Kandhaq - Yes again

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by bull425, Sep 16, 2017.

1. bull425 Well-Known Player

It's been in other posts, but I just ran my first............and last Kandhaq until the Devs fix it. How the heck they missed this, and have not fixed it is beyond me.

I mean unplayable. It's kinda shameful that they have not fixed it as of yet, especially when this one was relayed early on. No content should be unplayable, and if it is, it needs to get fixed right away. This has happened in the past.

Smh on this one. I can honestly say this is the most angry I have been in 5 years of the game, and maybe it's because I have seen this before..............
    • Like x 4
  2. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

What's the issue?
  4. bull425 Well-Known Player

The issue is that the content is not balanced. That is the case with a lot of the content since revamp. Some has stayed the same, but try running Khan and FoS with a group of CR appropriate players, and see what kind of challenge that is.

I have been in Khan and FoS today so far. Khan, was a wipe out. FoS, is very, very slow going, Chasm.

My impression of revamp was that it would be challenging, but put a group together in the CR range, and it's doable, and if you are a good group, you may even earn the feats. That does not seem to be the case.
    • Like x 1
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

khan does seem brutal...also ace chem often feels harder than it should
    • Like x 1
  6. bull425 Well-Known Player

In FoS1 today, we only made it through because a 198 joined us. We had CR65-120 before that, and we could not get through. That is not balanced. Khan, forget about it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lionxoft Committed Player

Were you in a pick up group? You should expect to struggle in a group with zero strategy or one that has never played together before. That's pretty typical for an MMO and is what makes them a lot of fun.
  8. bull425 Well-Known Player

Agreed. But this is beyond ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  9. JasonIsley Devoted Player

They took out adds in Ace
  10. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Up it is pure ****, the game has been **** since update 73. this game just sucks. so no more money from. if you like you pay for it.
    • Like x 3
  11. bull425 Well-Known Player

Why would they take adds out? Should they not adjust the damage, and the hps of those adds, not make less. That is the easy way to do it.

Devs - How about actually adjusting the content so that players can play it as it is? Make it a challenge, but not because they do more damage and have more hitpoints, but because it's actually challenging.

smh
    • Like x 2
  12. JasonIsley Devoted Player

It didn't make it less challenging, it made it less tedious.
    4 waves of security
    Chemoid
    Trash mob in hallway to miniboss
    Miniboss
    Trash mob in hallway <-(This was removed)
    Repeat

Same for Arkham, certain spots are no longer populated by trash adds. You can actually maneuver around and avoid fighting a lot of adds. People don't actually do that though because not listening is apparently what's hip these days.
  13. light FX Steadfast Player

From what ive heard from people on here and ingame khan is broken. No matter what group u have. I personally havent run it yet tho since the revamp.
    • Like x 2
  14. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

Arkham can be awful for newer players. My wife and I struggled to keep up with a couple of experienced players when we first started playing; they were skipping the adds and telling us to do the same. Without knowing what paths to follow, which is learned by playing multiple times, we were left to fend for ourselves. The other two players just stood at the doorways to bosses and talked smack about how horrible their healer/tank were for not knowing how to skip. Duoing the adds in that alert took a long time.

I hope you at least go back and help players who are "not listening" because maybe they're just new and still figuring things out.
  15. JasonIsley Devoted Player

It's just like babysitting, there's almost always 1 too far ahead, 1 running after him and the 1 that runs around in circles.
  16. MastaMind Dedicated Player

There was definitely something with that rock in Kahn being messed up, and thus impossible to continue regardless of what group you have. However, it was completely ignored and at best it might get fixed someday. It is right up there with a mile-long list of other broken things such as:

1. Play enough LPVE and then try to queue into something else. You will start getting one hit killed by everything. Turns out that you have almost no defense left because you have some how pulled the LPVE character's stats out of the map. Thus you look like a fool, or get kicked out of the group, because you die left and right all through the level. I reported this with a video on day 2 of the revamp hitting. I also went the extra mile and submitted a ticket on it. Happened to me again the other day, and again it will probably never get fixed.

2. Walk into a building/base/anything that puts you on a loading screen. Either your game crashes entirely or you get your camera stuck in the floor. Both have been around long before the revamp. The best part is that if the game just crashes you often get "Linkdead" and usually locked out of the game for 10 minutes. Fun times.

3. Glitched feats. While some reports may just be the person doing the feat wrong there are several others that refuse to pop. Which sadly are probably stuff the forum majority already has, and thus even reporting it with video footage and a few people sharing the problem didn't change anything......

4. I forgot this one. One of my all time favorites. Open the Marketplace. It sits there "Loading" forever and never opens. You have to hard shut down the app. Open it back up and again.... Link dead! And again.... Probably have to wait 10 minutes!

But yeah OP. I have kept an eye on the "Bugs" area and there is definitely something wrong with that map. Best you can do is post it there and hope they decide to do something about it. On the bright side though..... They made the Splash Pack base items look more "Watery". GG.
    • Like x 1
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Was in South Gotham Courthouse last night on a CR-relevant toon. 2 other players (healer and dps) at my level, and one CR 154. I love how getting feats is now practically impossible at level, lol. Everyone was doing a good job, but it takes so long to burn down the adds during the jury stacking portion (and they don't stop for the tank and aren't stunnable either) even with a CR 154, lol. So, forget about that feat. Same thing goes for the Prosecutor and Defense Attorney feat. Ugh. So...much...fun...
    • Like x 1
  18. bull425 Well-Known Player

I would love for the Devi to grab at random 8 characters from players and run the content at cr relevance. It's very frustrating.

My whole notion of revamp was that I could grab players for content that are cr relevant, and if it's done well, I could complete the content plus earn the feats. That is simply not the case. Yesterday, I completed Khan and FoS because we had a 198 come in. Otherwise, we never even get past the rocks or the hive. To me ridiculous.

When I have 5500 hp, and one of those canons in FoS does 1300 damage. Well, the math speaks for itself. To me, that is unbalanced content. They didn't need to test to figure that out since they changed us, but not the content.

Btw, I am more annoyed than angry.
    • Like x 1
  19. bull425 Well-Known Player

Sorry for double post. Just got out of Prime, wiped many times, and 3 dc's and people leaving and it's done, maybe 15 minutes. One tentacle does 3700 hp damage, I only have 5500. Hmmm, balanced............I would say no.

Again, how did the Devs not realize this? Another piece of unplayable content for CR relevant players. Stats revamp should have had the opposite effect. Difficult, sure, but not wiping without even taking down the first boss. We had one cr200 in the instance, the rest in the range.
    • Like x 1
  20. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

You're not supposed to get hit by the tentacles. They made mechanics do more damage in raids, so if you're not avoiding the things you're supposed to be avoiding, your CR won't save you anymore.