How Long Should An OP Item Remain Best In Slot?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MrMigraine, Sep 21, 2017.

1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Once upon a time, OP Items (so named because the first of its kind was the Helm of Omnipotence - not necessarily because they were Over Powered) were few and far between. A ring here, a mask there. And their acquisition was all based on luck.

Today, they have a much bigger impact on our CRs and game time. There are more OP pieces than ever, in more slots and they have become much easier to acquire through collection brokering. Heck, during the Starro Event, we could craft them!

As such, they've lost a bit of their luster. They don't feel quite as special any more since there's always another one right around the corner. (IMHO, that's neither good nor bad, btw - it's just change.)

Since most of us would like OP Items to continue to matter for some time after the Episode/Event in which they are acquired ... and since most of us would like to feel rewarded for our efforts ... for how long should an OP piece remain Best in Slot?

3 Months? 6 months? A year?
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

3. Proxystar #Perception

4. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Or, instead of months (since sometimes there isn't a firm release cadence), how about by pieces of content?

If you get an OP Piece in EP29, should it last until EP30? EP31? EP32? Longer?

Also: should an Event's Content have the possibility of Best In Slot OP pieces?

And as long as we're talking about OP Gear, which was your favorite means of acquisition? RNG (as a rare drop), Crafting (as in the Starro Event) or the current, Collection Reward method?

Just curious...
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I like the idea of it lasting through a couple of contents. We put a lot of effort into getting these and it would be nice for them to last awhile
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

OP items are about 1 thing now....
    [IMG]

Danny Mcrbride does not lie :p
    • Like x 1
  7. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

It should remain op until the same op piece is redone.
    • Like x 1
  8. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

imo it should last at least 6 months depending on the piece.

if its a ring maybe 3, but a head/chest then 6 maybe longer. As those are 2 items that effect the CR and stats the most minus the weapon. So they should be effective being a OP item and all.

This is main reason I havent chased after a OP item for awhile now. Since starro I think.
  9. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

Apperently, OP means its good until the next OP comes out which means the very next DLC or content release.
    I like OP items but I'm not getting my panties in a wad if I do not get one or they are only good until next release.

I will add.

The devs know you love chasing carrots named OP so.......... The good gear had OP attached to it. Kinda like calling a good power OP when it's really not.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

imo drops were best, it kept me running stuff for said items and gave a "OMFG yesssssssssssssssssss" when finally getting it, now I dont bother with them as its nothing special to them.

before when they were drops you barely saw ppl with them so it meant something 'sorta'
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Forever?? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  12. Sugr Bear Committed Player

RNG has ALWAYS been against me in this game. I've never gotten a rare capsule drop, a rare piece I didn't have to grind and buy. Death's vest, any of them. The only OP pieces I ever got were the neck that was I believe 97, and the mask from throne just not on the character I want the skull reinforcement style for. I prefer the current method, because even though it costs me millions and millions, I can get them. That being said, I believe that they should last longer than they are currently. The amazon ring and neck should still be the best ring and neck, in my opinion.