What keeps you hooked?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Asking as a general question, what is it that keeps people hooked on DCUO? Is it the gameplay? Roleplay aspect? Or just the people you've met?
    • Like x 2
  2. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

The hope that this game will achieve the greatness that it is capable of.
    • Like x 13
  3. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

Styles. I come here for styles. I like to create things with the world this game created.

for example...

I play Red Dead Redemption for fun and smooth gameplay.
    • Like x 8
  4. Controller Devoted Player

The Lore, the Powers (loving Water (Kloud Strife) - especially once I fully level her up).

The content has been nice and looks to get even more exciting.

This revamp seems bothersome but I'm not leaving.
    • Like x 2
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

The ideas of creating loadouts that I never really apply anyways + the fact that "max level"(CR) is also increasing, so the progression, while slow, isn't really stagnant, the levelling aspect, and, of course, the FWEEEEEEEEM
    • Like x 3
  6. inferno Loyal Player

DC.
    • Like x 4
  7. Hraesvelg Always Right

That presumes I am hooked. I can quit any time I want, man.
    • Like x 5
  8. M1 Garand Well-Known Player

Auto-renewable yearly sub, I forgetting to cancel...
    • Like x 8
  9. The Anxient Loyal Player

Progressing my character, base decorating, but mostly my friends.
    • Like x 4
  10. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

Peoplesss
    • Like x 1
  11. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Wait... are you talking about the forums or the game?
    • Like x 1
  12. Deus Ex Machina Committed Player

I am hooked or addicted to the time capsules. They give us amazing looking styles, emblems, auras, and even materials that are a great addition to the game. Always eagerly excited to see what the devs have up their sleeves on the next one.
    • Like x 1
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

The DC Comics IP will keep me playing this game until the servers shut down.

My Leaguemates keep me logging in on a daily basis. Such fun people.
    • Like x 2
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

game
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I've been giving DC a little bit of a break; I just run my stabilizer fragment duo and log back off. Normally it was the leveling and style creation that kept me hooked to this game as that was my favorite aspect.

but now I'm not sure If I feel like I actually want to play DC these days. Whatever sparked me into playing this game, I feel like that's disappeared for some reason I cannot describe.
    • Like x 5
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I like grinding for the feats. I am a big fan of games within a game. Kinda like the Legend of Zelda. There is so much to do in dcuo.
    • Like x 2
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

That's why I made this thread. Spark is gone. I want to be hooked again but I don't know if I might be looking at it from the wrong angle or something, which is why im asking others.
    • Like x 1
  18. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

What else are you playing out there right now? games I mean.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'm not sure if it's even if your looking at the game from the wrong angle. It could be due to the fact that(At least from what you said in your goodbye thread) You and me have been playing DC for so long, maybe it's just not fresh or new anymore; and when you play the same thing everyday for years on end; no matter how dedicated you are to it; you're eventually going to feel a sense of being burnt out from DCUO's repetitive nature.

Don't get me wrong, I like the stats-revamp and what it's done for the game; but Ultimately lack of mechanics; reused maps; meh styles, along with the same old group and tank and spank mechanics really damages DCUO as far as staying unique and giving players something new to do(Which they do provide new content, I know this; but it feels all sorts of the same.)

That's why I'm trying to give DC a break; come back to it after a while, and see if I can somehow get reinvested into the game.
    • Like x 2
  20. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

That and a little bit of all.
    • Like x 1