Group's collection receiving is a huge terrible issue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saturn Girl, Nov 12, 2017.

1. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

good point.

just let us craft them. fixed.
    • Like x 1
  2. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Hey you are all old men or maybe woman, and I'm happy I'm younger :) ;)
    Like you just said that was it before in the past and the problem got solved and now everyone knows how much this is nice that they receive their own gear or any other loot after a boss ;)
    And after about 6 years it's time to solve this problem of rolled collections. ;)
    If you are sad you can just go and buy what you want from broker and don't run the missions. ;)
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No I'm happy we don't have to roll for gear anymore, you should be too.
  4. SilkyPawz Bunny

I Need on Everything, I run several Alt's they don't have everything in the game and most likely need the Collections, just because it's a high CR doesn't mean they have said collection. I do not see what the problem is, been like this for years, not like you can't run the content again and again oh and again. Sounds like you're just upset you didn't win the roll :rolleyes:

BTW OP collections isn't something we roll for/group loot.
    • Like x 3
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Think people are just saying it used to be a lot worse. Imagine as a dps seeing a DPS gear, so socially acceptable to roll NEED. Odds are slim with multiple DPSes in group, then a support ends up getting it. Or a support role rolling on a different support's gear (ex: troll getting tank's gear -- for salvage - kind of a jerk move). If a player does it; you don't know if other person's new and didn't know the mmo norm, or if someone was just being greedy. Anywho, it's much better now.

Out of habit; I generally pass on anything I have already. Especially if there are young CRs in the group.
    • Like x 4
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

That's just it. It's not nice and it doesn't make the game better. Getting our own loot only killed the need to run with friends and leagues. The change seems better, but it's not.

Your thread is complaining that in a group setting, your not getting yours. GROUP SETTING or RAID means everyone, not just you. If it were meant only for you, the collections would keep respawning and everyone would have a chance to get one. That's not how it works, nor should it. Please stop. Even if someone is sitting on a billion or more dollars. If they are running content, they are there to get stuff. Not to pass so just you can because you found the collection. Move on.
  7. Davenport Committed Player

You seem to be making a few poor assumptions.
    First of all, there are a lot of players who miss content along the way to the higher levels. Do you have any idea how easy it was to get to the higher levels before the revamp? I don't know how it is going from 30 to 200 now, but I basically breezed from 30 to 100+ in a couple days without resets, and really only took as long as I did to get to 200+ because I wasn't interested in leveling. Every time I actually do try to level though, it goes fast (though not as much now that I'm in the 200+ range). So yeah, there's a lot that you can miss.

Another problem is the assumption that higher levels have a lot of money. While some do, other's don't have that kind of cash to throw around for a collection piece. Me? Most of my cash goes toward impulse buys I need for my bases or for feats (Emblems, an aura or two, styles, base items, R&D crap, etc.). Rarely do I have much cash on hand.

Thirdly, and lastly since I'm too lazy to keep going, one of the ways players do make their millions is by farming rare stuff - collectibles included - so your complaint kind of gets in the way of them making the millions they're supposed to have.
  8. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Please don't only look at yourself.
    First this isn't about cash or level.
    Second, as your answer I'm gonna say, not everyone plays 12 hours everyday to rank up to +200 in a few days.
    Then, Not everyone has millions cash on the hand, don't make it personal. If you are rich in game or whatever, good for you, that's not others business.
  9. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Actually the gear thing was far more of an issue than collections (I'm going to leave the fact you're insulting folks who had to suffer through that by calling them old, they only changed the roll on loot thing, what three years ago, that's almost half way through the games current life).

In the beginning, running a raid would lock you out of that raid and the chance to get gear, even if you didn't get any of the actual gear. Also because folks had different sets of gears for the first couple of DLC's per role (and they all had feats attached) in created lots of "ninja looting" threads which I'm sure aren't missed by anyone. The gear at the end of the day was not tradeable so really someone could just be a jerk and roll on the gear for salvage feats (after they were created of course) or just to sell if they didn't need it (which i know at least happened twice that I've encountered, but I'm pretty sure that situation was a very rare occurrence).

Collections can always be farmed by yourself, in some cases you can stay in the instance for awhile after it's completed and farm the instance. You can make money and buy it off the broker, you could trade it to someone if you have something valuable, many different things you can do to achieve your goal... it might not be fun but you can at least achieve it.

I don't think they will change it or should... because at the end of the day you'd end up hurting the economy because things would be more plentiful, supply and demand would than happen and another stream of revenue would dry up for folks in game.
    • Like x 2
  10. hoaxone Committed Player

So you want whoever finds the collection should get the collecti9n.so I can que as your healer then say screw the group,run to the collection spawns and get the drop,then leave the instance.yea I like that idea....do it now.
    • Like x 2
  11. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Not every instance allow you stay behind and farm collections. Maybe something DCUO should change.
    • Like x 1
  12. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

Well that would be a welcome change. I think they would have to create a time limit to ensure we don't have issues stemming from having instances open indefinitely but at least that would be a step in the right direction that wouldn't have as huge of an impact on folks revenue stream from the broker.

Giving everyone collections though I think shouldn't happen.
  13. Saturn Girl Committed Player

What the hell is wrong with that???
    You know when gears stopped dropping as rolled loot, the job became better, and then no one could eat the rights of another person. And now this is not different, you think that is bad because of your personal thoughts in your own brain, for example someone's very rich in the game and believes that he or she doesn't need this solution and can go to the broker and buy what he or she wants at the moment and easy and doesn't care about other people and their problems, actually this is my issue with most people in public and these forums, cause THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT OTHERS PROBLEMS Unless this is their own.
    Or maybe someone are jealous people who only want the best for their own selves and don't want others to get collections in groups of missions such as a raid.
    Or maybe more than %75 of these players are on PS can roll "Need" for a loot such as a collection only by pressing 2 keys as fast as is possible and don't care about PC users that ones who must Press L on keyboard and mov e the mouse on the screen and clearly click on Need and don't get wrong with Greed or Pass, and then they will be the last person who can roll Need.
    When the collections drop for all members of a group, if one of the rare pieces of the collection drops, there is no issues with that, most will use that and complete their collection and if anyone has collected that before can just sell it or be a sympathetic person and share with his or her league mates or friends. The Rare pieces are still rare and always drop after more than 2 times playing a raid.
    But I again remind of that people who have the adjectives : Scroll up, will keep being a mean person and don't care about others, should just leave the thread, don't respond, and stop drilling the thread with their VERY Personal Thoughts.
    Just for another remember, I remind of that, "Not losing money" Is pretty much more important than "Making money" (At this case about selling collections). This is what, a lot of people dont care about and will hurt them at least once in their life.
  14. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I gave you a reason and it's a very logical reason.

Their are two main things wrong with the auction house. One is the fact that their is too much money in circulation (and there's nothing they could really do about that at this time, without infuriating the player base). The second thing is that not everyone is allowd to participate in the auction house. That being said somethings you can only get in game due to the auction house (time capsule items and feat items) or getting really lucky. What you're suggesting will eliminate a viable source of income for people to produce by overwhelming the supply.... it's really simple economics.

People get upset at folks and tell people to farm to make money to nab the TC's and while I say that logic isn't exactly fair for that scenario, telling to you to earn money to get the collections versus the devs changing the collection system, well let's just the way it is, is the way it should be.
    • Like x 1
  15. piohh Well-Known Player

@ Saturn Girl

I play with 3 toons, with 2 of them I don't have all Collections of the lower content so I will receive it too. Thats why player like me vote for this with CR210 too. Not all High CR player dont need this collections.
    • Like x 1
  16. Saturn Girl Committed Player

If YOU Developers have the same personal thoughts : scroll up.
    I'm gonna ask you to add a new key to the game's system of PC users, when we press L and open the loot screen, we press another such as "N" or ". " that roles need and another which rolls Pass, Already Space rolls Greed. I have tried al l options in setting and I can make you sure %100, there is no key for Pass and Need. Like the Melee on PS which rolls Need after opening the loot screen.
  17. mrforklift Level 30

1) People have different motivations for rolling Need. Just as your concerns should not be discounted, you should not discount the fact that they may have a reason you are not aware of. I may distribute to alts, I may give to League members that have not been as lucky, or I may be a broker hound. At the end of the day, my motivation should mean nothing to anyone in-game except me as long as I am contributing to the group by being a good support role or DPS.

2) I have no issues using a mouse to click on Need, Greed, or Pass. My understanding is that controllers have a way of cycling. Speed is not the determining factor of who wins. So take a moment and make sure you are clicking what you want to click. It sounds like you may have clicked Greed when you meant Need. Need will always beat Greed, even if Greed rolls 100.
  18. kingservant1 Well-Known Player

It does not matter how quickly you hit the need, greed, or pass button.

But it does matter how often you hit the need button.

You are given a number based on how often you hit the need button.

Sometimes your number is higher or lower than the others in the group.

This is why you do or do not get the loot.
  19. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

They can't even begin to understand what we went through......
  20. IamShifty Active Player

Lol... People wanna get on the forums and rant about crap like this rather than the actual issues with the game? SMH. The collections that drop in group loot don't give any sort of feat, or anything amazing for that matter. So there is no reason to cry about something so irrelevant. Ffs.
    • Like x 1