Questions about leaving the game.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by cravex15, Aug 1, 2017.

1. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Ive been playing this game for seven years. Ive been on on auto-bill for seven years. And even though as of recent I have been playing less and less the past couple years (I usually only come around now for seasonals and or updates) I have still been on auto-bill even though I don't play day and night like I used to anymore. And TBH Im kinda glad, I feel like I broke free in a way. The reason why I am still on auto pay though is because I cannot come to terms with letting go or getting rid of all my characters I have put so much time into. 13 alts, 200+ SP, lairs, League Halls and everything I have spent months and even years making, creating and grinding. I just cant for the life of me see myself just tossing it all away. Wish we could download it all and keep it somehow but we cant so... I leave my card auto-pay.
    Well my question is what happens if I do stop payment for good?
    What happens to my alts? Where will they all go? How long will they remain before they are permanently deleted? "Do they" permanently delete after a certain point?
    And to that extent my next question is…How long does DCUO actually plan to be around? (Mods Im asking)
    Perhaps I could come back if just to give my credit card a break for a awhile if DCUO plans to be around forever. But if they plan to maybe shut down in a couple years time then maybe I will call it quits for good. IDK. Im just on the fence right now but after this recent update Im leaning more and more towards just getting off that fence once and for all.
    • Like x 2
  2. LT Schmitt Committed Player

If you still have your loyal points I would use them to buy extra character spots that go with how many toons you have. this way you can at lease play seasonals and special events. By stopping to membership you will lose things like bank and inventory space but going off what you have said you might have enough loyalty points to buy what you needs to feel like you aren't missing anything.

If any of this does not help, got any cool auras you want to unload?
    • Like x 1
  3. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Nothing happens in-game. You should retain control of 2-6+ of ur toons, u choose. The rest just go inactive till u sub up or increase ur toon limit. Your league/lairs still exist, the buffs and generators will just run dry. And "gasp" you can still play what you own, and RIGHT NOW the game is open all the way to epi 27 for all.

Aka nothing bad will happen if you stop paying, just less usable toons and less content. All new episodes look like they give free 30 day previews also. You dont have to delete toons or lose items.(except for mail? Dont know)
    • Like x 4
  4. Scypher6 Well-Known Player

Correct answer above ^
    • Like x 1
  5. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Check dcuo out again in 2 years, which probably has about 3 weeks of fresh new content for you by then.
    and as you eventually catch up in those 3 weeks you can then again take a good 2 year break.
    • Like x 4
  6. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Oh yeah I didn't think of that. Buying character slots so if my membership is out I can still log on to my toons and play what's available like seasonals or special events. I do still have my loyalty points. I have close to 25,000 I think. In fact I almost forget about them because I have for a long time now put it into my head not to not think of them or use them. To save them up for a rainy day...or days. I haven't used a loyalty point in years. Omg I'm just now realizing everything I could spend them on. lol
    But yeah the only thing stopping my membership will do is cancel out my bank slots and my inventory slots and my unlimited cash flow so that sucks.
    Damn, all my millions!
    Will all my money still stay there inactive but I can't touch it??!! What if I come back just for seasonals? Will it still let me keep adding to my money even though Im capped off but never got rid of my millions?
    This is still a tough choice on what to do.
    Still would like to know from a mod how long DCUO plans to continue on. One year, two years, five years, ten? Thats also a deciphering factor for me.
    And sorry the only extra auras I have right now for the untradable ones.
  7. cravex15 Dedicated Player

8. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

If you have the same 10 per month deal as i do, you'll lose that.
  9. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

This is pretty much what I've been doing for the past few years except not quite a 2 yr break....
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Planetside servers were running for 13 years.

Since there is no follow up game for DCUO, it is far away from soon.
  11. inferno Loyal Player

If you have 25,000 badges be smart in using them and wait for stuff to be on sale like they are now. get your character inventory slots and maybe even buy episodes if you want, so youre not stuck on just the basic instances.
    • Like x 1
  12. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

At some point OP, the time spent in the game becomes a sunk cost if you aren't truly enjoying it anymore.
    • Like x 2
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

you dont lose your characters or items if you choose to not pay legendary again. I ended my legendary June 12th iirc and have all mine, everything on them ect.

I still play though, but to go off a different account I bought a year membership for xb1 played 2 days saw it was dead over on that server never went back.

I still have my character over there sitting at iirc lvl 24
  14. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

yea your money will go to what is called escrow, and you can buy escrow tokens on market place which have different limits allowing different lengths to use your escrow.

so yes you'll keep your money :)
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

cant buy episode while legendary, and idk if you keep loyalty points once you cancel membership, but I assume you would though.

EDIT

iirc I recall there was a person that wasnt able to buy episodes with loyalty points so just a heads up ;)
  16. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

I have millions to....I just cant access it lol.
  17. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

When anybody's sub runs out, your account automatically becomes Premium status. As such you get a cash cap (2000), 6 character slots and the ability to trade items (not cash).

You will lose access to all DLC/Episode content, base mainframe, utility belt and some other small stuff.

Now if you have any characters with any purchase powers (HL, Electricity, Earth, etc.) you will be able to keep them, so no worries there. You should also be able to keep using the shield weapon if it is the from creation weapon of a character but as a secondary weapon that has never been clear, if you keep it initially as soon as you respec you will lose it.

Since you will have only 6 character slots (if you haven't bought more) any character above that will be locked until you sub again or buy more slots. You will be able to choose which character you want to keep unlocked.

All that said, to your specific questions. I already answered your questions about alts, as for deletions, that does not happen. Account information is a permanent thing, this includes characters, whether you use them of not DGC never intentionally deletes characters (glitches have happened but can be fixed), names however can be changed.

There is no timeframe on any game's life, no one not even the companies that make them have any idea how long they will last, for the most part as long as a game is profitable it will keep running. Now DCUO being a licensed product does have the factor of DC Comics not resigning the license agreement but there is little chance that will happen.

For the most part DCUO has many years of life left in it.
  18. inferno Loyal Player

yup. that's why I said for him to wait until the next sale is up rather than use up all his loyalty points at full value unless his legendary runs out b4 the 6th. Not sure about the inability to purchase episodes with loyalty points. That would suck, it had been a plan of mine before when I was considering going premium.
    • Like x 1
  19. Risenheart-Jim New Player

6.5 Years game went up January 2011 and before you go telling me I don't know diddly I've been here from the start, the game hasn't been up 7 years yet.
  20. Risenheart-Jim New Player

You turn into a premium player, all the tunes past the 6 at the top of the launchpad are disabled and you can have up to 16 in premium (6 active, 10 inactive). I would imagine they stay that way as long as the account is active, I know people who have come back after 3 years with the characters all in tact... All the characters will stay on the account I've never heard of Daybreak deleting characters for non-use. As for how long DCUO plans to be around I would imagine forever but then they don't decide that the market does...so if they go under so does the game...