Question regarding my power (quantum dps)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kanmaru, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Hello, I have been quiet for awhile now but just wanted to ask if my power (Quantum) will receive any type of buff at all? I'm not one to complain about other powers being op. On fact I welcome buffs here and there, it's just it is very clear my main power seems to be lacking in a majority of areas. For one, quantum only has one hard hitting and effective power (Time bomb.) An that is just about it to be honest. Now I can add powers on top of the other but still it seems to be very weak. I think warp barrage is decent as well. However, I'm actually upset of what the devs did to Singularity and Tachyon Blast. Why turn a potential good burst DPS power like those into very weak hitters? Especially since Singularity uses 200 power but hits like a 100 power ability. Very weak indeed. Funny though, Electricity has Tesla blast which costs them only 100 power yet it's one of their hardest hitting powers. Gravitonic Field, yes the old troll POT even hits way harder now with a 300 power cost. Why? What were you thinking doing this? It is a single target and pointless. Is there a way that this will be fixed later down the line or is this set in stone? Because if it is, then this is not what balance is.
    • Like x 1
  2. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Please fix quantum!
  3. Mazahs Loyal Player

Not discounting what you are saying about Quantum as I haven't played the power in a whiel, but your example is WAY wrong with Electricity-

Funny though, Electricity has Tesla blast which costs them only 100 power yet it's one of their hardest hitting powers.

It's not a hard hitting power, in fact it's only single target, that's pretty weak & has to have a PI up to really do any damage.
  4. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Time bomb.. That's your problem right there... Why a Quantum player feel they need to put that in the load out is beyond me. It not AM's are gone. Time bomb is slow and has a damage cap.

Quantum actually does nice damage... If you don't waist time and power on a move that hits the same damage as 3 other powers but takes twice as long to use and can miss if the ad or boss moves or dies before explodes.
    • Like x 1
  5. stärnbock Devoted Player

guess it realy is set in stone. sorry to say that, but it doesn't look like devs have any interest in changing things, even though as the statsrevamp went online all of a sudden, there were many problems still left... for example: mental got totally botched at the very last moment and no matter how much reports were made, not even one reply has been made by them. a huge problem quantumum, mental and even the strong electro now has, is that they are all split between PI's wich leads you to either one of three options: 1: setup two PI's wich is slow, 2: setup only one or none or 3: take a single target or a weaker power into your rotation to fit a singlle PI... of course: all three options are flawed... also: because the troll powers have CC effects, they tend to be weaker than other powers, even though in an alert or raid situation, you will not be able to CC anyways ^^' only gadgets seems to work fine... however: i didn't played enough with it to be sure
    • Like x 1
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

The amount of damage an ability does depends on a variety of factors. The factors are: power cost, amount of targets it can hit, if it has crowd control or not, if it's a PI applicator and if it's a Supercharge generator. Singularity is a multi target ability, meaning it can damage more than one opponent at a time. It also applies a PI and has Crowd Control effects. Tesla Blast is a single target ability, does not apply a PI and (I don't think) has any kind of CC attached.

I've been a Quantum main since the day the power released, and at the moment I'm doing fine with it. Granted, I do have to have Robot Sidekick in my loadout, but other than that it's all Quantum. Time Bomb isn't worth it in my opinion. My rotation is:
    Singularity clipped with Warped Reality, Handblasters Solar Flame c/ Lift, Solar Flame c/ Alcubierre Wave and then I repeat those last two steps until Singularity and Warped Reality are off cooldown. I also use Temporal Vortex as my supercharge. Now, that works for me and I'm usually first or second on the scoreboard (usually if there's no Electricity DPS in a raid), but how you mod as well as how many SP you have and how you allocate them will also influence your damage.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

So until fixes are made, you suggest I use hybrid weapon combo?
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

mepps made it very clear that players will need to discover better specs with the release of stats revamp. he also added powers are balanced...but again...it's discovering the spec. i just wish the developers would come on and show us how they play and how these secretive specs (supposedly it's balanced even with weapons and hybrid) are fairly even across the board.

also if you're looking to cheese on extra damage, throw on robot sidekick and see how that goes. not dependent on stats...dependent on CR and scales to it.
    • Like x 1
  9. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I think most of it speaks for itself by reading what each power does and using that information to come up with a good rotation. I don't think there are any 'hidden' specs as it's all right there in the description if people bothered to take some time and read them and then test different rotations on sparring targets. And there are quite a few powers that you can substitute for something similar but one power might have a slightly longer cool down but with higher damage output so you get to pick what suits your playing style the best. I've watched a lot of YT videos for 'best loadouts after stats revamp' where people are completely missing the point on how to put together a good rotation because they don't read what the powers they're using actually do and how to combine them to get more out of your loadout.
  10. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Actually time bomb does stack like it used to pre revamp but it does only absorb a certain amount of damage. Still it "is" the hardest hitting power in Quantum. I main it so I know.
    • Like x 1
  11. Exostorm Well-Known Player

Actually, Einstein's Ray is the hardest hitting non-supercharge Quantum power. Like Tesla Blast, it's single target, and hits just as hard (probably harrder, in my opinion). Lift is a close second. Though honestly, the hardest hits come from their crits, and while Time Bomb is consistent in damage, it does not crit.

But as others have said, there's not much wrong with Quantum, it's finding the rotation that works. Me and some others go with Time Bomb>Time Shift>Distortion Wave>Warp Barrage>Tachyon Blast>Tachyon Blast, and we can keep up with most other dps's just fine.

I will agree that Time Bomb needs a buff though. Right now, it caps off at a percentage of your current might, about 60%, I think. It would help if they bumped that percentage uup to 75-80%, or remove it completely.

Also, one of the biggest problems Quantum has is the power interactions(Destabilized and Graviton Charged), which are still split like they were in the power trees (Electric and Mental have this same issue). It severely limits what we can successfully use in our loadouts. They need to either pick one like they did with the other powers like Ice and Fire, or allow the PI's to work off of each other like with Gadgets. It would allow for more versatility in our loadouts, just like the devs advertised for the revamp.
  12. Exostorm Well-Known Player

Individual abilities might be balanced, but the way that each of them function in every power is not. it's hard to claim balance when one power can spam a single ability and top the damage boards.
  13. Exostorm Well-Known Player

That shouldn't be necessary. The rotation I gave you should work just fine.
  14. Exostorm Well-Known Player

Time Bomb is very useful, especially on bosses, and large groups of adds that won't burn too quickly. it has decent mid-range, so missing some targets isn't that big of a worry. It's also important to know when to use it too. If you're using it on small groups that may not last long, then you're doing it wrong. It does have a damage cap, which sucks. But the damage is consistent and reliable.
  15. recoil Committed Player

quantum is a good dps just not for single target. i can usually(testing it at end game open world) snare about 8 npcs and slowly beat them into submission. now the one time it WILL do good damage single target is on a boss if you pile time bomb, gravity well, and anomaly. all three of those stack on top of each other and do damage at the same time. now the biggest problem with quantum and mental is that unlike hard light they for some reason don't have regular self heals.
  16. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The big thing you have to pay attention to is power interactions. Time bomb, for the most part, is a waste now. I've had much greater success with Gravity Well and the graviton-charged PIs. This is where Singularity can come in. It, along with Gravity Well, can graviton-charge your enemies, thus allowing stuff to do greater damage. So does Singularity hit big? No... but it does put up a small DOT plus it starts some of your PIs.
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

IF you want to stick with time bomb in your rotation, i suggest:
    use it at the start of a fight as your first power, then setup your PI.
    now, if you see that the targets wont last long enough for a full hit,
    just use something else instead, other powers or weapon attacks...
    you might even want to switch it out if you are not fighting a boss.
    most targets will only last for one time bomb, perfect timing is key!
  18. Jafin 10000 Post Club

That's what I use, yeah. I'm not a fan of pure play from the tray, but if you like PftT and not hybrid I'm not gonna tell you you have to go hybrid because you should play the way you have the most fun. That being said, some playstyles are better than others so no matter what playstyle you choose you'll probably have to make compromises somewhere.
  19. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Seems like a great Prec/might modded LO. Have you tried smokebomb?
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I do quite like that particular WM combo, but I like being able to do the damage from a distance. Not a big fan of being in melee range the whole time.
    • Like x 1