303 standing around

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Doc.Doom15, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Enough already. 50% of most people in teams are just standing/floating in the same spot. If you're a group leader, please kick those people (energy bars that don't move is a hint). Why do people even join a group just to stand there. Bunch of lazy a-holes.
    • Like x 2
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Am surprised it took this long before we got this thread. ;)

People were going crazy when that happened with the 333 mission. :eek:
    And it seems to be even worse with the 303 one. Players not defeating any enemies seems to happen more often then not this time.

Also finding groups is more difficult too.

With 333... I would send a tell in LFG... and within 3 seconds would get an invite.

Now..... takes a LOT of seconds... even minutes..... before getting invited.

Was there so much more people playing RwC as opposed to E3???

As for the 303 mission..... there is an easy fix for the people standing around.

You do have the option to do the mission solo. ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Lol it bs like that crap I just invite people I know or just go at it with a few wortly good folks . I have notice it more with 333 omfg haven't yet with 303 .
  4. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's been happening since the start
    • Like x 1
  5. David Ivanenko Committed Player

If I made the group, I keep an eye on the bars and if they don't move, I kick them.
    If I didn't make the group, and the "leader" or other players are just standing there, I sent tells to the players actually doing something and tell them to follow me far away so the lazy ones don't get credit, at least until we find another group.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mister Der New Player

I am letting you know, that if you ever invite me, I will work. That is thanks to my blue collar family roots.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I had to take a bathroom break!
    • Like x 1
  8. light FX Steadfast Player

I saw so many doing this during the 333 in RwC too. Watch their power bar. If it doesnt move for a few mins chances are they are hiding somewhere.

Honestly its sad imo that there are so many lazy players in the game who do this kinda stuff. This concept of playing a game and wanting to pay money to play it less or stand around and let others play it for ya is beyond bizarre. Its a game, you're supposed to play. If killing a few adds really bothers ya well maybe dcuo isnt the game for these people. Ya gotta be pretty lazy when pushing buttons is too much work.
    • Like x 2
  9. Rigel Cygni Well-Known Player

That's why I always make the groups. I give a few seconds for that power bar to start moving, if not then kick, easily replaceable since I do this at the start of the weekly reset;)
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the 303 goes quickly with or without a group.

i don't mind if players want to complete their dailies while farming. i try to get it all done at the same time.

in earth 3'scase i think the map is too big. easy to get out of range.

i also miss the flying question marks we used to get in typhons area.

those were fun.
    • Like x 2
  11. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Chill out on the power bar watching guys. Some people casually kill adds with weapons.

I understand a lot of people spam powers now and it can help as an indicator, but try to further investigate by maybe flying over to them as well.

Also keep in mind its 2017 and people text while playing.

Its unrealistic to assume everyone is planted right in front of the tv never moving or looking away.

People have lives, dude. Dogs they have to get a quick bowl of water for, kids bothering them etc.

Fly to the person on the map, observe them and then kick em if they're really not doing anything
    • Like x 5
  12. useless Well-Known Player

sometimes in group i see only adds i kill count on counter for couple mins,dont realy mind,since i join
    groups to help even if i'm done with 303
    but reading this something else cought my attention....
    i usually kill where 3 adds spawning,like bots ,or where containers are...and didnt know that distance
    from group maters,so it wont count if i'm far from grouo ? didnt know that
  13. VariableFire Loyal Player

I don't know why people still form groups for these. AF3 and AoJ were small enough with enough adds that groups made sense. You were close enough and the adds were plentiful enough that the mission did go quicker. With RwC and E3, the areas are so massive and the adds so spread out that half the group (if full) will likely be out of range for the kills to count.

And yes, range is a factor you dubious doubters who think they play the game but pay no attention.
    • Like x 3
  14. useless Well-Known Player

ty for the answer kind man
    i'm still learning so coming to the forum,because it helps to find some answers
    not "playing from beta",quite new in the game,playing for fun and casualy,learning on the fly,not making a career in the game
    grow up on dc and marvel (many of you wosnt born when i was reading comics),but with job,
    three children ,medical problems i play as much as i can because i love this game (the only game i play on PS)
    and i do pay attention as much as i can
    help is not easy to find in game from old players,most of them are in leagues and accepting
    only high cr/sp,standing in central hub or broker,lools you for questions or calls you noob
    so today i learned that distance maters and i thank you for that
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I know this guy who makes videos for new players if you like?? ;) ;)
    There might be a video or two that could help you out. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

While you're ranting about that, will you inconsiderate moronic a-holes not hit the bounty when you're the only one there?? I had owlman yesterday, messaged group to come and some idiot attacked him, died, then he despawned.

YOU CAN'T SOLO THEM.
    • Like x 3
  17. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

True the 303 seems to be a lot easier to do solo that the 333 was based on clumps of mobs to attack. heck go back to the 410 in AoF and it was the same.. I have go0ttne alts to 410 without ever joining and actual team.

The amusement Mile also seemed to spawn the "Let's just sit here and let everyone else get us these rewards" mentality. Was on one team where they actually found two guys sitting on a roof top doing absolutely nothing while the rest of us killed stuff.. Obviously they both got kicked...
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

*Has nightmarish flashbacks to late night eclipso hunts in the village #DONTSTANDNEARTHEDOORWAY*
  19. Wallachia Devoted Player

How not to have leeches in group when doing 303, lesson one:

1. Do 303 solo.
    • Like x 5
  20. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

If only I could easily report for leeching.
    But not gonna go to a third party site to report someone, so they will never stop.