Rage vs Electric on DPS

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by HankDP26, Aug 4, 2017.

1. King Smoker Well-Known Player

i get that im not gonna lie to you and say the revamp is perfect but it made the majority of the powers close. the revamp could have been much closer but the devs decided to release the revamp earlier than expected. you can fault the testers for that. three of the four powers i use are not doing so well at the moment on live which are gadgets mental ice mind you that i main troll always have since 2012 when i started playing. the only power that i can stay relatively close and not get 3mil is sorcery. im not gonna lie and say you will be top dps but you won't be bottom dps especially if you are dpsing vs people that have no clue of how to use their power. before the revamp it was a two power show mental and ice. now you have earth elec nature rage quantum hard light atomic all doing well. while we have other doing well from just certain ranges as ice gadgets sorc etcs. i hate that my power only does well from melee but its better than not have a power do well from any range. thing are still getting tweak so give it some time. natures roar is getting look at and earth is also getting an adjustment. so there will be more tweaks coming soon.
    • Like x 1
  2. HankDP26 Well-Known Player

Well... my idea in this post is share loadouts and prove me wrong, I have been doing all tier raids and alerts and Ive spent some serious coin on respec tokens and my experience is that pfft electric, hybrid rage, hybrid earth and pfft nature are killing everything else in dps output, not a single time since the revamp have I ever seen another power out dps those mentioned, and Ive been doing hours and hours of runs.

So my main question is this, why do all you guys say you have to learn your powers? Im just talking about dps i do not care for other roles, even had one time that a cr 180 sp 198 electric murdered in dps output in blackest day a cr 201 sp 302 gadgeteer, I mean wtf? Sp matters ya

So please help me use this thread to explain not to critique, community is already toxic enough... a thread about explaining mechanics and stuff can be a good thing. I love gadgets and after i tried every single combo (pfft, hybrid, weapon spec) fully modded all loadouts possible cr 198 sp 298 I have never ever been able to do better than 3rd in raids dps, and i always got out dpsed by powers mentioned above, even with less sp and cr and just switched to electric pfft.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

GS is doing better than 25k. It's like at 80k without fury. I do agree that it is weak for a 100% and need at least 1 other loadout
  4. DemiGodRick Active Player

y use fury then? :/ xDAm made it a necessity fr all dps l/o huh?
  5. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

Hello, can you please tell me what "Pfft" means? I just keep making weird noises with my mouth everytime i see this come up lol.
  6. Tilz Loyal Player

Play from the tray. Means only powers and no weapon attacks.
  7. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

how does Pfft stand for Play from the tray? wouldn't pftt be a better acronym for that? i can't keep up with all this hip lingo
  8. Tilz Loyal Player

actually it is PftT ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Schimaera Devoted Player

Pfft

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  10. Roocck Committed Player

First I would like to say that I was one that was against the revamp, after playing the revamp I did enjoyed it. I have changed powers to Electricity and also to Earth and have played both powers along with Munitions and in my opinions are doing very well. ATM I am having a hard time trying to understand why players are still commenting that some of these powers are op. I have played against Rage, Ice, Quantum and Gadgets losing against them in damage. These players seem to know there powers and loadout that they were able to top the scoreboard leading by at least 800k. (Some with lower cr and sp than myself) I think that every power and players can be beaten if they can learn and finding the right loadout.
    • Like x 1
  11. Kimmern12345 New Player

Amen
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Basically players will flag the following as op:

- exploit does Fake Damage (Dmg not to adds but on the scoreboard)
    - exploit enables fast high bursts that shouldn't be possible (weapon mastery Mental/gadgets AM)
    - playstyles are as strong/stronger than themselves but are easier to learn/master
    - playstyles are harder or more dangerus but yield way more DPS output on the scoreboard (Rage melee)

- pretty much all powers that beat them in Duos (JK, or am I?)

"OP" is a term that is mostly used on "powers other than my own" and only rarely used to actually call out powers that are out of balance and too strong compared to all the other powers.
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

An idea older then this game.

Remove the scorecard, players and powers are judged by their ability to clear content not measure their DPS.

Then there are less players saying things like, so these two powers are the only way to DPS, when they really mean these two powers are the only way I can get top DPS
  14. ConveyDcuo Well-Known Player

High im acrobatics with rage and im a very experienced dps i would like to discuss the mobility issue for frenetic bombardment.the moment revamp dropped i noticed a problem with the range combo frenetic bombardment,you cannot jump and move while doing the 4 tap or it makes u go into a tap range.This needs to be hot fixed asap what are us rage dpses supposed to do in elite content not move and get knocked out because we dnt want to lose damage and we cant move ?
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

so false but thats what you get from a sick community