Rage Health Stacking Needs Tweaking

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bigpapasmash180, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Bigpapasmash180 New Player

!st I would like to thank mepps for answering my questions during the Q&A today. he asked me if I was seeing anything different to go to forums so I am here

here's why...

Long story short, my base health is 35991. after doing 50x pulls on 8 sparring targets my health only increases 9k+

the hit counter cap is 50x for any other increases. defense is not boosted by 50% due to fervor because my base defense is 22158 and when I activate a defense boost power my defense only boosts approx. 7k and last time I checked 7 is not 50% of 22.

Either my numbers are off or their numbers are exaggerated or the mechanics are not working properly. I get that its revamp but I would like to see health stacking tweaked ESPECIALLY if I'm not getting my 50% defense boost

Thoughts?
  2. Rokyn Dedicated Player

It's working as intended. The health bonus you get after the 50 hit counter is equal to 100% of your dominance. Meaning if you have a hit counter of 50 and a dominance of 7500, then your health buff will be 7500 additional HP. If you're struggling in Elite, trying changing your loadout around, playstyle, or stat distribution. You kinda gotta experiment. I found that Without Mercy, Vindictive, and Redirected Rage Shield have been excellent for my personal playstyle in Elite. Without Mercy has a CC effect that gives you breathing room, Vindictive doesn't break like a regular Shield would and you can turn it on/off. And Redirected Rage is all around good in my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  3. Bigpapasmash180 New Player

thanks for the comment. I completed JFA elite several times the last time I attempted it last week I got embarrassed and have been in the lab ever since. I couldn't tank adds or the boss even with a 2nd tank there I was getting worked. I come up with 3 loadouts all with different play styles and my safest loadout was getting smacked up and ive been trying to figure it out ever since.

before revamp we could stack our health really high with pulls. I agree that needed to be changed but at the same time 9k health is 1 hit during a boss fight and if I get my hit counter up into the 200's my capped at 9k and defense at 7k and IMO health stacking should be increased as our hit counter increased
  4. Deathmike Devoted Player

That's not your base defense. Tank stance already gives you a 50% bonus (and you're probably also wearing the 10% neck mod).

Deathmike out.
  5. Kryptonian Being Committed Player

Compared to atomic tanking, Rage tanking feels weird. Atomic tanking you just need to activate your aura while Rage tanking you have to reach the hit counter.
  6. McShotzz Well-Known Player

Pretty sure fire is the same way now iirc, higher hit counter = increased healing received.
  7. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

Hmmm, I'm actually seeing positive results with Rage again.

I enter each fight with Without Mercy (WM)/Severe Punishment (SP). I then use WM again when I'm about halfway through SP. I use E-Chain as my Rage nullifier, clipped into Redirected Rage (RR) while SP is on cool down. Once the shield is at the 4 o'clock position, I hit WM again. A little over the 7 o'clock, I hit WM again, clipped into SP.

I don't use a breakout, so this is a bit risky, but I'm also running with Vindictive for those "Oh crap" moments. Vindictive is basically another SP, but it's supercharged based and can be used without having to worry about rage crashing (click once to activate, click again to deactivate).

Hope this helps, but I'll also try to post a video of me using it in JFAE/USE this weekend.
    • Like x 1
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Fire doesnt have that but I think would be a nice addition.
  9. L T Devoted Player

Fire gets a defense buff from hitting burning targets. The hit count requirement is a disadvantage for fire and rage. The burning requirement is a pretty significant extra disadvantage for fire.