H-town area Harvey checkin

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by darkgalahad, Aug 27, 2017.

1. darkgalahad Level 30

Howdy, just a thread to all of my fellow Harris, Galveston, Matagorda, and other counties and places in Texas due to Hurricane Harvey. Let us know y'all are safe.
  2. Faust74 Loyal Player

I live on the Northeast side and the neighborhood I live in sit on a hill, so we're fine. Only problem we may have is that there are only 2 ways out of the neighborhood and those bridges sit on lower ground and they do get flooded out.
  3. darkgalahad Level 30

Thanks, Faust. We are in North Pasadena, so the drainage is pretty awesome here, so far.
  4. Eve YouTuber

I am not from Texas nor United States, but I hope everyone is safe and sound and that this terrible nightmare will end soon.
    By the way some Developers are from Texas as well like Mepps ... (Says on his page) and on Twitter I saw SJ as well...
    Seriously this happens when "Water Power" comes out ... no I am not making a joke here this is a weird coincidence. God bless everyone there and I hope it will be over soon. Sitting here like I wish I could help somehow... :(
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

What I'm told Austin being further in land where the DBG Head quarters is wasn't hit as hard.
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

That's good then.
  7. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

I'm in Stafford. We lost power for a few hours, street flooded a little bit but other than that all is good.
  8. DC Urban Committed Player

Forgot about DBG location, glad to hear everyone is good. I just think the timing of the water power release is a bit strange with everything that is going on. Crazy....

The was a major system......I heard about it weeks ago, but did not think the end result would be this huge.
  9. Faust74 Loyal Player

I'm in New Braunfels now, doing some river rafting. Already had this vacation planned and booked well before Harvey. I had to take backroads to reach Hiway 290. All major freeways leading to San Antonio were flooded.

What's weird, all of New Braunfels is in panick over a "Fuel Shortage". According to some locals, good old "reliable" social media hyped up a fuel shortage because of oil rigs shutting down due to the hurricane. So now there is no place near my campsite to gas up, bcuz of the high volume of people that filled up their vehicles and gas cans at once. o_O
  10. Wonder Womann Level 30

I live on the Southwest side on Westheimer in between S. Gessner & Jeanetta. A little flooding but all good except for the Traffic:mad: