Non-Speedster & Mechanics

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sargent_Arson, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Sargent_Arson New Player

I haven't read much on the subject and don't know if it's ever been brought up before but first of all...

As petty as it may be I'd like to see the electricity sound effects and visuals taken off of super speed movement or maybe given the option for it to be added to a character or not. I know in the DC Universe the only speedster power originates from the speed force but maybe some people like myself just like a hero or villain that is capable of running really fast for other reasons.

The other thing I wanted to touch was the mechanic for "tails" and "whips". If the mechanic would ever be possible because I think it would add a lot of style to the game and even the possibility of a whip weapon.
    • Like x 2
  2. Lynx Committed Player

Imo super speed should change effect based on your power. Electricity keeps the current visuals, fire gets a flame streak, earth leaves a cracked trail in the ground, ice leaves an icy path on the ground, so on and so forth. I love super speed the most out of the movement types, but I can't bring myself to use it on anything except a lightning character.
    • Like x 6
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Lol, next in time capsules, movement mode skins!
    • Like x 1
  4. VioletSorceress Committed Player

Idk why Devs stopped with movement variants after Skimming.
    Id really like to see Superspeed variant with flaming effects (Ghost Rider style) or Quantum entanglement kind of speed variant or as a new movement.
  5. Streven Dedicated Player

I remember this idea being floated in the past. Never got traction or dev response if I recall. Its a good idea. Not everyone wants that electric animation on their toons.
  6. Fission Active Player

tbh I'd be happy with just being able to change the colour of the lightning.
    • Like x 1