saved us a whole LOT of time.

Now considering the OP is talking Trigon's Prison and we ALL know it drops catalysts how much you willing to bet the Speed demon making every one else's life miserable was only there for that catalyst drop and couldn't care less about any missing feat, and style piece he still wanted/needed and couldn't have cared less what anyone else needed or wanted.
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

How do you know it wasn't someone's alt, how do you even know he was upset, why are you blind queueing for content and not expecting a random result.

Sure the guy was a bit inconsiderate but why are you expecting people to play the way 'you wan't them too'; this is what this really comes down too.

Form your own group find a CR87 player and feel free to do what you want, you could always take some gear off too if you're that worried about it.

When you queue it tomorrow you'll get a different result too.
    • Like x 1
  10. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

this is why we need a walk in teleporter for all duo, alert and raid... so the high level player can solo it...
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

There is a walk in for trigons prison....in gotham wasteleands
    • Like x 3
  12. calvin_0 Dedicated Player

well, that is still not all duo, alert or raid currently have a teleporter... i'm saying we need to put all the duo, alert and raid into a single walk in teleporter.. or better yet, make the "on duty menu" to have a "dont allow other players in" option, so people can do in alone or with the current group...
  13. Davenport Committed Player

While I agree that such players suck, even to me since I tend to kill everything in a duo / alert / raid for the sake of random drops (and now Nth metal), so it usually leaves me trailing behind, that's just a hazard of random groups. Kind of like wanting to do a specific feat and another player ruins it because they've already got the feat (or just doesn't care).

If you're after something specific that requires some cooperation, like a feat or an experience, you're better off with making your own group.
  14. nowburn4it Loyal Player

I think Fatal's point is creeps will be creeps...
    • Like x 1
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That would be the better alternative. Walk in's have always been the source of glitches and screw ups in the past, plus just queuing is more convenient then having to warp somewhere and find the walk in.
    • Like x 3
  16. Davenport Committed Player

Maybe have an "Definitely required" number too. I did a walk-in of some Batman related alert or raid only to realize I actually needed 4 people for some switches, lol. It was one of the lower tier caverns. Sure, most people think about that stuff, but I hadn't done it in a while.
    • Like x 2
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Lol yeah, perhaps before you que in, a prompt that tells you "this instance requires a certain number of players to progress, do you wish to continue?"
  18. SkullGang Devoted Player

You're entitled to nothing form others players so don't expect anything.
  19. Davenport Committed Player

We're not even entitled to a little bit of decency?

Mhmm, that'd be nice. It'd be easier for people that get fillers just to start lower stuff for feat / item runs.
    • Like x 2
  20. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

You also have to look at the issue with population. If you're an at-level player and you're waiting in a queue for 20 minutes and finally get in, only to find that every other player is at a much higher CR, your options are A: Just try to keep up, B: Quit the instance and queue for another 20+ minutes, C: Hard quit the game and switch to something else. Option A is the lesser evil, but all are definitely going to rob the player of the MMO experience. That's not even getting into the role disparity, which is just another layer to the notable disfunction in the game's design.
    • Like x 1