Spamming Isn't Tolerated On The Forums So Why Is It Tolerated In Game?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm talking about gold spammers. They're in Shout, LFG, Trade. I'm putting 6 or 7 on my ignore list a day and yet if these same spammers tried that on the forums they'd be banned within minutes so why is nothing done about them in game? Do the devs care at all?
    • Like x 3
  2. Dreadshow Well-Known Player

Forum Moderation much easier than in-game moderation. Even with a 24/7 GM in game they would still creep up and I doubt Daybreak can afford 3 in Game GM pulling 8 hour shifts to do just this.
    • Like x 1
  3. Prosser Dedicated Player

In reality they would need even more than that. Hero and villain side, as well as for EU/US, and that's just covering LFG, trade, and the WT/HOD shout. There is still Gotham and Metro shout which can get going at times.
  4. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

All they need is chat feed from all servers on one screen and wait for that god awful customized moot stuff to appear. Then you just do business and lock them out or whatever. So it should only take like 1 person in theory.

But!!!!!!!!

Make trade and lfg only available once we hit level 30. We can at least make that a little more cleaner so the bots now have to play to spam or spend money to boost (bad idea). And shout chat can well idk, maybe make it to where you did a few steps in leveling process and some stuff in journal so it becomes active. Make it monotonous for them duckers especially if they are pc people (no offense but they on your platform). If you wanna play then go thru the process but if it's too much then just walk out side and turn to dust from the sunshine like a vampire would.

My two cents.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

This is exactly why I say limit chat to every 5 minutes except certain tabs like say/tell etc. Slow RMTs and Toxic conversations down. But whatever enjoy both of those while I keep my game uninstalled for a variety of reasons. Dcuo doesn't ever change to much.
  6. The Anxient Loyal Player

Do the same thing with players. The same character spammed trade chat with go see my YouTube channel for op loadouts all day.
    • Like x 1
  7. Microwave Well-Known Player

Ok all of these obstacles are real for the GMs to overcome about in game gold spammers.

However it seems like we could have a report spam button or something and all the reports could go to a central location and wouldn't require tons of man power. If it captured the text in the chat box and sends to them too then it'd be easy to open it check it and ban them. I bet it could also be rigged to automatically block the spammer you've just reported when you click the button. Unless the game is so rigid it can't be changed to include a simple button to send a report to someone, I don't believe anything they say about why they can't fix gold spammers.

Granted unless there's a way to make the process automatic and without having the ability to err, it might not get rid of them but it would reduce in numbers drastically. I block a gold spammer almost every day.

Also I have no way of knowing if it's true, but it's been suggested by other players in game that the gold spammers are actually DCUO themselves and that it's another ploy to make more money.
  8. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

... regarding the title.
    ...it's because Devs are on the forums, but they don't stay on LIVE for too long to be bothered by it. :p:D
    ... *runs away*
    ... interestingly, I did see a GM pop on last night for a few minutes.
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It's really a simple thing and folks right here came up with solutions. No shout chat until level 10, no LFG/Trade chat until level 30. Also, if you're dormant for 5 minutes, you're logged out. This way they can't just post their bots and walk away. There are solutions. 100% foolproof? No but it can curb it significantly. Also, about needing multiple people to monitor chat is a cop out. If I'm seeing it simultaneously on shout/lfg then there's no need for multiple people. Just 1.
  10. SuperBell Loyal Player

Coming up with solutions doesn't mean the solutions are a good idea. And if it was a simple thing, the Devs would have done it by now.

The facts are, any hurtle you put in front of a spammer, many more non-spammer unjustly get that same hurtle. 24 hour chat monitoring being a waste of money and resources outweighs what ever slight, if not nonexistent, impact it would have on spammers. And finally you have all the resources you need at your own finger tips; the ignore button. That is the really simple thing.
  11. Dene Devoted Player

I think no LFG/Trade until Level 30 is a bit much.. ppl under 30 may have things to trade or want groups etc
  12. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Again, cop out answer. As I said, this same type of spamming isn't condoned on the forums but it's ignored in game. Same with the appalling language. Say even half of what's said in game and you're gone from the forums. In game, you can say what you want.

That said, how about this then: F2P/Premium no chat until level 10.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

How often do you see low level LFG requests period let alone in LFG. 99% of LFG is for content T6 and higher. No spammers in T6 and higher...or T1 and higher for that matter.
  14. krytine Loyal Player

The
    There is a clear reason and only one reason that makes sense. Dc devs are getting a kick back or are leasing and authorizing gold sellers. The gold sellers did not get this bad until dbg took over. This is only another means of them raising cash for the game. And the devs have talked about how well things are going the future of dc is very bright.
  15. SuperBell Loyal Player

Explain how it's a cop out answer?

Surely you know the forums and in-game chat are completely separate things, right? Traffic in a 23 hour period in-game far exceeds traffic on the forum. Busting people on the forums is much more manageable than trying to do it in-game across multiple phases and consoles. Once someone posts something here, it will be here when Mepps gets into work and decides if it's breaking the rules. In game, it's not that easy. And as always, it's not that big of a deal.
  16. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

They actually have human beings on the server to mod stuff. RIP GM Rugged Monk. Always helped a brotha out.
  17. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I wouldn't go that far because the practice of selling in game cash is a direct violation of TOS. The issue with DB taking over is that it's painfully obvious they removed what few game monitors they had. Because they used to be in game.
  18. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

The cop out answer is, "you're not going to be able to stop them so don't even try". The other cop out answer is "Busting people on the forums is much more manageable than trying to do it in-game across multiple phases and consoles." We're all on one chat channel when it comes to LFG(anyone who has asked to join a group and after joining you're asked to join the leader's phase). We're also, PC and console, one happy family so that is a poor excuse. As I already said(which you obviously didn't read) I see at least 5 or 6 different spammers on during the day and put them on ignore so if I'm seeing them, a GM can see them. So, the solution is do do something, not allow it to go on. Sorry if logic hurts your feelings.
    • Like x 1
  19. krytine Loyal Player

There is no reason for the spammers to be here except dc is allowing it and getting a cut
  20. Dene Devoted Player

I see it enough that it exists..

LFG is not default or we'd see it more, LFG used to be default and was used by many for low level stuff but default was removed to help stop spammers. The spammers know LFG so it stopped nothing, as all they had to do was click in to settings, 10 secs later they could spam, meanwhile ppl who don't know the game do not even know LFG exists until they read it on the forums or are told by others in the game

I get the frustration but this disabling of a usable source for low level players is a bit drastic... not everyone is T6+
    • Like x 1