My Sorc LO post revamp. PVE/PVP

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Yaegermeista, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Yaegermeista New Player

I've seen a lot of different LO on Sorc and it seems like everyone does something different. Sorc is no longer op. In fact, I believe at least in PVE DPS, it's 1 of the worst powers to have. I only have 187 SP, 101 pvp Heals/DPS, 199 PVE Heals/198PVE DPS. I'm mainly a PVP player. If you play on the US XBOX server, you'll know me as Athalia. Please give feedback.

PVP DPS
    Build: Superpower, All attack crits, 101 in Might, rest in Prec, Might and Prec Mods
    LO: Wod, Transmutation, Shard, Soul Storm, Boon, and Transcendence(SP)
    Weapon: 1h, no mastery
    Rotation: Clip Wod and Trans, weapon combo clip shard, and I use Soul storm when the person is on their back. Either clip it from a combo or just hit it. I use my shields when I need to. I always have BK and WoD going. I've out dps'd everyone with this LO. Now I consider myself pretty good with X,Y,RB or what some call the paper rock scissors game. If you're new to PVP, I wouldn't even focus on powers too much and just learn your weapon. Learn to ''read'' your opponent and how they attack. Don't get a mastery because spin slash is easily readable and you will get blocked. Sorc DPS in the arena is definitely better since the revamp. I'm able to keep up/beat muni, HL, Elec, and other top DPS.

PVP HEALS
    Build: Superpower(for the regen), All heal crits, all resto, Power and Resto mods
    LO: Boon, CoP, RW, Rej, Invocation, Transcendence(SP)
    Weapon: 1h, no mastery
    Rotation: Boon and CoP are always going. RW for multiple heals and Rej for priority. Invocation is my ''oh **** heal''/group AOE. With the heals it's situational based. Invocation is beastly but is interruptible. Rej and RW are good quick heals. I've tried different loadouts with the watcher and it's just not worth it. I get more healing out of this set up rather than any combination with the watcher. Really sucks they nerfed it like crazy. I use superpower instead of hybrid because I feel the regen is awesome. My heals are already good without the 5% increase. With more power coming in, I can keep people alive longer.

PVE HEALS
    Build: Superpower, All heal crits, all resto, resto mods
    LO: Same as pvp except I use AoD for my super
    Weapon: Dual Wield with Bow Yhold Yhold mastery
    Rotation: Pretty much the same as PVP. Boon and circle always on. RW for multiple heals and rej priority. Same definition for invocation. Invocation is by far your best heal. I use it when boss aoe the group. No watcher, again its pointless. I really miss using it with the old PIs. AoD is the only way to go for your superpower with PVE heals. Unlimited power. I basically spam my priority and throw shield out there. Might use invocation for aoe. Again, I feel the superpower build works great because of the regen. I hardly ever run out of power and if I do, I use boon and a WM twice and I'm at half a bar. Sorc is still top for raid heals. It can no longer solo everything though, like some elites.

PVE DPS
    Build: Superpower(10%might/regen), all attack crits, all might, Might mods
    LO: Trans, Soul Storm, Soul Barrage, Shard, Circle, Neo Venom
    Weapon: HB, no mastery; Just the single point
    Rotation: Circle, SS, SB, Shard, Trans, SS, SB, Trans, SB, SS, Shard, Repeat. I use no weapon attacks. PVE DPS for sorc to me, is one of the worst DPS powers ATM. I've read a lot of posts on different loadouts and tried them all with some on my own. I get the highest parse with this 1. I only have 187SP which contributes to my low output. I barely out DPS tanks. Its stupid. Fury doesn't do anything anymore. I am very open to suggestions for help with DPS

Thanks for all feedback in advance
    • Like x 1
  2. MastaMind Dedicated Player

I ran the US raid the other day with my former power (Munitions) as well as the current fotm Earth. Not sure what all the other DPS players were using. I know there was an ice in there. Since switching I noticed that Sorcery is somewhat broken. So I didn't check the scoreboard at all. No one was doing pick ups and on Gentleman Ghost I died entirely and missed most of that fight. Even setting that fight out I was #1 on the scoreboard as far as damage output when it was over. I think I use Circle, Transmutation, Soul Siphon, Soul Barrage, and Soul something else. Pretty much I just hit 2 DoTs right out the gate since they expire stupid quick in comparison to other DoTs I have used. After that I do the siphon which is kind of a tank pull, and then I do the other 2 moves which look to be the same move (One throws one ball and the other throws 3). I usually keep Fury out since I picked the power primarily because of pets.
  3. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've yet to find a good loadout. I've even tried using iconics because they hit harder that most sorcery powers and don't miss. I've come to the conclusion, there are 2 ways sorcery can be played. Weapons focused or PftT. Neither do even good damage. If the 3 powers that have possibilities to miss, wouldn't, and fury do twice the damage he currently does. Then maybe sorcery would look a little better. As is, your not going to pump much damage out of the powers.

I've pretty much given up and been playing my atomic tank, that everyone says is fine and not broken. Lol.
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

I'm drawing the same conclusion. If I use all the of the "broken" powers and they don't miss, I don't get doubled. If they only miss a couple times I can marginally stay ahead of the atomic tank(lol)

5. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

I do this, i find that i can actually keep up. (though 313sp, mods and soders def help)

PVE DPS
    Build: Weapon(10% weapon deamage) all crits, full precision, and all left over on might/power. Precision mods
    LO: Polymorph, Weapon of Destiny, Offering, Fury, Circle of Destruction, Karmic Suspension
    Weapon: HB (with bow Masterys).
    Rotation: Keep Circle, weapon of destruction and Fury active. power Fury as needed end each weapon attack with Karmic suspension. I personally just spam the Explosive shot weapon mastery and hit the other powers as listed above. kept up just fine in JFAr, USr, and both alerts. I messed around with might builds and just couldn't get anywhere near the numbers. Also pro-tip, Use Polymorph while standing in a supply drop.

Let me know if you like it :)
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

My current melee build is similar to yours. I've subbed out a few things that are currently under performing. I am full prec, 1h melee masteries, robot sidekick, neo venom, karmatic backlash, transmute, shards, WoD. Fury is trash, and wasting 2 spots on him is a total waste. Regardless of what testers will feed you. The robot sidekick is the strongest pet currently. After I removed both fury and offering, my numbers went up. Karmatic back lash is great, no PI needed and hits well. As a weapons focused, even with super charge generator, your SC builds very slow. Transmute hits better. Shards is ok, and has a dot. You could also use condemn here.
    • Like x 1
  7. Jeazy Baby Dedicated Player

a find the SC generation to be pretty good actually, can usually get off like 5-6 per alert. Polymorph i single target but it hits 4 times for 8-16K each tick. not bad on bosses at all.

I was just talking last night about switching over to 1h and seeing how the WM attacks are hitting. I'll try that out today for sure. I like the idea of pulling fury and offering for robot sidekick and neovenom. i'm gonna give that a go as well. thanks for the ideas here.