Artifacts layout poor

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BDA_HitMan, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

OK.... from your post I thought you did not get any at all.... meaning not even from Constantine.

But yes..... it is the only one I got too. But you can buy more on the Broker if you don't want to spend $2 for 4 Seals on the MP.
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

this confuses me. how are seals for sale on the broker if you can onlyget them from the marketplace or are the mp seals tradeable?

if so...yeeesh.

these are the kind of things we should be finding in promethium lockboxes.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Could be that they are in game... but are Uber rare to get?? or only drop from specific content??
    Will let you know if I ever get one. ;)
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

Yes you can sell or trade them (not cross-plattform).
  5. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Hmm. That is unfortunate. So far I only have my two artifacts at 60 each, but no failures as of yet.
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

Failed at 80 :(

Waiting to see the post from someone who fails then tries again w/out the seal and fails then buys all the catalysts from the broker and fails again. U know this is gonna happen to some poor unlucky soul.
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

ill be on the lookout for a video.

overall i'm finding artifacts to be kind of meh. maybe if something like this was implemented five years ago it would have meant more to me. now it just feels like last seasons clearance. the cheapest thing possible.
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I am sure that WILL happen but I am gradually working Artifacts with 10 alts and I have my main at 80 and working on 100.. Plus like 5 more all working toward 60 (and getting very close) and so far I am using the exact same protective seal that Constantine gave me during the tutorial. Also we are currently in the middle of the Black Friday sale and i went in and bought 20 more so when that does happen and I lose some of them.. I HAVE replacements.

All that said .. yeah you are right at some point some one will have that REALLY bad day you just described and be on here moaning about it.. Can't wait to post in THAT thread about them not at least TRYING to be prepared.. I had no idea it was even possible to sell your protective seal on the broker but between THAT possibility and the reality of BUYING them on the Market.. If some one has a failure at any level and does not go get another protective seal before running through a huge pile of catalysts.. They are not paying much attention . :D lol
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Might want to rethink that idea... with the way the RNG in this game works and with all the stuff that drops in the Lock Boxes the last thing I'd want to do is have to depend on those to obtain anything for upgrading my artifact. Plus Daybreak is SELLING the seals on the market Place .... I seriously doubt they would undermine potential sales by giving them away in a lock box..

Now.. on the "other hand" they could design a "special" mission we could run like once a week to obtain a new one. NOW imagine the number of replays that would get used (at 87 replays a run) to do that over and over again so those players that view the broker as the main focus of the game and want to obtain hundreds so they can charge millions selling them on the broker. LOL
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

im near 70 or at 70...Im E now...playing up an alt ...like E needs an "Artifact"...anyways i still have my seal maybe ive just been lucky
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

why not? vault tickets and repair bots already drop from them.

this would be the best way to make the prom boxes a current perk. they should be dropping all sorts of artifact supplies.

i'd rather chance through rng for something im going to need down the road over something thats going to eventually become a pricey
    thing to advance.
  12. COMBATICUS Dedicated Player

Yea I mean it's not the only tho g I'm unlucky with. The riddler dlc,I havent seen not a SINGLE , yes I repeat not a single op collection drop. I bought 4 which were cheap but rest is out of my range.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah they do and when they do I gran them in a heart beat but while the repair bots drop rate is not too bad.. i bet I have seen maybe 5 vault tickets on over a dozen different alts... Those same alts each have over 50 Omega Compounds (I share them between all alts), at least 10-15 Repair bots and so on... I'll be honest I think I have obtained more auras from those things than i have Vault tickets so they must be able to control the potential drop rate for anything that drops.. And like I said do you really think they want us getting protective shields for FREE while they are selling them?

So hypothetically your at level 79 with your artifact and all you need to do is modify to hit 80 and grab that buff for the entire team BUT you have no protection.... Are you going to go BUY a shield or wait a month or more for a free one to drop?

I wondered how they would make artifacts a money maker.... at first it seemed like they didn't but NOW.. don't want to bother running old duos, alerts and raids? BUY the catalysts off the market. Protective shield died? Buy a new one from the market. hey at least you still need to play the game to get the Nth metal :)

NOW here's an idea (that I know they will never do).... Let's stick them in the lock box like you suggest. rare drop. Stick them in the vault .. rare drop and then even make them a rare drop in the alerts and raids. It still going to take a lucky roll of those virtual dice to get one but you now have a lot more chances.
  14. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

My MAIN ALT is at level 83 working toward 100 and i am still using the exact same seal Constantine gave me way back at level one. I have all the catalysts I need to obtain level 100 so it is down to a matter of simply gathering enough nth metal.

I have another ALT at level 76 with all the catalysts I need to hit 80 already available.. and again still using the free seal that Old Bugger John gave me :)

I have 4 others above 40 working toward 60 and not one seal has been lost YET. Do I figure it will happen eventually? Of course which is why with the Black Friday sale going on I went in and bought a bunch of them at a cheaper price.

Some one.. some where on one of these related threads posted the supposed success rates at the various levels for break through to the next Millstone and at the lower levels it is pretty much a given .. above 90% chance of success... SO getting to 20 and even 40 level is not a huge risk. Get's a little riskier at the higher levels but as I recall .. and let us keep in mind I am 63 and my mind is shaky at times LOL... even the jump from 80 to 100 has a success rate at or even above 70% maybe 75%?

Always better to be safe than sorry.. and of course I AM talking about the rate of success while USING A PROTECTIVE SEAL... Try doing a jump to level 80 without that seal and you stand a much higher chance of being in tears as all those hear earned catalysts burst into flames and disappear. So do you think I stressed the need to use your seal enough? :p lol
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

well just tobe cautionary things are working as intended. the first 100 levels are easy.research neverwinters artifact system. its not an exact replicaof what we got here in game. if anything what wegot in game is a simpler version.

eventually the best artifacts are only going to be available in lockboxes anf the success rate ofbreaking through is going todramatically decrease.

while i dont love artifacts i dont hate them either.not a game changerfor me and not an improvement over anything. i would rather see our skillpoints worth more than needing outside augmentation.

all the various catalysts and materials we need should be dropping everywhere: promethium lockboxes, weekly and monthly award boxes, boss drops, the vault.

i dont think we should have to pay to protect our grind. nor should there be a chance to fail.
  16. Capitaine Courage Active Player

Got my Tetraedron to 100 yesterday.
    Used my seal of preotrection for lvls 80 and 100, but it never failed actually so I still got it.
    And to be honest, when you have played games like Black Desert, enchanting this wasn't that much of a headache, be it for inventory management or ressources hoarding (don't sleep on your Nth metal, use it)
    Of course there are monetisation tropes behind the system to incentivise players to spend replay badges, since the catalysts can only be obtained once a week, but 60 % chances at lvl 100, without rank loss or item destruction (just the mats, which seems logical) and a way to protect you from it on top of that isn't that bad.
    To be honest I expect them to increase the cap in future updates.
    • Like x 1
  17. useless Well-Known Player

Was in a hurry other day,juct completed catalysts i needed,wife says we are late,lets go.
    In a minute i said,quickly put catalyst,hit breaktroug and puff,failed,forgot to use seal.
    Controller needs serious fixing now,and not talking to wife that day :D
    • Like x 2
  18. Miss Adora Loyal Player

it will tell you the percentage of success when you have all the catalyst and at the level of breakthrough...not always 100%
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I'm surprised Wife is still Wife after that day. :D ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Original Kal Well-Known Player

I hate the artifacts. Just one or two more things to level up making the game even less ALT friendly.