Solo, Duo's, Alerts, Raids, and Operations

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Jul 31, 2017.

1. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding the stat revamp, and what it has done to your character. Below is a breakdown of how content is supposed to be run. In the event that you are not running content in this format, you could find yourself overpowered in some circumstances.

Solo = one player (you alone, at level should be able to beat content)

Duo = 2 players (you and one other player, any roles)

Alerts = 4 players (you and three other players, any roles)

Raids and Operations = 8 players (you and 7 other players, it is recommend no less than one of each role)

When revamping the game, I believe Devs looked at the format above, and adjusted accordingly. Previously, some instances could be overpowered by a lone player, sometimes, even game mechanics were no longer relevant, allowing a simplification and a degradation of the game experience to new players and veterans alike.

Please adjust, run content with the number of players expected to be in the instance to reduce the chances of finding yourself overpowered.
    • Like x 1
  2. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I find it hard to believe anyone could do an alert at level without a healer now, everything hits too hard and takes too much damage to defeat. YMMV on whether that's a good thing or not, I'm just pointing it out.
    • Like x 2
  3. matth431 Level 30

Yeah, even with me (CR138) and a CR90 in yesterday (other two players at level) we kept wiping in the final area of Strykers because we were all DPS - without a Tank to split some of them off via taunts or a healer to keep us up, the 12 inmates Grodd sics on you were taking us down time and again - I think the most we took out was 4 before the rest downed me then went after the others. I had a lot of the remainder at low health but not enough healing about.
  4. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

dcuo went to long excluding support, its high time that ends, and its up to devs to not back down on this 1.
    • Like x 1
  5. MastaMind Dedicated Player

It is possible but it makes it way more work and it takes longer. Definitely not the 1-1-1-1 format that I had heard. The real problem seems to be queuing up. Since the revamp hit it has become harder and harder to get into a group for those alerts. This morning was the first day ever that I was unable to get into WC and SJ from 5:45am-7am. I had a queue pop twice but someone out there did not accept it. Hopefully that changes after I get home from work. I know the time frame I listed would typically be perceived as a dead zone, but I have been running stuff during those time frames since I started playing the game. More specifically I have ran these two alerts every single day during those times.
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yeah LFG activity has dropped pretty hard the last few days.
  7. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I had trouble with a solo yesterday, until I added a shield to my load out to help prevent some damage. Adjustments may need to be made to load outs in specific instances, to help eliminate some risk of failure.
    • Like x 2
  8. matth431 Level 30

Actually, although I've gained a couple of SP and gone up to CR143 since, a fresh attempt (me, another CR150+ and a couple of 50s) wiped at 9/12 inmates except me, but I was able to solo them and take out Grodd, though took several minutes and a lot of sodas and Triages.

I feel manly now. More kudos to the CR150+ tank who solo'd the rogues after the rest of us got KO'd.
  9. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

takes forever to do them anymore. for many reasons...
  10. Black Jaq Devoted Player

Who knows what DCe is like now?
  11. XxKings87Xx Level 30

Struggling to get a piece a gear I need to get my cr up .. im finally 140. Need new face piece and neck but I dont know where they drop from
  12. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

which solo?
  13. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

let ya know today ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I found pingbot in the lounge a little tougher, I used to be able to kill it pretty easy (mental dps) but with the revamp, and significant less damage, I got one shot a time or two trying to take him down.

I dont mind this to be honest, I want a bit more of a challenge. Force me to think a little bit about what I am doing, dont let me hit 1,2,3,4 and everything in the room be dead...
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

interesting, at what CR/SP was you doing this at?
  16. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

around 195, with 270 sp. The one shot exploding grenades were quite deadly. I know mechanics right?!?!
  17. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

at that CR and SP you should, or one would hope (no offense intended lol)

but chances are its just a boss fight needing to be looked into by the dev team like kahn / wave / prime ect as they are producing to much damage, but Im about to run it and see how I do in it.

Thats the gotham sewers solo right? T3
  18. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

No, Iceburg lounge. End boss, and I must have been drunk cause it was the penguin not the pengbot.

Geeze, I'm a idiot.
  19. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

oh thank god, b/c I ran the T2 or T3 gotham sewers even recorded it lol, and was like TF I just 1 shot this bot how. . . in. . . the. . .anyone. . . have problems with this at 180+ lol

but guess there is a 1st time for everything, will do iceberg lounge tomorrow as Im off eating atm :p
    • Like x 1
  20. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player