Please Fix Sorcery ... Or No More Subs

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by 0xDJBx0, Aug 23, 2017.

1. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

There have been quite a few discussions relating to the underperformance of Sorcery with the revamp. But, nothing has been done about the issues that have been raised, not even an indication that they will be addressed at some point. Therefore it's time to look at the business transaction side of playing DCUO.

According to the revamp description, all powers would be balanced and stats would matter. This is what I am paying for and this is what I expect. However, how can the stats matter if the powers are not balanced? More to the point, why pay for a product that does not live up to it's promise?

My league mates suggest that I change powers. Is that a solution to the problems I experience as a Sorcery player? No, not by a long shot, I play Sorcery because it's my power of choice, I pay to play Sorcery and I have no intentions of changing to another power.

In a few weeks time, the beginning of October, my Subs will have to be renewed. I have turned the automatic renewal off though, and this is the way it will stay unless the Sorcery issues are addressed before the renewal date. All I'm asking for is that I receive what I am paying for, surely this is a reasonable request?
    • Like x 5
  2. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Bye. :)

As a long time sorcery player, I gave up. After dealing with the MANY ridiculous comments from people playing other powers, like you just haven't found the right loadout or rotation, give it time. I took Daybreaks offer with the free power change token. I haven't changed powers in 4 year or so. I was very sad with the revamp and sorcery.

You are correct. There is ZERO intention of changing or fixing sorcery. If I had time or wanted to, I'd find all the snips from Green names saying how sorcery is now a skill based power. The only power in game I have ever believed is skill based is celestial.

Good luck!
    • Like x 4
  3. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I have no issue with it being called a skill power set, if it parsed in line with other powers. But it can't even hit the benchmark on the dummies. What is tee benchmark? I've heard 14k dps but the top 4 powers are doing 18+. Sorcery is 12-13. All I hear is people that play the top 4 saying I don't know my power yet. Or that I need to play hybrid. I top out at that 12-13 mark no matter which focus/playstyle I use.

That shows me that the playstyles are pretty balanced but the power itself is sub par

• Like x 3
  4. Sixfiguredice Well-Known Player

Scorcery is only slightly behind electricity but your stronger then Mental and gadgets. Once they remove that damage over time from Serpents Call + Any refresh move the damage would be around Electricity and Scorcery's level. I still can't see how PC testers missed that especially the Nature fanatics.
    • Like x 2
  5. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Did electric get a nerf?
    • Like x 1
  6. The Jelly Bean Dedicated Player

Let's see...for testers it is a plural word meaning more than one tester who tested on the test server, but how can one tester testing on the test server test everything out? You can't.

And if it is plural, does that mean they post feedback? Nope.

Maybe if it was on ps4 with a huge add population compared to pc, then yeah a lot of tiers would be tested and I would bet that this revamp would've been totally different and not so stupid,
    • Like x 2
  7. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Until they fix it can I borrow your stuff?
    • Like x 2
  8. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Not gonna quit the game over it. I'll focus a bit more on my fire toon, that's all. Sad though.

Got paid today, had a nice OT check with a few hundred extra bonus. Stopped myself from buying anything dcuo related because I can't fully enjoy my main power.

They got me on the summer sale, I was still hyped thinking I just hadn't figured it out yet. Not this time dcuo, not this time.
    • Like x 6
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm pretty much there myself. i knew this revamp was going to be a disaster for me. out of all of my characters only my nature dps have come out ahead. mental is broke. quantum is broke, ice is broke. the controller role is a joke. healing is a joke. stats revamp sucked all the fun out of the game for me.

its going to be hard quitting but the truth is since the revamp all i do is log on, play a little, get disappointed and then lag off while watching netflix or doing something around my house. I have about three weeks left to see if things turn around.
    • Like x 6
  10. The_fair_1 Committed Player

So far there's like a general agreement about mental and sorcery being the bottom two powers. The devs have done nothing about saying they will look into fixing them. This is what I'm used to, as sorcery has almost always been pushed under the bus. They don't care about balance but instead care about making certain powers slightly better just so they can sell more power respecs. What really doesn't help is when people get on and praise the devs for balancing everything so well and then saying we haven't figured out our power and they refuse to test and see the numbers themselves. I have friends talking about hitting crits of 9-10k with powers that are the same likeness (PI applicators) as my sorcery and the highest I get with same stats is 6k they talk about powers critting for 10k or so when PI is on and my moves with projectiles all fitting is max of 7-8k... sorcery is proven to be bottom grade power and has nothing to truly show that it needs a buff as the devs won't say anything
    • Like x 1
  11. NightSpells New Player

I loved the game before the revamp . I thought revamp was going to make me love it more . Instead, I hate it now . I sign on to get my stabilizer then I'm done . Since I'm playing other things I may quit the game entirely . Save myself the membership fee . Such a radical change to the game . Has completely alienated me .
    • Like x 3
  12. Whizzkid Dedicated Player

If true, that is the most pure form of irony considering they dumbed down the combat system so far that nearly anyone capable of randomly mashing buttons consecutively could master it.

Other players who play the "top" power sets have historically responded with the "Git gud" mentality or the "I know a beast *insert power here*, you just don't know how to use it." to deflect the fact that your power is either broken and/or statistically inferior to theirs which in some cases warrants a nerf to theirs.
    • Like x 8
  13. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I don't think they ever specifically commented about sorcery. They commented about mental powers doing the same thing(exposing on allies). Then when we mentioned sorc, crickets. When the testers brought up sorc, crickets.

14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It has never been this bad. 1st 2 weeks anyone that complained were called bad players because all powers were fine. The complainers/whiners Didn't take the time to find a loadout
    • Like x 7
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are carefully reviewing feedback on all powersets. The most useful or effective feedback is detailed and without exaggeration.
    • Like x 11
  16. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

Please fix munitions biggun it needs to be a 50 % sc
  17. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Thanks for this.

Is there an ideal place to post feedback about specific power sets?
    • Like x 1
  18. WildcatHunter Committed Player

With 3 powers that very frequently miss their targets and no way a player can keep things like tanks or even other players from absorbing those hits I can't see how this isn't already on your list of things to fix.
    • Like x 6
  19. light FX Steadfast Player

Id love to see quantum/mental hit 14k per second. And see the problem is who set those benchmarks? As far as i know its been other players yet none of them have actually showed each power set doing this. Not that i have seen.
    • Like x 4
  20. Xibo Loyal Player

Rage, Nature and Earth will be certainly nerfed.
    • Like x 1