Bounty vs content bosses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by xoHLxDPSox, Sep 16, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Why is it my 50% SC hits a village bounty harder then say JFA / USr bosses? I was watching LFG today and saw someone needing ppl for Grundy so I went and helped.

In doing so, I used a SC went wolf, serpent > bri > VL > Harv > carnivorous plants > roar

This is after popping supply drop before doing rotation, and popping trinket before using carnivorous plants. I saw a 106k burst.

Take boss in War Crimes I think, 1st boss, I can do the exact same thing and have only saw 60-90k this with 16,527 might @ CR201 / 309sp.
  2. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

Guessing raid / alert bosses have higher def compared to bounty bosses?
  3. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

My guess would be the difference is in defense for the enemy. I'll give an example from my recent play since I started over. I'm in Tier 2, and The Hive alert has four bosses. I hit three out of four bosses for 200-500 with my attacks. The third boss, Captain Buzzzcutt, I see single digit numbers flying off him. That fight is very long and drawn out, and I seem to recall it being like that prior to weapon mastery being added.

It would be great if they would either remove some of that boss's defense or remove some of the health. 10-15 minutes for a boss fight is absurd.
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What was your group composition in the alert? Roleless buff penalises your damage by 12% for each dps you have above one in your group.
  5. krytine Loyal Player

The bounties are identified as group bosses not alert and raid bosses they have higher defense
  6. MastaMind Dedicated Player

Highly doubtful that this has anything to do with it, but for whatever stupid reason they never removed the buff/clamp when they removed the "free preview" of the war-torn area. Pre-revamp they were actually clamping my stats because I had exceeded the limit, but most people did not notice it since you had to be pretty much maxed out for it to take effect. As far as I have seen it only impacts health and precision and especially after the revamp it buffs them if anything. Probably not the problem.
  7. matth431 Level 30

IIRC there's a mechanic to the Buzzcut fight where you need to debuff him first or he does have v high defence.

*Googles*

Yep, you're supposed to kite him into the fires around the room to apply a defence debuff to him.
    • Like x 1
  8. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Wow, I did not know that. Thank you for the info.

I remember a time when groups used to skip that fight altogether and go straight to the Queen Bee fight through some exploit. That's probably why I never learned the mechanics.
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

Its the damage disadvantage if u have to many dps in ur group depending on the amount of damage dealers from 12%-36%, this doesnt occur to open world groups.
  10. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

so raid/alert bosses have higher defense?

I would think it would be the other way around as it takes 10+ ppl to take a bounty down in the same time it takes a alert boss down which takes only 4 ppl.
  11. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats not the point, b/c I've ran 1 of each role and still only saw those numbers in SJ / WC.
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ok was just checking. :-S
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I was more looking at why the dmg was so different from a bounty vs a instance boss, as I thought a bounty would be harder / net less dmg / lower crits vs instance bosses.
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

as I said above I still see these numbers with a 'balanced' group of 1 1 1 1.