Just thought I'd boast how big mine is...

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by impulse1, Nov 28, 2017.

1. impulse1 Well-Known Player

We are all DC fans in some shape of form...probably a number of us collect DC comics.

I have collected for some years and in fact have quite a large collection

In fact, my DC collection numbers over 12,500 comics...every in-continuity issue between 1986 and 2013.

Fills up a fair few bookcases in the house.

Can anyone top this?
    • Like x 2
  2. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

My friend have boxes of comic books, not sure it hit 13k though
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

My uncle had many boxes filled with comics he gave to my dad before he passed away. Not all dc comics though.
  4. Jackster Developer

OK - I'll throw in.

Roughly 55,000 comics.
    400 graphic novels.
    22,000 digital.
    • Like x 5
  5. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

I kid!

I have 6 long boxes, 2 half boxes, not sure on digital though. My brother owns a comic book store's worth, which isn't as much as jackster, but close.
    • Like x 2
  6. ShadoRaven Well-Known Player

You win
  7. Owl Devoted Player

I have around 80 long boxes of comics. Mostly Marvel though.
    The first comic I purchased was Uncanny X-Men #132 in 1980.
  8. Emoney Dedicated Player

You should totally put some of those in a Time capsule.
    • Like x 3
  9. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

Original crisis infinite earths full mint...every iron man year issue 70s to 80s..also rare individual issues iron man...like i have the first issue where The Gaurdsmen armor is introduced...not mint but I do have it...I take grades seriously if i say something I own is mint you can believe it is...I read my books with gloves on and away from my breath...no UV exposure...not by me...all batman 80s era anniversary/special issues...500th appearance of batman in a detective comic for example...all mint...I want to say i have every Icon comic mint but I could be wrong...marvels secret wars 1...mint...stupid story but finally marvel let their heroes and villains be in their full glory...fun read...still remember when hulk screws with a mountain...the demon 1 fine condition...you know the guy who makes you a zombie at the school...his 1 issue..yes its only fine but I love it....every impulse mint...got some thunder agents but it is so hard to find good copies of NOT DC or Marvel comics...marvel universe every issue from original 80s run all mint...full run 80s DC new talent showcase mint...will THETA or EKKO ever get the comic lead they DESERVE!!!???...anyways...lost some too...lost my Marvel tryout project mint condition in a flood....also lost my every 'treasury" print format comic i owned due to theft...many were mint of course...some were at best fine...been at this comic shyitt for awhile now...dont think youll go to your grave clutching your favorite comic book...none of us are that lucky...
  10. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

About 20 years ago, was making a list of the comics had, can't remember how many pages there were (either 15 or 150), and there were about 40 or 50 lines per page, have gotten a lot more since then, including around 125 Marvel Graphic Novels and 60 Judge Dredd Collection Graphic Novels
    Stopped getting comics about 3 years ago when the only comic store in town shut down :(
  11. impulse1 Well-Known Player

I used to own two copies of GREEN LANTERN/GREEN ARROW #76 - arguably the most famous and significant comic of the modern age - so rare now that MileHigh Comics don't even have a listed price for it in Very Fine or Mint and charge $1800 for Fine.

And I got rid of them, and a host of other 60's and 70's DC's for next to nothing in my foolish youth.

Cry :(
  12. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Sadly I sold my collection off before I moved across the country. I mostly do digital comics now days.