The Uninspiring State of Ice DPS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kid Multiverse, Aug 25, 2017.

1. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

I was actually going to ssuggest they give that to us as a material or aura on the MP :p
  2. Prosser Dedicated Player

To get back on topic of how Ice dps (in PvE) is doing, I'm just gonna quote myself from the Ice guide thread. (I'm feeling lazy :p)

• Like x 4
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I liked that post the first time and I like it now. Clunky is definitely how I'd describe current Ice dps.
    • Like x 4
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

"uninspired" is a good word for it. i've been wondering when ice casters were going to speak up.

one of the things i was looking forward to was speccing my primary alt (smashgirl) back to her original powerset. despite its performing at the top of the food chain during the am era i never got into it.

i'm glad i had a backburner alt that was ice to try it out.

can't say i got too far. like the other powers that were left behind ice feels slow, awkward. trying to recreate loadouts i used to use in the pre am/wm periods fell flat. just what they did to resonating gale alone is enough to make me rage.

whats worse is does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

for me its all just so slow. it needs to be sped up.

i currently have my ice guy specced into weapons with a loadout that consists of superspeed abilities and a few ice aoes. i figure if he's never going to be worth leveling up into top tier content i may as well have fun with him for the occasional romp through ace chemicals or arkham.
    • Like x 5
  5. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

I put ICE's dmg 'potential' somewhere in the middle. With maxed stats and good dps habits (things... not necessarily ice specific). A very good ICE dps can out DPS (decent margin) or edge out a mediocre earth (jh only), rage, atomic or celest. There are still ICE players who top the boards in their runs. The thing about a belle curve is that majority players are in the middle.

If the skill level are more even, yes it's an uphill climb iagainst the top powers. It's competitive with the other middle/low tier powersets.

btw, I agree with the opening post on ICE, so when an underdog shines, it's just that much sweeter.
    • Like x 3
  6. JDK Exo Rus New Player

Just make cold snap clippable again and i will be happy.
    • Like x 2
  7. light FX Steadfast Player

I dont think anyone in this thread asked for ice dps to be "op." Every thread about the revamp and power sets seems to end up being the same thing, which is people trying to derail it with excuses. Or twisting words. Or saying people want this to be op or that to be better when no one even said that. The derailment tactics have become so obvious and its weird behavior. Its also just sad.

I can only really think of 1 reason people would do this and im not going into that. But it needs to end. If people cant constructively contribute to a thread simply pay em no mind. Remember, dont feed the trolls. Because usually all they want is attention. Ignore it and move and continue the discussion or debate. Provide #s if ya can from content or parsing to help improvements or adjustments happen.
    • Like x 6
  8. Prosser Dedicated Player

Ditto! I don't want to be OP. It's just that anytime I'm in a raid group I'm so far behind Nature/Electric/Rage, I'm sure the group is wondering why they brought me, instead of a spare troll or healer....
    • Like x 5
  9. Prosser Dedicated Player

That could be a start for sure. Take the damage away from it and make it clippable, and make it give frostbite instead of using the PI.
    • Like x 1
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I've seen players running that and doing well with it
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Your confusing players that want their power to be OP, to those players that feel you POWER should not determine how OP you are. Bro, the player has always made the dps special, AMs and now even, its allmaboit what power you pick. Every time someone argues this points I can jump on my 197cr 111sp earth alt and show you in PvE, PvP, and tanking how the balance your trying to justify is not there.
    • Like x 4
  13. Prosser Dedicated Player

I tried different loadouts/ rotations last night that were suggested in this thread and I couldn't really make anythingwork well and keep up with others.

About the best/most consistent one I came up with was my old WM rotation, which I will probably use for now. WT/IB/REF, DW WM>IB x3 and repeat. Keep RS up and blizzard for SC. It's not perfect but it's working for me atm.

Although I really prefer Pftt, so hopefully they make some adjustments soon.
    • Like x 1
  14. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Welcome to hell enjoy your stay :p
    • Like x 1
  15. Prosser Dedicated Player

Just wanted to chime in that I placed 2nd in a JFAr last night! ....... of course the Nature dps in first was double my dmg, and the other guys were quantum, mental, and a rage dps who switched to tank after ours DC'd.......
    • Like x 2
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Hehehe, nice one.

I did a little messing around with a modified alerts build and brought Freeze Breath into the mix. It's not bad as a secondary PI applicator and it hits harder than Gust if you're using a rotation that includes Ice Boulder Strike and Gust, you can slip it in when Bolder is on cooldown. Still not super happy with Ice-- hoping it get some tweaks. I'd really like to see more of a mechanic built in; compared to some of the more fun DPS sets, it really doesn't have much of interest going on :(
    • Like x 1
  17. AJPro Committed Player

Could not agree more also does anyone know about reflect. It gives you the ice armor that used to mean a dos buff...but in stats it only increases defenxe
    do u know if reflect give a damge buff? It gives you the ice armor that used to mean damge buff but onlunincreases your defence stats. Byt ice elemental increaes no stats when triggered in you stat page and it supposed to buff your attacks so maybe reflect still buffs damage?..
  18. AJPro Committed Player

Thanks, but same question for cold snap as reflect does it still buff damge evethough no change in stats?
  19. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I dont think its part of it anymore but i havent used ice since pre t5 so i really dont know... i think the last time my character was ice was during nexus and prime thats when i used to switch back and forth from ice to earth
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

thats the LO I was running before went back to nature :p