The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. DCFanatical Dedicated Player

It was posted a while ago. but the baseball bat drops as 102 gear in one of the Halls of Power episodes. the person who got it from there mentioned NGN, but I would assume anywhere 102 styles drop around that content is where you can find it. I usually go for the DW in the bane mission so I too am glad the baseball bat is in some other content.
    • Like x 2
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

New style on my main :cool:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, understand that it is not possible to do, it's just nice we have a Green willing to listen and work with the players :D
  4. DaReal_Flaconman217 New Player

5. DaReal_Flaconman217 New Player

could not upload image
  6. DaReal_Flaconman217 New Player

7. Megzilla Developer

We are exploring ways to allow players to further customize their characters. I threw emblem sizing into the discussion so we'll see where it lands.
    • Like x 4
  8. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Not to step on any of the other devs toes but you should be the one in charge of the art devolopent,you got so many good ideas and are interacting a lot more with us that the other devs are wich I think is so important :D Hope it doesn't sound strange or anything.Keep up the good work :)
    • Like x 1
  9. DC Urban Committed Player

Great to know, wow....two thumbs up

I do not visit the costume threads because...well.....I came from "Another" costume thread, and DCU version of the costume showcase looks like Batman/Superman dress up instead of original unique characters. Hopefully if this goes through, it could possibly change that. I am a Batman fan, but I would rather have a unique character and play the real Batman through legends.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Just to be fair, what shows up in the threads can be dictated to some extent by the new toys we get to play with. LOL

It can be a bit much to ask someone to go through over 500 pages, but something that shows up consistently here is that new outfits/styles pop up due to new style pieces introduced to the game. When we got Lantern-themed gear through the episodes or the emblems in the first batch of TCs, you ended up seeing a lot of Lantern outfits. When we got the Flash cowl and emblem made available, a lot of speedsters showed up. And so on and so forth.

I'm just as guilty of going the "iconic look" route as anyone. :D Some will do so to be like their favorite hero/villain, others may be seeing if they can replicate a particular look from the comics/other media with the pieces available to use. I'll do that from time to time, but part of it for me is that I've at least made a lot of attempts at original/non-iconic looks already and want to see what I can do with the new iconic stuff.
    • Like x 2
  11. vespa neo Active Player

Awesome thanks for the help!
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

My take on Guts from Berserk.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Couldn't find a good enough sword-style, so this one had to do.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  13. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Great job. :)

Out of curiosity, did you try the Themysciran Battlesuit feet in that look? It's not a perfect match and does have some glowing parts, but it seems like it'd be pretty close to the design in the artwork.
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

I tried them on just now, too metallic and glowy for me.
  15. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ah well, it was a thought. :D I figured the glowing parts might be a problem but I forgot about the metallic aspect.
    • Like x 1
  16. stärnbock Devoted Player

CINDER, from killer instinct (SNES)
    [IMG]
    ok, thats a cheap one, i admit ^^
    • Like x 2
  17. stärnbock Devoted Player

vice wise (an evil sorcerer)
    [IMG]
  18. stärnbock Devoted Player

arctess (wearing her frost armor)
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

my main (i did post this once but not in this thread... i guess) sternbock:
    [IMG]
    i am happy how the head goes well with the face, we need more horns and beards!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  20. stärnbock Devoted Player