1. Apolloin Well-Known Player

It is hard hitting but I tinkered with my loadout today and I swapped frost breath with robot sidekick and it is doing really good damage. You should try it out
  2. Django Unchained Level 30

I use Wintry Temp - Impaling Ice (Supercharge Generator) - Arctic Gust - Frost Blast - Avalanche - Ice Elemental.

Impaling Ice knocks back and builds your supercharge. You can pair that up with Frost Blast. Use Arctic Gust in between cool downs. Avalanche is mainly as a ranged stun to keep adds bouncing in the air.

The beauty of Frost Blast is that its powerful and you can move around while waiting on the animation (unlike Avalanche). So when using Frost Blast, move around while its winding up.
  3. Ice Lynx Dedicated Player

Dead dps is useless dps. :rolleyes: There are much more "oh sh*t" moments now, so shield is must-have.

Snow Devil has decent damage. With my stats it does almost as much as Arctic Gust without critical hits, 18 ticks of damage, each hit does around 350-400 on training dummies; hits harder with frostbite. But it also sometimes draws aggro and keep enemies busy, which is useful. So it's like small flying DoT. There is small time gap where you can have two Snow Devils at the same time.

Avalanche is mobile too. :confused:
  4. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I've tested both supercharges and blizzard gets you more dps
  5. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Already did that :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Actually tested with robot again and it's better than frst breath
  7. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

If I wanted to incorporate Robot Sidekick into my loadout what would I replace? Avalanche, Gust, Reflection, or Ice Boulder Strike?

I LOVE THEM ALL!

Whoever told me to use Boulder Strike instead of the one you throw is a genius, works like a charm.
  8. Apolloin Well-Known Player

Either ice boulder strike or resonating gale, but I don't know what it is but not having robot side kick brings done my overall dps.
  9. firerob Level 30

power ice is dead :((
  10. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Meh. I gave up on Ice a few days ago and went to the power I used to have the most fun with, Rage. While Ice does have the same potential to hit as hard as Rage, it's very slow to charge up those type of hits. I can pop multiple big number hits in the same amount of time it take Ice to pull off Frost Blast, if you can even hit with frost blast cause of how long it takes.
  11. dvdira New Player

Yup same here. Finally gave up on ice yesterday when a 196 earth dps outdpsed my cr206 315sp loadout consisting of Wintry Tempest - Reflection - Ice Boulder - Ice Boulder Strike - Arctic Gust - Elemental (probably the sixth or seventh loadout I've tried that finally yielded consistent 6 to 9k dps on both adds and single target).

Respecced to Earth, went into a raid and used Jackhammer shamelessly, and was satisfied for the first time this revamp.:)
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Ice Boulder has too slow of a windup time. Thats lost DPS cos in the time you wind up Ice Boulder, other people are getting your hits in. Ice Boulder hits well enough, but not enough to compensate for the animation time. You are better off using something like Freezing Breath from the Iconics Powers, and getting your DPS in while channelling.

Frost Blast also has the wind-up time but at least it compensates with the big damage.

Ice Elemental is more of a Tank SC. Use Blizzard on adds and maybe switch to NVB on the bosses.
    • Like x 1
  13. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I agree 100 percent
  14. TheKeefMaster Well-Known Player

Too many people using Frost Blast. Why? It's unreliable, takes too long, is unreliable, costs too much, is unreliable, and is unreliable. Use Avalanche and thank me later.

Don't use the Boulder you throw, use the one that drops. It's an AoE power and hits hard all the time. Thank me later.

Blizzard vs Elemental : I see a lot of back and forth on this one and after testing them both I have to say Elemental beats Blizzard hands down. Not by much but I guess it stems from Blizzard ONLY has base damage, no added bonuses unless you've popped a trinket. Elemental gives a bonus to everything you use after you transform which, from what I've seen is basically double whatever you normally do.
  15. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

Because Frost Blast was one of the big hitters. It has way to long of a cast time though. Worst of all, Rage's Outrage hits harder on the 3rd hit of the combo than Frost Blast, doesn't take nearly as long, and you still get 2 other pretty big hits with the first 2 hits of Outrage. Use Revenge or E-Chain with it and put out great damage and use the same amount of power as Ice.