Making money in DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vervesa, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Vervesa New Player

Hello, I'm an old player, used to be called Donkey K0ng. Anyway...

I was formatting my computer and went through my normal routine of checking my stuff on all folders to see what I want to save before formatting and found some random stuff I wrote in a txt file when I used to play this game regarding how to make money. So instead of just deleting the file, I might as well share it here.

It may not be relevant nowadays, but I don't know, that's up to you to decide. I don't play the game anymore, so I have no idea.

------------------------
    Making money

- Walk-in inner sanctum instance (the terminal part have infinite adds spawn and drop blue gear. Farm it. Salvage it. Profit with simple and complex mat). Sometimes it takes time to drop blue gear.

- Seasonals and other temporary stuff are always more worthy after it ends, because there is no way to get the collection and base items besides during the seasonal period.

- Save stabilizers for when new seasonals or DLCs come out and use them on new capsules and sell all of it right away. First day of a new DLC/Seasonal is the most profitable one.

- Buy Complex and Simple material when they're cheap and save them for when a new DLC/Seasonal comes out. Sell them on the first day of the DLC/Seasonal, they will be selling quickly, so the cheap ones will go really fast and the expensive ones will be the only ones left eventually.

- Farm and sell the top most expensive collections:
    renee montoya
    green kryptonite
    class A
    superboy plaque rubbing
    sniper umbrella
    purple corn
    sdi-style thermoptics
    dna crosslinkers
    rutherfordium
    olivine
    Tine from Hade's Pitchfork (used to make crown of hades. I sold for 40m once, so if its like less than 10m, buy and resell later on when there aren't many in the broker)

---Ammenities collections:
    Blue Toothbrush (around Stryker's Island)
    Research Data: Metallo (around Steelworks)
    Should we really have so many toxic barrels? (around Ace Chemicals)
    Aaron Cash’s Wristwatch (around Arkham Island)
    The Ventriloquist’s Wood Polish (around Arkham Island)
    Auto Repair 101 (around Stryker's Island)

- Always choose "need" on everything so you can have stuff to salvage.

- Collect phoenix matterial collection items on alt and receive the Phoenix Material as a reward and sell it for 150mill at least.
    -- Missing 3 items to complete the first Phoenix Material:
    --->Flaming Phoenix Feather (none on broker)
    --->Centaur Hoof (around 10m)
    --->Molted Gorgon Skin (around 10m)

- Farm and sell expensive styles:
    Legs: Snake (Shimmering Sunstone Legguards)
    The whole snake set is usually expensive

- ***Crown of hades***:
    Buy items from the collection that rewards Crown of Hades, use them on a toon that didn't complete it yet and when you receive the reward via email, sell it. Crown of hades is worth around 10mill and the collections items total cost is around 5 mill.

- Collection items
    -- Tine from Hades's Pitchfork (most expensive)
    -- Cerberus's Leash
    -- Narcissus Flower
    -- Key of Hades
    -- Precious Metal Ingots
    -- Cypress Spri
    -- Ebony Chip from Hades's Throne
    -- Invisibility Helmet Chin Strap
    -- Drinking Horn
    -- Chariot Wheel
    -- Obol Coin
    -- Flask of Lethe Water

----- Farm stabilizers, time capsules and seasonal stuff on as many toons as possible
    • Like x 4
  2. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

this is a game. something we play for fun. what your saying is true. if you want to make in game money. and get all the (no skill needed feats) you need to have this as a second job. lots of time . lots of alts. cant seem to put my finger on it. why is the player pop getting lower and lower...hum...
    • Like x 1
  3. OhSicks Well-Known Player

I appreciate this post. There are players that want/need the marketplace, and merchanting, to be explained to them.

Making money in games has always been a grind. There are players that enjoy the marketplace aspect of games more than much of the rest of the game. Hence some people go into accounting because they enjoy it, not just because it's a good paying job. Making money is the game for some people.

Also, as to "no skill feats", what I assume you meant to say is non-role skill feats. If a player makes money in game and buys the collections/styles, that is a skill. If a player spends real money and gets stabilizers/replay tokens, that is not skill. I don't spend real money on things I can attain by playing the game, however, I have built up a sizable amount of funds throw merchanting on the marketplace, this is money I earned through skill and patience.
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I made 180 million from july 26th to august 26th selling only the OP collection from AoJ. Reason i say this is that was only 30 days and i was selling collections from only 1 dlc. Could of made much more by doing some of the things the OP mentioned. $$$ is not hard to make in this game if ya know what u are doing.
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Sorry you don't like it. Some of us enjoy playing the broker. I don't all the time, I save lots of stuff and do this a few times a year. Heck, the other day a thread started about gadget troll tanking. You know how much I've made off mass provocation things? Players like me are not killing the population. The lack of content does a nice job of that.

Made a sweet 90mil the other day. I had bought the time torn aura when people were cheating, thanks for that to those that were lol. I finished the collection and sold the material. Water is making it very valuable.

Sorry but to say our population is being hurt because of the broker, then why are prices so high? There's plenty of people with plenty of money. Just because some of you thhink the OP gear means anything, that's on you. I am very fine with capitalizing on everyone's grind. ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont like playing the broker at all but i agree with ya.
  7. matth431 Level 30

Why IS the Superboy Plaque Rubbing so ******* rare? Collection items should have equal chance to drop given there are usually 6-8 per collection it's grindy enough. I'm hurting for feats to get my SP up as it is and I need the damn Steampunk head style from this collection. Have only got about 2 million credits and when this item is on broker normally goes for 3.5 mill ffs.
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Coulrophobia and Chiroptophobia which are found around Arkham are expensive as well.

Have a lot of Marks of Victory? Buy Essence Purifiers. Each cost 5 MoV. I usually sell ten for $1 Million. (But be careful! To make each Special Forces generator mod you need 15 of these. So unless you've already stocked up, it may be best to keep these around.)

-----

Here's an extra non-broker tip...

Have you already finished the Olympian stuff and gone on to Special forces? Do you drop down to Premium every so often?

If both of these are true then keep doing the Olympian stuff to get Monstrous Essences!...."Wait, what?!?!"

As a Premium you only get $2000 at a time. Monstrous Essences can be sold to vendors for $1750 each.

And I believe they stack to 100 so they won't fill up your inventory.

So if you're like me and take a month off every so often...Play PvP, fix stuff until account is near empty, sell a single ME, repeat. No need to scurry around farming bits of cash here and there.
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Year One this piece was going for $30 Million. Consider yourself lucky.
  10. OhSicks Well-Known Player

I hope this wasn't taken as liking the post I quoted, I like the thread OP and was responding to that quote.
  11. matth431 Level 30

Or we could consider why the drop rate for the item is so ridiculously low compared to other collections?

Seriously, in a single 15 minute Radar Enhancer I get EIGHT "Who is Supergirl?" Planet Headers and god knows how many YAW! mugs and Metropolis Metros pennants but after a week of farming I'm no closer to this item, which I'm hunting for 25 damn feat points. Revise the ******* RNG guys.
  12. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I've been playing over 6 years, I've still yet to find one on my own.